Beast races and you

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
So I've been playing Skyrim, and I've noticed a few things, but the thing that bugs me the most is the beast races. I just started my second account as a Khajiit and I joined the Dark brotherhood. When I found out about the contract to kill the Khajiit trader I realised how small an amount of the populous is either of the beast races. This annoyed me. Mainly because they are the more original and interesting races, whereas we have a fair few fantasy stories with elves, we have hardly any with anything like the Khajiit.

I think to fix the problem of a major lack of these races the DLC should be fairly heavy on them, maybe a series of isles to the north where beast races live in solitude.
My question to you is what do you think of this 'problem', how it should be combated and finally on a side note, what you think the DLC will be.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Its mostly due to the setting in Skyrim. For Oblivion there was a totally perfect split basically, since Tamriel was smack in the middle of everything. Skyrims cold doesnt suit argonians or Khajiit so you dont see them. You dont see elves much either since the Nords went to war with them. Its more of a Lore thing in this case.

Iggy Rufflebar

Mar 26, 2008
Skyrim is home of the nords, who display a lot of contempt for the other races.

While I agree that not all races are getting enough screentime, they'll get theirs when it's their homeland that the next game is based in.

Having DLC focus on a certain race strikes me as a bad idea though, I honestly have no idea what they have planned for DLC but (horse armour withstanding) all DLC made by them has been well worth the money and I don't see any reason why this DLC wont be similarly amazing.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
Doom-Slayer said:
Its mostly due to the setting in Skyrim. For Oblivion there was a totally perfect split basically, since Tamriel was smack in the middle of everything. Skyrims cold doesnt suit argonians or Khajiit so you dont see them. YOu dont see elves much either since the Nords went to waar with them. Its more of a Lore thing in this case.
pretty much this

Nunny

Aug 22, 2009
In terms of DLC, im hoping they venture a little into the neighbouring provinces, hammerfell to the south west has left the empire and morrowind to the east has been overrun by the Argonians.

Would provide some interesting small side storys to venture a little bit past the border.

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
Both good points, I just find it sort of sad to see about 1-3 races all the time. Admittedly the Khajiit in Skyrim are all awesome

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Because filthy beat races don't deserve to live in a province as great as skyrim.

(Or, you know, they don't want to be around a buncha nords saying that.)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Don't Khajits come from a desert or something? I imagine Skyrim isn't exactly their cup of tea.

Not sure about Argonians, but I'm glad there aren't many around, they look ridiculous.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm surprised to see Argonians as it is, seeing as they're cold blooded creatures living on the freezing tundras.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
I'm surprised to see Argonians as it is, seeing as they're coldblooded creatures living on the freezing tundras.
Although they look it, they are not coldblooded.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Hafrael said:
Casual Shinji said:
I'm surprised to see Argonians as it is, seeing as they're coldblooded creatures living on the freezing tundras.
Although they look it, they are not coldblooded.
I would guess they're mammals too since they have boobs...

Still, weird.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Orcs live where they want and do what they want.. clearly they are the superior race in TES...plus they are horrible overpowered.. haha

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
Googenstien said:
Orcs live where they want and do what they want.. clearly they are the superior race in TES...plus they are horrible overpowered.. haha
Orcs aren't beast race right?

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Night_S1ash said:
Googenstien said:
They're elves... apparently.

OT: I would be happy if we had a few more Khajit, if only so there could be one to marry...

Zeushbien

May 23, 2008
theemporer said:
Night_S1ash said:
Googenstien said:
They're elves... apparently.

OT: I would be happy if we had a few more Khajit, if only so there could be one to marry...
A furry! Run for the hills!

jk :p.

Mar 30, 2010
Night_S1ash said:
So I've been playing Skyrim, and I've noticed a few things, but the thing that bugs me the most is the beast races. I just started my second account as a Khajiit and I joined the Dark brotherhood. When I found out about the contract to kill the Khajiit trader I realised how small an amount of the populous is either of the beast races. This annoyed me. Mainly because they are the more original and interesting races, whereas we have a fair few fantasy stories with elves, we have hardly any with anything like the Khajiit.

I think to fix the problem of a major lack of these races the DLC should be fairly heavy on them, maybe a series of isles to the north where beast races live in solitude.
My question to you is what do you think of this 'problem', how it should be combated and finally on a side note, what you think the DLC will be.
Read a little of the lore on the Great War. In Morrowind and Oblivion all the races were living equally under the Empire. When the Aldmeri Dominion (Summerset Isle) declared war on the Empire Morrowind had been devastated by Baar Dau and was conquered by Black Marsh, Valenwood had been conquered by the Thalmor, Elswyr had willingly gone over to the Dominion, etc etc etc.

Basically the reason there are so few beast races and elven races in Skyrim is because the Empire (which now only consists of Cyrodiil, High Rock and Skyrim) had been at war with the Dominion. Therefore members of said races were not welcome inside Imperial borders.

Night_S1ash

Feb 6, 2011
Grouchy Imp said:
Night_S1ash said:

Read a little of the lore on the Great War. In Morrowind and Oblivion all the races were living equally under the Empire. When the Aldmeri Dominion (Summerset Isle) declared war on the Empire Morrowind had been devastated by Baar Dau and was conquered by Black Marsh, Valenwood had been conquered by the Thalmor, Elswyr had willingly gone over to the Dominion, etc etc etc.

Basically the reason there are so few beast races and elven races in Skyrim is because the Empire (which now only consists of Cyrodiil, High Rock and Skyrim) had been at war with the Dominion. Therefore members of said races were not welcome inside Imperial borders.
I thought Khajiit were slaves? I will have a read though, catch up on some lore

Edit: Slaves in Morrowind