Beer Bombs Away With the "Mini Fridge Beer Cannon"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Beer Bombs Away With the "Mini Fridge Beer Cannon"

This may be the greatest invention since the wheel: an iPhone-controlled beer fridge cannon that lets you pick your brew by remote control and then fires it at you from across the room.

Pop quiz, hotshot. It's midway through the third quarter and you're stretched out on your recliner in front of your 52-inch plasma. Doritos on your right, Ding Dongs on your left - but you're out of beer. What do you do? What do you do?

At least one man, a creative genius by the name of Ryan, will never again be plagued by such a nightmare scenario. He's turned his old beer fridge from college into the most incredible yet practical robotic super-weapon of all time: a "mini-fridge beer cannon" that fires his suds of choice at him from across the room.

The beer cannon can be aimed through the iPhone interface thanks to a built-in webcam, meaning that beer acquisition can continue unhindered even after a migration from recliner to couch. It packs a 50 PSI punch, enough to provide both refreshment and post-refreshment-dulled-reflexes hilarity, and will even tweet about every brewski it fires. It's sheer, unbridled awesomeness in every way except one: Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, Bud Select and Pabst Blue Ribbon? Seems to me that a beer cannon should have some, you know, actual beer in it.

Source: Engadget [http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/29/iphone-controlled-beer-cannon-is-the-robot-friend-of-our-dreams/]

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Awesome! To bad that i don't like beer...But it can be used on Cola and other can sodas right?

...Right?

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Wow its proof that you can be really creative and still have no taste in beer. But really that is a great thing.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
This is the single greatest contribution to *MAN*kind ever!

Can't speak for womankind I guess but nonetheless...awesome in every way!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Darwin Award waiting to happen?

Shame he couldn't load it with Black Sheep, that would be awesome.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Wow...that is beautiful. But I'd probably fill it with soda. That way, I can mix it when I feel like alcohol, and I'm still good to go the other times.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Generic Gamer said:
I don't think we want that loaded with ale, the idea of a 500ml glass bottle being fired at me is a little terrifying.
Pah, you coward!

I think it would be perfect, I'd even up the pressure and load in bottles of Smirnoff and bottles of Glenmorangie while I'm at it.

Drink!

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Anyone have a guess on how long it will take before the reports of people seriously injuring themselves pop up? My guess is a week.

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
I guess much like NASA firing test monkeys into space he had to perfect the device with expendable beer before loading it up with something actually drinkable.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Generic Gamer said:
fix-the-spade said:
Pah, you coward!

I think it would be perfect, I'd even up the pressure and load in bottles of Smirnoff and bottles of Glenmorangie while I'm at it.

Drink!
Well with whiskey at least the wounds'd be clean. Be great if you could cross this with that Lego sentry gun that guy made a while ago, make it into a randomly targetting drinking game.
That, my good sir, you should patent straight away.

Before I beat you to it.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
PBR...my cheap nasty beer of choice.

gibboss28 said:
Load it with proper beer and then I'm 100% interested.
Proper beer deserves gentle treatment. I don't want my Dogfish Head shaken.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Generic Gamer said:
Chapper said:
That, my good sir, you should patent straight away.

Before I beat you to it.
Like fuck you're taking my idea...that's dissertation material right there! My tutors will be so proud.
Well, alright.

But can I be a part of the field tests? You know, stuff like this needs proper testing!

How about next saturday?