Before clicking this, think of a game franchise. Any game franchise.

Action Jack

Jun 30, 2010
Well, I was thinking of Bionic Commando, but... I feel like Capcom's kind of got the whole "Put our coolest characters in fighting games" thing covered.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Goddammit. I picked Dead Space.

Anyway, Visceral Games also made Dante's Inferno, and, umm... *Googles* Some Godfather games, some James Bond games, some Lord of the Rings games, and a Simpson's game.

So, Isaac Clarke versus Dante versus... Homer Simpson, I guess?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Dynasty Warriors! .... *Clicks... Reads... looks at Koei/Koei-Tecmo...* FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- *Brain overloads. Froths at the mouth. Falls over.*

Oh wait, there's Warriors Orochi 3. That helps clear things up.

Well, I guess the top three would have to be Lu Bu, Tadakatsu Honda (Or Keiji Maeda), and Ryu Hayabusa simply because they're the resident badasses.

They'd be fighting Gundams, samurai, chinese officers, Romans, demons, and Monkey D. Luffy, and his crew... and denizens of Hyrule, and the cast of Fist of the North Star. And Dead or Alive fighters.

... and Pokemon!

That doesn't cover everything, still. X(

If you wanted a huge roster, Koei's the way to go. Nevermind adding in Tecmo characters/games. I haven't even kept up with Tecmo, so there's no telling who else could be added.

Heck, Tecmo-Koei could pull it off. Koei seems to have mastered having insanely huge rosters, and lots of movesets. Yeah, good luck wrapping your mind around the vastness of it all. :p

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Star Control was what I thought of... hmmm... published by Accolade.

*Looks at list of Accolade games*

Um... Elvira, Jack Nicklaus, Bill and Ted, Snoopy... yeah Super Smash Accolade doesn't look like it's going to be all that great of a game.

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
I thought of Final Fantasy. I decided to pick Square Enix as the developer, since that's the company that's making the series now. Other games from them are Chrono Trigger and the Kingdom Hearts series, for example. So that's Cloud against Chrono against Sora. I would actually pay money for this game.

MasonF

Mar 5, 2012
I was thinking of Donkey Kong Country by Rare. So, a Rare themed Smash Bros would be all I could ever want in a game. With Donkey, K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and the like. Of course, there's no reason we can't have all of those in Smash Bros as it is.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...I was thinking of Dirty Harry for the NES...

Yeah.

Um... the developer was Gray Matter Inc... they don't have a wikipedia page, and google searches for them tend to lead to a whole bunch of tech companies that weren't around in 1990 (when the game was released)... including Gray Matter Technologies from Breaking Bad.

I suppose if you made a game based on the publisher's (Mindscape) franchises, in addition to Dirty Harry and the random 80s movie street thugs he fights, you could use soldiers from Counter Action [http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/counter-action], the titular character from Prince of Persia (pre-Sands of Time, so the SNES one or... ugh... 3D), ants from Sim Ant, Sim Earth (maybe a planet with arms and legs made out of civilizations? I'm reaching here) and the animals from Sim Life.

So I guess the top 3 characters would be Dirty Harry, the Prince of Persia, and a colony of black ants led by a really badass yellow ant. Maybe the ants could band together to form a giant, moldable ant with boxing gloves.

MaAlGon3

Nov 5, 2011
I thought of Borderlands, given it's colorful cast of characters, it'd be a cool game. Everything else by Gearbox is rubbish, though. The Alien from Colonial Marines? Duke Nukem? Actually, that'd be even cooler...

DocMcCray

Oct 14, 2010
I thought of Devil May Cry. (Just listened to a capcom rant.

The results...well...are MvC3.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Jak & Daxter.
By Naughty Dog.

It would certainly be interesting, but Drake and Joel/Ellie would be kicked the shit out of by Jak/Daxter and Crash.
Can't think of any charact- ... Cortex ... yes.

Other characters from their most popular series/Jak & Daxter/Crash Bandicoot shall be included!

That would be fun.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Etrian Odyssey, so, all of Atlus's games? Fuck yeah! Looks like a mine will have all the persona/smt titles, etrian odyssey, and even Disgaea 1 technically since that was published by Atlus originally IIRC, and a plethora of games that I love. Damn, I hit the jackpot.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
lol, what fun
I thought of GTA.
Would love to see a match between Catlina, Zombie Marston, and Jimmy. Wait, you need at least 4 for a proper match so Trevor.
TheRiddler said:
I thought of GTA, so I guess we've got all the protagonists from the last few games (Niko Bellic, Trevor, Michael, Franklin, etc.). Add to that John Marston from Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Jimmy Hopkins from Bully and Cole Phelps from LA Noire and you could have a solid game... I guess. I mean, I'm not sure what you'd be doing, gameplay-wise, with all of that to work with.
It would be a fun minigame for the GTA world (something else to do with the TV) but yea the powers would have to be pretty contrived. Or not: here comes Tenpenny with an out of control firetruck, and it comes smashing across the screen.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I went for Mass Effect. So...

Garrus Vakarian from Mass Effect
Morrigan from Dragon Age
HK-47 from KOTOR

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I thought of Dead Space (I don't know why), and I really can't think of anything else Visceral made.
To wikipedia!
*some time later*
So... a tag team of Boromir and Isaac Clarke vs Dante's Inferno guy and... James Bond? Would be awesome if I wasn't concerned about the whole movie tie-in game thing.
Remove Dante's Inferno guy and you've got my top three necessary characters.

Auron

Mar 28, 2009
Mass Effect, KOTOR, Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter nights.

That would be a fun game huh, Jedi and future people fighting alongside D&D mages and warriors.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I came in thinking MOTHER.

MOTHER, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby...

I'm... I'm sorry, I'm contributing nothing, I...

I'M SORRY

Ok, I'll try again... The Path, The Ship, The... Tale of Tales, The Forest...

That would make an interesting fighter. a pretentious, boring, annoying fighter. Still and interesting one.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Persona 4 Arena already exists, meaning that an Aksys fighting game based upon my fave franchise exists and that's pretty much ideal right there.