Before We Go - Captain America Directs a Movie

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Before We Go - Captain America Directs a Movie

Before We Go is the directorial debut of Chris "Captain America" Evans. Will he be called the new Ben Affleck, James Franco, or a plagiarist?

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Is that Legend film out in the US yet? About the Krays? It does look worthy, but not only is there already a well established Krays film from the 90s, there is also a straight to DVD release of another Krays film alongside Legend. I have no idea why this is, perhaps it's an anniversery or something, it matters not. Either way, one of those is going to lose out and it most probably will not be the one starring Tom Hardy.
Turbo Kid still isn't out in the UK yet. Or at least in any local cinemas. Le sigh!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Xsjadoblayde said:
Is that Legend film out in the US yet? About the Krays? It does look worthy, but not only is there already a well established Krays film from the 90s, there is also a straight to DVD release of another Krays film alongside Legend. I have no idea why this is, perhaps it's an anniversery or something, it matters not. Either way, one of those is going to lose out and it most probably will not be the one starring Tom Hardy.
Turbo Kid still isn't out in the UK yet. Or at least in any local cinemas. Le sigh!
Legend comes out October 2nd. Turbo Kid is out on VOD, so you might be able to find it there.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Marter said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
Legend comes out October 2nd. Turbo Kid is out on VOD, so you might be able to find it there.
Oh hey I did not know of this VOD method of cinema release viewing, that is a useful nugget of knowledge, thanks!
They are advertising legend far earlier than is necessary here. Makes me cautious instead.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Hm, that's a shame. There's no reason someone I like should become a good director, but I would really like to see Evans make it behind the camera. Passion and sincerity can't make up for lack of talent, sure, but I hope he gets other chances to learn his craft.

zinho73

Feb 3, 2011
I think Lost in Translation is a very bad film with an excellent Bill Murray performance. This film looks like is much less pretentious, a more straightforward thing, might be good for a date.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Lost in Translation was a film I really liked it because when I saw it, I had been an expat living in Japan for about 7 years. Without that experience, I think I couldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did. I'm not sure if that makes the film good, but it was one of those things that resonated with me on such a different level because it was directed at a very unique group that I was in.

I don't know if I would like this film. It looks like the right kind of film for the mood I'm in so I'm inclined to watch it, plus I love movies about New York because I grew up there.

But it's hard to tell, I'm gonna give it a watch and see if I see what you see..