Behold The 10,000 Piece Lego Sandcrawler

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Behold The 10,000 Piece Lego Sandcrawler

Lego nerds, the bar has been raised.

When it comes to building original Star Wars vehicles out of Lego bricks, a large-scale replica of the <a href=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sandcrawler>Jawa Sandcrawler is about as epic as it gets. That said, this monster really takes the cake. Not only is it pretty massive, but it's got a crazy amount of detail and a number of powered parts.

According to YouTube user MarshalBanana83, the Sandcrawler is 96 cm long (actually, 100.5 cm when the main ramp's been lowered). Not only that, but it took over nine months of planning and building to complete with more than 10,000 Lego bricks. The interior features three full floors, a detailed cockpit (accessible via a removable roof), two working cranes, and a lighted smelter.

Unfortunately, MarshalBanana83 doesn't have any other Lego creations on display via his YouTube channel. Hopefully this will change in the future, because it's pretty obvious that the guy's got some serious talent.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
*wipes tear from eye* that is beautiful...

Seriously i hope he creates more stuff...AT-AT anyone? hell even a Super Star Destroyer or Death Star!

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
Wow... I don't know whether I should laugh or just sit here with my mouth hanging open in wonderment. This is. incredible. I don't think that I'd have the patience to do something like this, even if I was so inclined and knew how.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
well hot damn! i do enjoy seeing creations such as this. i love how the internet has given people with this kind of talent the opportunity to show themselves

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
so...
semi truck
replica of the worlds first computer
sandcrawler

f*** yeah folks

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
halo3rulzer said:
Next, 1:1 scale model of the DEATH STAR! With real functioning superlazer!
Well if we are going down that road...A Star Forge that can create endless amounts of Lego Robots =3

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
halo3rulzer said:
Why stop there!? Make a 1:1 scale model of the UNIVERSE!
Seriously, though, this is amazing.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Wow...suddenly everything I've ever made with Lego seems inferior.

Pah. Screw that - I'm perfectly happy with my multicoloured-irregular-dodecahedron-shaped-roofless-base!

Seriously though, very impressive. The things that some people do with Lego is incredible.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
first I was like. Wow, this is cool.

Then it MOVED.

And I was like.

fuck yeah.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
halo3rulzer said:
Thats what he's probably working on right now.

Koios

Jul 28, 2010
It's awesomeness reminds me of some of the awesomeness I saw when that British guy built a life size house out of legos

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
arc1991 said:
*wipes tear from eye* that is beautiful...

Seriously i hope he creates more stuff...AT-AT anyone? hell even a Super Star Destroyer or Death Star!
THe AT-AT already has an officially released model by Lego(that really walks, albeit not very well) and a version of both death stars, a play-type one of the first death star and a collecters display model of the second death star.

However, the Executor hasn't been done yet, and I would LOVE to see a Super Star Destroyer, especially if it was built to scale with the already released Star Destroy model.