Behold the Appropriately Angry Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Box Art

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Yokai said:
dogstile said:
Man, I want a game where you play as orcs.

... or a mod for mount and blade thats warhammer themed. I would LOVE that.
Maybe this has been mentioned already, but...
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133702.0.html
There you go.
I love you so much

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Fucking psyched for this game the 4 player coop will also be the ass of badness.

like the minimalist artwork, seems to be a running theme with relic since dow 2.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
370999 said:
Do you have super eyes or soemthing? I can't read it.

What is with this hate of the Ultras? I don't play as them and Matt Ward does suffer from the "special snowflake" syndrome but really guys? If the front cover of both the current marine dex and the previosu one has an Ultramarine on the front, and all the boxes have ultramarines of the front, you should realsie by now that games workshop has picked the to be the marketing face of the Space Marines. Honestly I don't see why people get so upset about it.
The Ultrasmurfs are easily the blandest and least interesting chapter in the entire fluff. 'tis a silly thing.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
fanklok said:
Ork's evil? Oh contrair Funk they aren't evil they just love fighting... a lot.

And all I see is one very dead marine, that's no terminator armor and there are bound to be another 20 Orks behind the ones he's assaulting.
That is an amazing flowchart. I will most certainly need to keep a copy of that.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Cpt Corallis said:
http://www.spacemarine.com/buy

YOU DON"T HAVE TO PLAY AN ULTRAMARINE!!! OR EVEN A LOYALIST!!!! LOOK AT THE PRE-ORDER BONUSES!
Oh god. I really want the Black Templar skin, but I hate hard copies and really want it on Steam.

Decisions, decisions.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
And Mass Effect 2's Box Art recieved flak for looking like "just some sci-fi shooter".

Oh, it actually hurts.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Still Life said:
Fortesque said:
But at least we dont have to play as freaking Blood Angles or Dark Angles, or no made up chapter from DoW... Im looking at you Blood Ravens.
Hey!

I'd love to play as the Dark Angels! And I thought the Blood Ravens were a great chapter which GW have explored further.
It should have been a bunch of badassed Space Wolves just kicking ass.. No Chapter is like the Wolves of Fenris!

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
dogstile said:
Yokai said:
dogstile said:

Maybe this has been mentioned already, but...
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133702.0.html
There you go.
I love you so much
Always happy to help :D

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
Anyone else see a Tyranid in that or is it just me?
It's a Bloodletter. Tyranids would be awesome though.

I do like this cover art, although the original promotional poster that was all gold and light and war bling and glory was bit better, I think. They should at least change the background to a darker color. The white is far too...sterile for the setting, I think.

Either way, I am completely fucking stoked for this game.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Yokai said:
DTWolfwood said:

I do like this cover art, although the original promotional poster that was all gold and light and war bling and glory was bit better, I think. They should at least change the background to a darker color. The white is far too...sterile for the setting, I think.

:O so Chaos, Orcs and Tyrannid?! sweet :D

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Fronzel said:
DTWolfwood said:
The empire of the Ultramar have been holding the front line against the Orcs forever.
Front lines? Aren't Orks everywhere?

That's something I like about 40K. Unlike most space-empire sci-fi, it doesn't stoop to the terrestrial concept of borders, which don't make sense in space.
from what i gather from reading the Codices, the majority of the Orcs are hold out in a particular part of space that lines the borders of the Imperium and the Ultramar empire.

Yes the Orcs are all over, but the bulk of it is near the ultrasmurfs. (was super into the table top version WH40k a while back and have started to re-read the giant rule book and codices for the stories again. I own a 2000+ point imperial guard army and a 500+ tau :p)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Looks good! Who knows, I might actually get it if I have the time for a nice, simple action romp. I reckon that it won't really stand out much, gameplay-wise, but sometimes you just gotta wreck some Ork heads.

Shame it's the Ultra Marines though, but meh, can't have everything. The red Blood Ravens really would've suited the RAAAAGE better.
Hobo Steve said:
They really need to release a full size wall poster for that but without the shitty logos.

DTWolfwood said:
Yokai said:
DTWolfwood said:

A Bloodletter is a Chaos unit. Sorry my friend, no epic last stands against hordes and hordes of Tyranids. Who knows, maybe in a sequel if it sells good enough.

Mr Smith

Apr 22, 2010
Cpt Corallis said:
http://www.spacemarine.com/buy

YOU DON"T HAVE TO PLAY AN ULTRAMARINE!!! OR EVEN A LOYALIST!!!! LOOK AT THE PRE-ORDER BONUSES!
It seems that only the US gets cool pre-order goodies. Australia gets nothing.

I want my Iron Warriors, damnit!

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
The Diabolical Biz said:
Is someone a fan of Storm of Iron and Soul Hunter?
Ooh, ooh, here!! ^^

Storm of Iron was good, and Soul Hunter was bloody brilliant! Aaron Dembski-Bowden is an awesome writer. I'm currently reading the sequel to Soul Hunter, titled Blood Reaver. Already shaping up to be another fun ride, and I'm only about a fifth in.

OT: Angry smurf is appropriately angry. Not a bad picture.

Still would have wished for a not-so-generic chapter. Or maybe not even a single chapter at all... playing as a Deathwatch kill-team would have been awesome, and a great way to show how different Space Marines can be from one another, depending on their heritage.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
Yokai said:
DTWolfwood said:

Weeelll, I wish.
Daemons, not tyranids. Tyranids would be great, but I don't think they'll show up in this game. Perhaps the sequel?

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Canadish said:
I kinda like it in its own way, but what happened to the awesome group shot one? The one that THQ was plastering around all the advertisements?

This one:

;)

Actually, mentioning that, I'm wondering if this confirms they're shifting away from the whole "4 man band" focus they had going? Are you just one guy now? Is multiplayer still confirmed? RAGGHHHH SPECULATION!

Still, I'm curious about how it will fair as a box art...that Space Marine is posed kind of awkwardly...though I can't help but like it...
Yes, you are part of a squad, though you only control one Marine, and yes, both competitive and cooperative multi-player is included.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
dogstile said:
Worgen said:
dogstile said:

I want a 40k survival horror game with the tyranids as the monsters and the orks as the "good guys" we iz gots to kill da gribblies
Replace ork with imperial guard and you'd have a survival horror.

As it stands, a single orc will see a horde of tyrannids and go "fuck it, WAAAAGGGGHHHHHH", killing all horror :p
For a horror game, make one based around Space Hulk.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
Feh....They pale in comparison to the might of the Eldar!!

...I just wish the Eldar would get there own game...I mean there own good game. >_>