Behold the Official Pac-Man Anniversary Wallet

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Behold the Official Pac-Man Anniversary Wallet

Got 160 bucks, a love of leather and a strange taste for dots? Maybe you should check out these hot new Pac-Man 30th anniversary wallets from Namco Bandai [http://www.namcobandaigames.com/].

That's right, it's been three full decades since the world's most famous dot-munching animated pie chart took its first step toward becoming a legitimate cultural sensation. And what better way for the teenage arcade dogs of 1980 who have become the middle-aged, disillusioned office drones of today to celebrate such a momentous anniversary than with a commemorative wallet straight from the company that brought us the game?

The official Pac-Man 30th Anniversary wallet is available in black, blue and red with an attractive Pac-Man motif lining, and comes embossed with the famous Man on one side, one of his ghostly adversaries on the other and a 30th anniversary logo on the inside. More practically, it also includes four slots for credit cards and a handy change purse.

Of course, all this officialness doesn't come cheap: The Pac-Man wallet will cost ¥14,800, which translates into about $158, but it's a safe bet that die-hard fans will have to fork over a lot more than that, since it's apparently only being released in Japan. 158 bucks so I can tell people my wallet is the one that says "wakka wakka wakka" on it? Cool, yes, but a bit too rich for my blood.

Source: Kotaku [http://ca.kotaku.com/5506191/pac+man-in-leather-in-your-back-pocket]

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Very snazzy, and practical too.
If this weren't £80/100[footnote]Yeah I did a very rough conversion in my head, what ya gonna do?
*Slaps self*
Don't talk like that, you sound like a fool.
Sorry...[/footnote] then I would probably buy this, and use it.
Hell I'd probably buy it for £20, but that's way too pricey.

Godavari

Aug 6, 2009
Huh. I'm honestly unimpressed. I mean, I love Pac-Man and all, but $160 seems a bit too steep a price. Though if it came with sound effects I'd be inclined to buy. It would "wakka" every time it opened, so I could chase people with it. :)

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Godavari said:
Huh. I'm honestly unimpressed. I mean, I love Pac-Man and all, but $160 seems a bit too steep a price. Though if it came with sound effects I'd be inclined to buy. It would "wakka" every time it opened, so I could chase people with it. :)
LOL. I would defintely buy that wallet. This one at 160 is a rip off though.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
If it actually was a well made wallet from good quality leather then ~160$ aint that much. Its just question is the price tag is there due to Pac-Man only or does quality of craft follows.

My own wallet i got 8 years ago was around 100$ and still serves me and hopefully will still be in one piece for few more yearsbut if id be going to Japan over weeks id most likely buy myself one of those, for the geekness.

GDW

Feb 25, 2009
Yeeeeeeah... Pretty fly, amd all, but $158 is far too rich for my blood. Still got my animted "Mario 2" wallet, anyway.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Just a tad bit much for a wallet...cool and all. But, a steep price tag

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Unfortunately, this isn't as cool as the freaking moon commemorating Pac Man that we heard about a little whilw ago.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
So, I can either have my current wallet, which is almost identical save for the Pac-Man, with money in it; or I can have that wallet with nothing in it.

I like the money option better.

It's very nice, if you have too much cash for your current wallet.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Hmm. Been wondering what to spend the £250 I have on the side on. PS3? Naaaah, I'm gettin' me a Pacman wallet :D

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
my wallet costed me like ?10 and served me for the last 6 years. I could buy many videogames for ?100, probably all pc games released last X-mas (lol, i am being sarcastic).

Retodon8

Jun 25, 2008
So what percentage of those ¥14,800 is inside the wallet?
Couldn't they have just sold the wallet empty, and make it cheaper?

Pac-Man is cool and all (he is some kind of Pokémon, right?), but this really is too much.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
Anyone else find it really unimpressive? I mean, the "Official 30th anniversary wallet" just looks like some generic black wallet they picked up from walmart and stamped a Pacman and some dots on the side

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Retodon8 said:
So what percentage of those ¥14,800 is inside the wallet?
Couldn't they have just sold the wallet empty, and make it cheaper?

Pac-Man is cool and all (he is some kind of Pokémon, right?), but this really is too much.
Ahh April 1st Posts you really have to take them with a mountain of salt

OT: nice wallet, bit too steep although would probably shell out $100 if it was really good quality of leather