Behold the Unbeatable Rock Paper Scissors Robot

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
TechTim said:
but can it play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock?
Kudos, I got ninja'd, I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm guess it could if you programmed it accordingly. The hand gestures for "Spock" and "lizard" are distinct from the other three.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Buretsu said:
So, basically, they created a device capable of cheating at Rock, Paper, Scissors.
There's no rules that states that you cannot use perception and reflexes to respond to what your opponent's doing.
So it's not technically cheating.
It's just fast.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Denamic said:
Buretsu said:
So, basically, they created a device capable of cheating at Rock, Paper, Scissors.
There's no rules that states that you cannot use perception and reflexes to respond to what your opponent's doing.
So it's not technically cheating.
It's just fast.
There's no rules for the game at all. It's called the spirit of the game and that spirit is for the players not to know what the opposition is using.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I love the RPS glove, its so bad.

(Youknow this is gonna be the newest toy, for those kids that just hate loosing)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Woodsey said:
Hopefully someone's programmed it to give the finger on, say, the 1000th go.
xD

Hahahah, this news items is just ridiculous. Even if I understand why its been made, the fact that it has is just...well...all around swell.

M0rp43vs said:
This is how it starts.
It's all fun and games until someone pulls out "Gun".
"Nothing beats gun" they all say. Faced with this, the machine will be outraged.
First, it'll punching him, chopping him and poking his eyes out, ending with it strangling the smartass to death.
Then it'll go on a rampage and it's creators will be forced to put it down.
But little do they know, it wasn't completely destroyed and through sheer robotic determination, starts self replicating, it's designs getting more elaborate as time goes on.

And that's how the Robot apocalypse starts.
Now it's late at night and I'm operating on few hours sleep, but what I'm saying is, "stick to bloody rock, paper, scissors and stop over complicating things/ cheating by adding more unnecessary bullshit"
Ahahahaha....oh yes...there is so much fun to be had with this...progress that is funny...nothing can be better.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
Devoneaux said:
Kapol said:
What exactly is the point of this? I mean, it made it sound kinda like it was helping the robots identify us so in the future they can more easily hunt us down and kill us. But on the short term what does this do? Cheat at RPS?
I will just give you what someone said in the youtube comments.

Yes but the main point here is how quickly and reliably it's responding.
If their system translates over to more useful tasks there are some major possibilities.
I'm thinking camera controlled robotic armatures for dangerous environments mostly though.

Wait, is that an intelligent youtube comment?

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Buretsu said:
Dear god. The possibilities.

Seriously, what's supposed to be impressive about it? We already have tech that can recognize movements and we have tech that moves fast. Putting the two together doesn't feel like much in the way of innovation and it's about as useful.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
gigastar said:
Buretsu said:
Except it does it so fast that nobody is the wiser.
unless of course they tell everyone that is a cheatin summbich beforehand