Being the Agony Uncle.

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
lacktheknack said:
People draw to me for this kind of thing. I'm not sure why, but I'm happy with it. People need emotional support, I'm happy to help.

I'm pretty sure I know more "Don't Tell ANYONE This" secrets than anyone else in this whole neighborhood.
Your avatar...jibblie, jibblie, jibblie, jibblie, jibblie

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Yeah I have plenty of experience with this. Being the listener and all that.

Personal stories though. You understand.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ThatRandomGuy42 said:
lacktheknack said:
People draw to me for this kind of thing. I'm not sure why, but I'm happy with it. People need emotional support, I'm happy to help.

I'm pretty sure I know more "Don't Tell ANYONE This" secrets than anyone else in this whole neighborhood.
I'm pretty sure this avatar is the best avatar my inner attention-whore ever made me use. :D

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
lacktheknack said:
ThatRandomGuy42 said:
lacktheknack said:

I'm pretty sure this avatar is the best avatar my inner attention-whore ever made me use. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ki9WlWPt2YI#t=5s

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I thought the title said "angry uncle." I am so disappointed that I cannot share stories about beating my siblings children.

So very disappointed.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I used to fairly often, when I was still in education. Not so much now. I didn't really mind it, I generally enjoy helping people. But I think I am probably a bit too detached now to be able to tolerate people using me as a shoulder to cry on over issues where they have any level of blame for.

TizzytheTormentor said:
Some people may think I went too far in telling her to leave me alone, but I just didn't want to waste my time talking to her if she was just going to disregard my advice.
Not at all. She was completely taking advantage of you. She didn't want advice, she wanted somebody to vent to and make here feel any better, and you stood up to her. As for how harsh your wording was, well I don't know, but I believe you did the right thing standing up for yourself.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Yeah, I seem to be the resident shoulder to cry on in my little group of friends, if someone has a problem, for whatever reason the deem it necessary to talk to me about it, and they expect me to solve all of their problems with a click of my fingers.

It stresses me the hell out, and sometimes it gets to a point where I cant concentrate on my own problems, and occasionally I cant handle it and I break down.

It might be due to my nature of wanting to help people, but I just cant find it in myself to turn them away.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I've been an agony aunt for my siblings, my friends, schoolmates who weren't my friends, and even my mother. Everyone seems to tell me their problems and then never really seem interested when I talk about mine. *sigh*

Hell I've had friends come to me with sex and marriage problems...me...the boyfriendless, never been married, VIRGIN who doesn't like to be touched.

I honestly don't understand, I know I can be friendly, but I generally have a simmering hate for other people and their stupidity, so why they come to me I don't know.

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
Laggyteabag said:
It stresses me the hell out, and sometimes it gets to a point where I cant concentrate on my own problems, and occasionally I cant handle it and I break down.
Kinda know what you mean. When the girl in this question broke down, she began shaking with stress and in turn, that made me begin to shake uncontrollably as well.
Oh, bit of an update, the two are talking again, not sure if they are back together. Part of me wishes they do so they are happy, part of me hopes to whatever holy power possible they don't because I'm going to have to deal with it if they break up.
Again.

ThatRandomGuy42

Aug 21, 2011
Laggyteabag said:
Kinda know what you mean. When the girl in this question broke down, she began shaking with stress and in turn, that made me begin to shake uncontrollably as well.