Believe it or not, Infinity Ward do listen to us.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
I don't understand what the problem is. So they listen into us and check our records on the games, but when you get down to it, don't most games do that? A great example is bungie, as they have Bungie.net, and show your personal info of your matches and achievement's at just a click, and keep record of all you've done in your halo lifetime. If anything, this should be promoted more.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Katana314 said:
I don't see the point of nerfing the knife. I think people just need to acknowledge it shifted from a way of getting a "special" kill (ie, Humiliation) to a legitimate tactic on its own. Fast-movers using melee weapons have some considerable advantage to them now in close-quarters, and fittingly they lose against good shotgun players and anyone at long range. Perhaps a little bit of nerf to remove cheap aspects of it like teleportation, but I don't mind seeing it remain as a strategy (albeit, an unrealistic one)
I think they should do the same thing Killzone did, by having it be a secondary. Normal melee is just hitting someone with the butt of your gun, which takes maybe half the health of a player, while the knife insta-kills, but can't be pulled out as fast.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
No_Remainders said:
A bit like this one...

That was fucking funny, though.
ha! That was brilliant, but only because it didn't happen to me :D (if it happened me I'd rage)

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
No_Remainders said:
A bit like this one...

That was fucking funny, though.
ha! That was brilliant, but only because it didn't happen to me :D (if it happened me I'd rage)
Yeah, I know the guy who got knifed irl, so funny talking to him about it. xD

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
No_Remainders said:
See, while you might think that these are all good ideas, it makes the game horribly imbalanced.

If I'm playing a game of domination and my team are utter shit, I don't want to have the enemies being able to capture it faster.

Or say if I'm playing S&D and I'm the only one who's capable of staying alive on my team, I don't want to be unable to kill the enemy who is planting the bomb.

Seriously flawed logic.
No - it forces the team's hand into responding to threats.

As it stands - the only way to not get death farmed is to have two clans that have every intention of objective hunting.

Objective streaks make no core gameplay change to the already existing killstreak programme - where if one person sits pretty you get annihilated.

These objectives all provoke teamplay.

Also - they are streaks, break them. If you are the sole savior of the team, act accordingly.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Cherry Cola said:
Miracle should do a remix of his Minecraft song and replace the lyrics with "Hey, hey, hey, I'm three-baring all day long"
'Well I boot you up and my stupid connection's running wild
I aim at you but my shots are going six feet to the side
My mic is filled with curses and
My kills they get denied
And I feel bad cos I've been raging all day long'

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Cherry Cola said:
Miracle should do a remix of his Minecraft song and replace the lyrics with "Hey, hey, hey, I'm three-baring all day long"
'Well I boot you up and my stupid connection's running wild
I aim at you but my shots are going six feet to the side
My mic is filled with curses and
My kills they get denied
And I feel bad cos I've been raging all day long'
And this is why you get moneyz for singing

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
This is just another marketing ploy by Activision and it's the oldest one in the books. If Activision really gave a fuck about it's customers then it would've admitted MW2 was shit before it was released. At the same time they wouldn't have treated their customers like shit when they started complaining about the state of the game.

If someone is actually stupid enough to fall for this shit then they have no right to complain when the game turns out to be shit.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
This is just another marketing ploy by Activision and it's the oldest one in the books. If Activision really gave a fuck about it's customers then it would've admitted MW2 was shit before it was released. At the same time they wouldn't have treated their customers like shit when they started complaining about the state of the game.

If someone is actually stupid enough to fall for this shit then they have no right to complain when the game turns out to be shit.
Yes, it's totally a marketing ploy to talk about what you've changed with your game. It's like that one time when Bioware said they'd take away the Mako in ME2 but then kept it around for 90% of the game, or when Ubisoft Montreal said that Assassins Creed 2 was going to be set in Italy but then it was found out that it had been in Israel all along. OH WAIT.

Some of you people really just are overly cynical simply for cynicism's sake. There's critical thinking, and then there's trying to be edgy and going against the mainstream opinion. What next, some of you going to go on announcement trailers of upcoming games and talk about how, since you don't know anything about it, it most definitely will be shit?

Well, have fun with living life like that. If you even can.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Cherry Cola said:
Yes, it's totally a marketing ploy to talk about what you've changed with your game. It's like that one time when Bioware said they'd take away the Mako in ME2 but then kept it around for 90% of the game, or when Ubisoft Montreal said that Assassins Creed 2 was going to be set in Italy but then it was found out that it had been in Israel all along. OH WAIT.

Some of you people really just are overly cynical simply for cynicism's sake. There's critical thinking, and then there's trying to be edgy and going against the mainstream opinion. What next, some of you going to go on announcement trailers of upcoming games and talk about how, since you don't know anything about it, it most definitely will be shit?

How is it not a marketing ploy? They pulled the "we know it sucked" card whilst at the same time pretending to give a shit. I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that a publisher that has constantly proved it doesn't give a crap about its customers will suddenly start caring.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Cherry Cola said:

How is it not a marketing ploy? They pulled the "we know it sucked" card whilst at the same time pretending to give a shit. I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that a publisher that has constantly proved it doesn't give a crap about its customers will suddenly start caring.
What does Activision have to do with anything? This is the strategic developer and former community manager of the video game developers talking. Why wouldn't he give a crap about what people think about the game? Maybe there are some stone-cold bitches out there who only develop games to make money, but I'm willing to guess that the majority of game developers, people who've invested much money and time to get to where they are in life, care a great deal more about making a game people enjoy rather than making a game that only makes money.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Cherry Cola said:
What does Activision have to do with anything?
Because ultimately, Activision is the one that determines what sort of game IW will make and last time I checked publishers give two shits about what the community thinks. Whether or not Bowling will listen is irrelevant. The design process is not tied to him nor is it tied to any IW developer. Promising to remove a couple of perks is not enough to make me forget that they essentially turned a blind eye to the suggestions of thousands of people during the development process of Modern Warfare 2.

Also, this colourful idea that modern companies make games because they "care" and want to create the most perfect experience is extremely childish. Gaming is a business, nothing more. Games are created to generate profit. Why do you think the Call of Duty series is still going? Couple that with the extremely short development process of barely a year and you can't honestly tell me developers are "doing their best".

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
The only thing I would shed a tear for is Stopping Power. Other than that:

I skipped over BLOPS cause I didn't like the setting. Preferred modern day equipment and modern day guns. But there were things I liked, like the Medic bonus XP you could get. Made me a lot more involved. The killstreaks weren't near as fun to use though.

They didn't complement each other the way the ones from MW2 did. I had a scout class with Cold Blooded, Ninja and Scavenger with UAV, C-UAV and Predator. Predator gave away the position of the enemies, even if I didn't get a kill and that's why I liked it so much. Also, the maps were as big as they should be. Some of the BLOPS ones were ridiculously big for an FPS.

I liked playing MW2 cause it rewarded me with things that are fun to use and looked cool. BLOPS broke that. Also, I hope they come up with something better than the killstreaks in the previous links cause it only got a 'meh' from me. Hoping it will be fun to pwn campers again. Give em hell, IW.

By the way, Dinos? Yeah, a guy suggested an asteroid for a 25 killstreak.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Cherry Cola said:
What does Activision have to do with anything?
Because ultimately, Activision is the one that determines what sort of game IW will make and last time I checked publishers give two shits about what the community thinks. Whether or not Bowling will listen is irrelevant. The design process is not tied to him nor is it tied to any IW developer. Promising to remove a couple of perks is not enough to make me forget that they essentially turned a blind eye to the suggestions of thousands of people during the development process of Modern Warfare 2.
Okay, you need to seriously educate yourself in how developing a game works. The publishers do not decide every single detail. Bobby Kotick does not make IW sit down at a table with him so that he can talk about what perks should be in the game and how they should be totally imbalanced so people will get mad. Furthermore, how IW handled community suggestions with MW2 does in no way warrant such scorn for them finally correcting that now. If anything, this shows that they've learned from past mistakes and are willing to improve.
Also, this colourful idea that modern companies make games because they "care" and want to create the most perfect experience is extremely childish. Gaming is a business, nothing more. Games are created to generate profit. Why do you think the Call of Duty series is still going? Couple that with the extremely short development process of barely a year and you can't honestly tell me developers are "doing their best".
So Da Vinci only painted Mona Lisa so that he could pay the bills? Beethoven only created symphonies to get down with the ladies? Millions of people study theater, music, film, and video game development not because it has any value to them but because they want to get cash? Developers care about making good games. Developers are emotionally invested in making a game that people will enjoy. It's childish of you to think that the gaming industry is one big, blank face without care for anything other than personal wealth. The gaming industry is filled with real people, who believe in and love what they do.

If you still don't believe me, then why don't you just go and tell the OP of this thread how you believe that he only plays music because he wants to be famous, how he's struggled all his life to get where he is to day for material worth and nothing else. See if he thinks you're right.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
To be completely honest, I don't give a flying fuck how well I do, I have fun most of the time while playing, and if I can get close enough to you to knife (I never use commando, it's a disgraceful perk), you deserve to be dead.
Not really, often in COD when you both come around a corner you're face to face with people - the knife user will always win. And the knife locks on much quicker and more accurately than the gun auto-aim, sometimes you don't even have to be aiming at them, just click and dead.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Xyphon said:
So they're nerfing the knife...... the only weapon that I actually have fun using? If it's a big nerf, a big chunk of my interest in the multiplayer has been lost.
It'll make far more people happy than upset.

I'm glad it's being nerfed. The knife in COD is waaay overpowered and lets people get the stupidest, cheapest, even accidental kills. It's maddening seeing someone lunge trough your bullets for an auto-lock one hit kill even though the knife didn't even connect with you half the time.

And yes, accidental panic knifing does exist, I did it myself hundreds of times before switching to tactical.
This may be the single determining factor to me even considering MW3. I FUCKING HATE THE KNIFE!