Beloved Musician, Actor David Bowie Passes Away Aged 69

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Sorry to see him go. Sure, I didn't like most of his work, but the works I did like from him (Particularly Station to Station) are incredible. May the man rest in peace.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Man this sucks. I'll admit I'm not super familiar with a lot of his work but I watched Labyrinth like crazy when I was younger. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through"

Godspeed, you gloriously wonderful bastard.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Lemmy's death was hard enough to take, NOW THIS!

You'll always be my Goblin King.

NOW EVERYBODY, DANCE, MAGIC DANCE!

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Great, so he's the first celebrity to passed away on 2016 (or which lesser know celebrity bite the dust before him?).
The actor Lawrence Rory Guy, better known as Angus Scrimm, passed away this weekend. Certainly not a major celebrity, but he's known in horror circles for having played The Tall Man in the Phantasm series. So, yeah, I was pretty bummed coming into this week and now I'm just in shock.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm forty years old, and there has never been a point in my life where David Bowie wasn't out there on the periphery of my world, doing creative stuff. I was never a huge fan of his music, but you can't deny he made his mark in a number of ways, and his output was wide-ranging enough to where almost anyone you could speak to who's listened to Western music probably has at least one Bowie song they remember, if not like. And that's not even getting into Labyrinth.

I feel like the world just got a little less beautifully insane.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Well fuck.

I grew up listening to Bowie and I was super excited about his latest album, and now it's gonna be weird not having him around.

I guess I'll be listening to Bowie all day and having a sad. :(

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
That's... depressing. Guess I'll have to listen to some of his music later... Rest in Peace, sir.

Nov 28, 2007
I was very saddened and surprised to hear about this. I knew he wasn't immortal, but at the same time, I could never picture him dying, if that makes any sense. Well, I'll leave this here, and be surprised I'm the one to do it.

Mar 26, 2008
It's really sad to see him go. I have long admired his ability to remain relevant and timeless throughout the decades and he has provided us with some really inspired music. A really cool guy I wish I could have met.

With him and Lemmy Kilmister passing away there must be a real monster jam being planned in heaven.

Conrad Zimmerman said:
The actor Lawrence Rory Guy, better known as Angus Scrimm, passed away this weekend. Certainly not a major celebrity, but he's known in horror circles for having played The Tall Man in the Phantasm series. So, yeah, I was pretty bummed coming into this week and now I'm just in shock.
Oh I remember him. Fear those spheres man.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Been pretty much in tears all day while listening to all of his albums..
I was pretty much raised on David Bowie from the age of 5 when I was first introduced to him through my dad showing me Cat People..
I was just starting to cope with Lemmy and now..David fucking Bowie..

Just gonna post my favorite song and slink back away now..