Ben Heck Builds a PS3 Laptop

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
His electronic talent appears to outstrip mine in everyway...

He will be dealt with most severely.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
I wonder if it can still have the Yellow light of Death?

This is nothing really new for him as he made 4 different versions of the Xbox 360 laptop

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
First off ... that's legal?

Second ... wow that is freaking SWEET, i'd buy it

virko

Mar 17, 2009
so he can convert a home console into a laptop but he cant get a disc out of its case? hehehe

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
Why the hell did we get the shit house PSPGo if this guy can independently make this in such a short space of time.

Woem

May 28, 2009
This video is now on Youtube's Most Popular list in the Gaming section. Well done :)

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
Missed opportunity. It should have a keyboard.

Also, why does the Uncharted 2 disk boot Resistance?

I call Shenanigans.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
I agree it should have a hardwired keyboard to take advantage of the texting and web surfing capabilities.

I did not see outputs to connect it to your television. With a mod like this, you would get the flexibility to have it pugged into your LCD/Plasma or take it on the road.

Cool for portability, not that you would play it on a plane or a long car ride, but you can definitely take it to your mate's house or move it around so easily. Makes me wonder about the shock impact on the components... not a drop, but regular shaking of the machine while moving it around, even while playing.

Very cool project! I'd buy one of them

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Dark Templar said:
Thats not really that hard to do, he just rearranged the hardware a little and stuffed it into a new case.
You make one then mate if it's so easy to do.
I love this guys work he is very talented and his 360 laptop was equally as good as this

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Quadtrix said:
Meh, I grow bored of seeing consoles converted to laptops. I like to see the more wacky stuff, like that R2-D2 multi-game console. That was awesome.
This sounds cool, could you provide a link?

OP: It looks pretty sweet but how robust is it. I would love one of these for my commute to work.
Uncompetative said:
Exactly.

Why hasn't he done the ultimate all three machines in one case?

Oh, oh, even better. A SNES, N64 and Gamecube in a big 'Gamecube'.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
MrGFunk said:
Quadtrix said:
Meh, I grow bored of seeing consoles converted to laptops. I like to see the more wacky stuff, like that R2-D2 multi-game console. That was awesome.
This sounds cool, could you provide a link?

OP: It looks pretty sweet but how robust is it. I would love one of these for my commute to work.
Uncompetative said:
Exactly.

Why hasn't he done the ultimate all three machines in one case?

Oh, oh, even better. A SNES, N64 and Gamecube in a big 'Gamecube'.
Search the news room. It was an article on it on this site.