Best anime?

Jaygee02

May 21, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
You do know that "what is the best anime?" Isn't an objective question right?

My favs are as follows:
Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C, first and second GIG
Outlaw Star
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note (the first half of the series anyway)
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic
Love Hina
Chobits
Full Metal Panic was awesome!

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Anime Series or Anime Movie?

Series - Paranoia Agent
Movie - Pom Poko

Those are my current favorites, and for some reason I like Pom Poko better than the other perfect films out there...Dunno why.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
mushi-shi - interesting premise, great characters, decent animation, amazing voice acting on both dubs, no interconnected episodes (only about three), can't comment on the ending (still watching myself more than 3/4 done, though) 3.5/5

soul eater - fantastic animation, interesting premise, decent characters, alright english dub (I still prefer the japanese dub), on interpretation of the ending (the one most people think of) is awe inspiringly bad 4/5

Higurashi - great plot, hit and miss animation, awesome characters, english dub is awful (except when the characters are speaking in their creepy voices). alright ending, but you have to watch higurashi kai anyway, so I would hardly call it an ending. 4.5/5

Serial Experiments Lain - slow to start, but then gets awesome, not-so-great animation, passable dub (poor syncing, or maybe that's just who hosted the videos). seen less than half of the episode, so maybe I can't comment, but 3.5/5

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Well... For me it's Either Digimon Tamers, or RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne. I haven't watched many Anime.

Calumon: I like the one with me in it! That other one he said was... scary...

[sup]Calumon! You weren't meant to have been watching that! Oh, don't give me those eyes... Fine, I'll play with you.[/sup]

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Ultimate? No clue. I have absolutely no idea at all. But my favourites include FLCL, Elfen Lied, Haruhi Suzumiya, Perfect Blue, and Paprika. I know that doesn't answer the question but it's what I got.

Umberphoenix

Jun 17, 2009
There are so many styles people like the best won't be possible to decide, but my personal favorites are Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Lucky Star.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
As many said, there is no best anime. Putting aside the whole subjectivity thing, anime covers a wide range of things that can't really be compared, genre differences and all.

That out of the way, my favorite is Haruhi's first season. I'm also obliged to say that Nanoha A's and Baccano are awesome.

Murderlicous

Mar 10, 2010
My personal favorite is Death Note but I also really like Full Metal Alchemist. I've been watching the new series of FMA on Adult Swim and it pretty good.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
I can sort of see the point of those who claim Gurren Lagann as the ultimate - not to say that it's the "best", but it does things bigger and crazier than any other show out there (yes, including Dragon Ball)

My personal favorite anime series is still my first: The Vision of Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)
This show literally changed my life - its opening song in particular got me interested in the Japanese language, which lead to my spending a year studying in Japan and getting a degree in it. Thanks, Yoko Kanno!

Favorite movie: Princess Mononoke (though just about everything by Ghibli is terrific - Mononke just appeals to my aesthetics most.)

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
This is ridiculous! A best anime thread and no one has mentioned Ruruouni Kenshin!!!

Shame!!!!

Also, any Gundam series (Except the weird chibi one, that was just odd.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
Well in my opinion either Baccano! or Cowboy Bebop are the best anime, but like others have said 'there's just so many'.