Best anime?

swansman

Dec 21, 2009
Dragon Ball Z and GT. I grew up with Z and loved GT when it came out. I thought they were way better than that ninja in an orange jumpsuit that everyone seems to love now.

Sajuuk-khar

Oct 31, 2009
Cheveyo said:
I'd put School Days up there. I mean what the fuck was with that?
Elfen Lied and Higurashi are kind of based around violence in some form or another. School Days was supposed to be a harem, but went freaking horrifying at the end.
At the end? The end was the only part I could understand and went HAH.

I was waiting for that the whole series. Damn you MAL with your If you like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, you might like School Days. YEAH RIGHT, it was such a bore.

cernik

Dec 4, 2009
Catkid906 said:
Well... For me it's Either Digimon Tamers, or RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne. I haven't watched many Anime.

Calumon: I like the one with me in it! That other one he said was... scary...

[sup]Calumon! You weren't meant to have been watching that! Oh, don't give me those eyes... Fine, I'll play with you.[/sup]
You sir, are quite the agreeable person

I don't really watch anime nearly as much as I used to, but the two series I stil love are Digimon tamers, and Gurren Lagann, the series finale gets me PUMPED every time I watch it.

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
Haruhi Suzumiya, of course. Followed closely by Clannad and K-On!.

Actually, anything Kyoto Animation makes.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
tops in my book
Neon Genisis: Evangelion.
inspite of being 10 years old it has a compelling story, deep charicters, dramatic moments, and some of the best animation ever. it contains also one of the most heart breaking, disturbing, and memorable sequences in all of anime that i've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b46F7afDQbE

Cowboy Bebop.
Serious adult style anime. guns, booze, hot chicks, and jazz. how can you go wrong? The fight sequences are top notch, voice acting supurb, and it flows with the perfect mix of emotions. being playful, serious, and depressing all at the same time. it is one of the few animes that you can acctually feel for the charicters in it.

gotta love a story with a sad ending.

Princess Monoke.
another top notch anime. animations are flawless and fluid. voice acting is spot on and the story is compelling enough.

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
Smells like a "Recommend me an anime" thread in disguise to me, which I see all too often.

Kris015 said:
Just wondering, which is the ultimate anime out there?
You ask that as if there is a proven fact that there is a best anime out there, rather than asking peoples opinions.

Now if you want an answer, I would say the "Best" anime there is would be Clannad ~After Story~ based on the overall score on My Anime List of 22799 voters.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

There, you have your best anime, I do believe now I can officially do the following:
/Thread

(I have not seen Clannad or ~After Story~ but eventually probably will due to my friend not shutting up about it and I want to see what the hell makes it so "good", my expectations of it are not very high.)

SirAxel

Aug 21, 2009
Well definetly DeathNote.If you haven't watched it ,watch it!1one
And recently I started watching/reading Fairy Tail and so far I'm not disapointed, so yeah check this one out to.Anyway it's all a matter of choice but I think that everybody is gonna like DeathNote when he/she watches it for the first time.

TWEWER

Feb 8, 2009
If you don't say Gurren Lagann, you are lying to this forum and, more importantly, you're lying to yourself.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Serial Experiments is my favorite... the story is very interesting and can really only be completely understood by engaging yourself into the story to understand the questions that are laid down other than explaining a few important objects and facts there is very little exposition which means most everything has to be explained by ur own interpretation. the art style is absolutely astounding giving off small feelings of paranoia like something isn't right especially the amazing use of color, textures, shadows, and lighting to make an extremely appealing and unique style that really complements many of the events that happen throughout the show. of course the use of sound and music is borderline masterful as well other than an opening and closing there is very little music other than in a club and the occasional small atmospheric tune there is no music it is mostly left up to every day sounds like the passing of cars, the humming of a computer or the incomprehensible sound of a far away conversation to set the mood. the philosophical aspects of of the story are very heavily laid on but more or less add to the story by giving explanation for the main villains logic in his motives, and also in a way help explain the events in the story if they are to be taken as fact within the context of the universe created in the show...

Oh yeah and the opening is pretty awesome it's sung completely in English by the British band BOA which honestly reminds me a lot of the Cranberries.

Benicus

Jul 28, 2008
Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are my favs and probably will be for a long time XD

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Kaiba is probably my favourite. Trippy mind-swapping outer-and-inner-space adventure featuring pseudo-alien sex and strange birds.

Plus, colours.

Ramen n' MaltLiquor

Jan 20, 2010
1.Akira (It's also the only manga I've ever read)
2.Paprika
3.Cowboy Bebop (The Movie)
4.Ghost in the Shell (The Movie)
5.Anything with the name Appleseed

Vaer

Jan 24, 2008
There is no best, even if I had to chose my favorite I probably couldn't since there are to many genres or themes and each are good in their own way, although in the end if I really had to it would probably be one of these :

Darker Than Black - Kuro no Keiyakusha (meaning the first season, the second one was not nearly as good )

Mushishi

Samurai Champloo

Hellsing ( OVA included )

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou

Black Lagoon

I know these are a lot but seeing as how I've watched a large number of anime, even sticking to six is hard.

There are a lot of good anime in all the diferent genres and everyone has different tastes so choosing one best anime is more or less impossible.

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
Death Note's good. I've been watching a bit of Evangelion lately, and it's okay. I'm around Episode 5, and it hasn't really picked up yet.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Murderlicous said:
My personal favorite is Death Note but I also really like Full Metal Alchemist. I've been watching the new series of FMA on Adult Swim and it pretty good.
FMA is awesome! I ended up watching an episode at a friends place and went out and bought the whole lot the next day! DBZ is awesome too! The story just gets bigger and bigger!

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
If the topic were to be about Favorite anime, then I could say Paranoia Agent and FLCL
I've only seen bits and pieces of FLCL, but Paranoia Agent is phenomenal.

As for me: Spirited Away for movie.
Cowboy Bebop for series.