Best anime?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The ultimate anime?

I would probably say, Akira since it kick started anime popularity overseas.

Need MOAR APPLES

Feb 5, 2010
Death Note (Just look at my name)

But, I can't be bias towards it. Cowboy Bebop Takes the cake in this one whereas Death Note gets the frosting and Lucky Star gets to smell it all.

bartman675

Jul 16, 2009
Gundam Wing,G-Gundam, and Big O were the best anime series I have watched. Code Geass, black cat, zeta gundam, magical shopping arcade abonobashi, full metal panic and fummoffu were all in the top
and my secret favorite is ah! my goddess

LittleAmii

Mar 10, 2010
Imperator_DK said:
LittleAmii said:
I'll put in my bid for The Ultimate Disturbing Anime with Cry of the Cicada.

Feel free to one up me, I need something new to watch. :)
I'd nominate Elfen Lied for that title. While Higurashi's violence clashes more with its setting, some of the stuff found in Elfen Lied is downright unpleasent, to the point that it actually bogs this otherwise excellent series down (though not enough that it shouldn't be watched by those who can stomach it).

OT: Of the mere five I've seen, it's definitely "Spice and Wolf". Assuming that "Ultimate" is utterly subjective, that is.
Mm, I can definitely see where you're coming from. A cute little girl getting cleanly rended of all her limbs is, without doubt, stomach turning, but done so well by its creators.

I went with Higurashi more because of the psychological aspects, and because I'm more familiar with it. :)

kimba_lion

Mar 12, 2010
Elfin lied
chobits
midori days
evangelion
deathnote
cardcaptors
shakagu no shana
my hime
my hime:my otome

heaps more just search around and you can find trully great stuff

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
It all depends on what you are looking for. For humor, shows like Galaxy Angel, Urusei Yatsura, and Excel Saga have many beat. If you're looking for characters and plot, Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Godfathers, and most Ghibli films are wonderful choices.