Best Boss Battle In A Game

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
God Of War, any they are just fun cinematic and the quick time works great.

Mr.Expendable

Mar 26, 2008
Diablo 2, the end of Act 1. I went against that Queen of Evil with 2 slotted axes, both with Sapphires (those were the ones that did cold damage, right?..) and beat here till she couldn't move!.. I enjoyed that a lot... Complete Ownage...

My second favorite was the last battle in Wing Commander: Prophecies... It ROCKED!!!

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
My favorite has to be
Psycho Mantis On MGS TS
without changing the control over
takes a while but its good when you do it

also the end on mgs3
because its wide open spaces and it involves sniping
and finding his location and that

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Kraid in Metroid Zero Mission, Hard mode, with hardly any upgrades (you're supposed to end up with less than 15% of the upgrades, of which 9 are mandatory to complete the game).
It's the same routine, but near the end it gets really tough to get high enough to shoot those rockets, time a jump badly and it's game over immediatly. Love it.

Well, that's the first thing that popped up in my head. Might change my mind if I remember something else.

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
The-Big-D said:
My favorite has to be
Psycho Mantis On MGS TS

also the end on mgs3
wow can't believe i didn't think of MGS best boss battles ever. It is also good if you suck at sniping you can skip the end but if you do you feel accomplished. I did it all by creeping up behind him though. I held him up and didn't get Armour though :(

Najal

Apr 12, 2008
Ganon in Ocarina of Time. Energy ball tennis (which was vaguely difficult, something you dont often see in boss fights these days) followed by running out of a burning castle, then when you think youve won, you actually have to do the proper fight, against a giant pig!

The last boss of twilight princess was good, in the same way. You couldn't predict when it would be over, and it was challenging. Alot of bosses (especially FPSes) are the same as normal enemies except you have to dodge more often and they have more health.

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
You know what. I can't think of any specific bosses, but my brain is shouting 'Zelda! It's gotta be something from Zelda!', which I agree with! The TLOZ games have had some fantastic boss battles. Really fun and interesting.

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
jezz8me said:
The-Big-D said:
My favorite has to be
Psycho Mantis On MGS TS

also the end on mgs3
wow can't believe i didn't think of MGS best boss battles ever. It is also good if you suck at sniping you can skip the end but if you do you feel accomplished. I did it all by creeping up behind him though. I held him up and didn't get Armour though :(

yeah it is a good boss
i prefer hiding and sniping thou :)
psycho mantis still beats it thou
try it on hard and dont change the control
its a ***** at first but so good after :p

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Hmm. Suddenly remembered... Hitler!

With like, machine guns and stuff.
Wolfenstein 3D ftw, who doesn't want to kill that bumhole?

marfoir(IRL)

Jan 11, 2008
MGS3 the End. I killed him by sneaking up on him and tranquilizing him with the mk22, I got the camo and his rifle, it was so satisfying.

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
This changes frequently for me because there are lots of good ways boss designs are designed.

Right now, FFX's final boss battles are what's on the plate for me, but that is partly due to the back story involved. Adds a bit more poignancy to the fight. Probably why I'd rank MGS boss fights at the same level.

AngryMan

Mar 26, 2008
Man, I don't tend to play the kinds of games that have "boss fights."

I reckon the most recent one I really enjoyed was fighting Angel Agnus, in DMC4. There's probably better out there that I don't know about, though. Fighting Saren at the end of Mass Effect was fun...

JakubK666

Jan 1, 2008
Rayman...not this rabbit bullshit, I'm talking 2 and 3.

Some of the most amusing bosses and fun bosses I've ever faced.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Gannondorf from the Ocarina of time. He was the only boss I've ever felt like I hated and want dead, thats why killing him was so great. Plus the castle escape was pretty stunning at the time.

Finding out that I had to kill him again was a real cockslap though.

:EDIT: the above post is a lie, I wanted to kill the russian bastard in CoD4 but he was hardly a boss.

stubbmann

Jan 25, 2008
This isn't really a "boss" per se, but my favorite endgame is the massive Strider battle at the end of HL2 Ep. 2. If you want a "real" boss, I'd say the guys at the ends of both Condemned games.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I'd have to say the battle before the final battle in Valkyrie Profile 2, it really took advantage of the battlefield and team system, how you had to constantly switch from one target to the other very quickly.

Also, pretty much every battle with Death in the Castlevania series, and each "boss" in Shadow of the Colossus was awesome.

Finally, there were quite a few kickass, vertigo-inducing boss fights in Kingdom Hearts 2.