Best Buy Will Have NES Classic Editions in Stock This Week

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Best Buy Will Have NES Classic Editions in Stock This Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1366/1366279.jpg
If you're still looking for one of the recently discontinued NES Classic Editions, Best Buy will have them in stock this week.

Earlier this month, Nintendo made the perplexing decision to discontinue [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170142-The-NES-Classic-Edition-Mini-has-been-discontinued-Worldwide] the already-scarce NES Classic Edition. The console had been plagued with supply issues, with many stores receiving shipments in the single digits, and scalpers exploiting this by reselling the consoles for exorbitant prices on eBay. However, Best Buy has announced that a final shipment of the consoles will go on sale from this week.

In an add for the store (spotted by Cheap Ass Gamer [https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/362554-best-buy-ad-423-429/]), it was revealed that Best Buy would be holding NES Classics and Nintendo Switches for sale from April 24 and April 28 respectively.

As Nintendo stated that the last shipments of the NES Classic would be sent out this month, this may be your very last chance to get one of these consoles before they disappear from store shelves forever, and go on to exist only in the land of high-priced eBay resales.

Source: Cheap Ass Gamer [https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/362554-best-buy-ad-423-429/].

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
And they'll have a total of 6 consoles. Good luck!

Real talk, I may make a stop at Best Buy to see if they actually have one.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Saltyk said:

Haha 6 mine had one. And I was 2nd person to go for it in store....

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Veldie said:
Saltyk said:

Haha 6 mine had one. And I was 2nd person to go for it in store....
I meant 6 in the entire country.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
The best buy I worked at is one of the biggest in the area. We got 16, sold out before the doors opened, and then turned away customers all day while we watched them go up for $250+ on ebay.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
uncanny474 said:
The best buy I worked at is one of the biggest in the area. We got 16, sold out before the doors opened, and then turned away customers all day while we watched them go up for $250+ on ebay.
Amazon.com. Lowest price is $279.00, new.

Instead of actually being in the hands of people that want them for the price set by Nintendo, loads of them are being scalped on the Internet for more than four times that. What a joke.

Oh well. Despite previously railing against this whole scheme, I did go out and find me a Famicom Classic this past weekend and impulsively bought it, making me something of a hypocrite I suppose. I paid more than I should have, but not nearly four times the original cost. Of course, the controllers are tiny and I'll have to learn to read Hiragana if I want to get anywhere in Final Fantasy III...

EDIT: Which is to say, you can buy them online for like 120 including shipping and get basically all the same games. The only ones I miss are Punch Out and Kid Icarus and for that I get River City Ransom and the disc versions of Legend of Zelda and (I think?) Metroid, with improved sound.

Sure the controllers are tiny and hardwired but you get two of them and it's a small price to pay to be hipster.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Remember, folks. Nintendo is afraid of making money. Do them a favor and don't give them money today!