Best comedy duo still alive today?

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
Can be stand-up, or sketch shows, or anything really. But you can't choose Morecambe and Wise (both dead) or the Two Ronnies (one dead).
For me it's a toss up between Mitchell and Webb and Armstrong and Miller. A&M have the pure genius of the RAF Pilots on their side, but M&W have some really clever sketches such as the one about the secret society who always remain ever-so-slightly drunk.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Damn I was gonna say Mitchell & Webb! Ah well I think I'll go with Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Mitchell and Webb, Armstrong and Miller, Fry and Laurie (they are still alive dammit), and Hamish and Andy.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
The Tortuga Twins. I don't care that there are three (or six) of them, they're twins, it counts.

I seriously love those guys.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Fry and Laurie.
Not standup comedy or anything, but they partner up a lot and do a ton of hilarious sketches.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Supertegwyn said:
Fry and Laurie (they are still alive dammit)
I'd go with that, too. The good thing about them was that they were great doing straight up comedy skits as well as various comedy acting styles (Jeeves & Wooster, Blackadder Goes Forth, the QI pilot! etc.). They're great whether they're together/apart.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Most of the ones I would say were posted in the first few posts (Armstrong & Miller, Mitchell & Webb, Fry & Laurie.

Nobody's posted Cardinal Burns, though. So, I'll go with them, and David Walliams & Matt Lucas.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008

Nothing beats these two guys. And like rock and roll, they'll never die despite they're old age.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie

Also,
do Stephen's pants in that sketch count as a comedy duo? Cause they might just be serious competitor to every other piece of comedy in existence xD

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
I'm gonna throw in another vote for Mitchell and Webb, complete with necessary video.

Although, I'm a bigger fan of Peep Show than that Mitchell and Webb look.

Anyway, the clear winner of the thread is the guy who posted Statler and Waldorf, everyone else (including me) can just go home.

Xifel

Nov 28, 2007
Happy to see my fellow Escapists have good taste. Mitchell and Webb is hilarious.

I love the SS-sketch

EDIT: Damn, the other guy beat me to it

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Best? I would say Mitchell and Webb, but seen as they've already been mentioned, let's give Clarke and Dawe some love.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
Well if we're allowed to say Fry & Laurie (ex-duos), I'm going for Lano & Woodley; Australian duo with some of the best comedy I've ever witnessed.