Best death scene in a video game EVER

Joseph Valdez

Jul 13, 2010
What?s your favorite death scene in a video game and why?

For me I don?t really know BUT gun to my head I would probably say Eli Vance's death?

ps. Not really a death scene but I love the death animation of a Tank in Left 4 dead cause it looks like he just tripped on something

ExplosionProofTaco

Nov 13, 2008
I have a vision.... This thread will be flooded with 'Aeris from FF7' within Minutes.

Let's see if I am gifted with the power of clairvoyance.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Start playing Resident Evil 4.

Beat resident evil 4.

Inbetween those two sentences are my favorite death scenes ever.

(Chainsaw to the head, acid from flying insects to the face, the quick-time-event battle between Krauser, and any of the random plagas that can eat your head off if you so much as get semi-close to them)

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
Saints Row 2 when you kill the mr sunshine sons of samdi guy and he doesnt want to die so the cutscene has you put a whole clip into him then you cut his head off and chuck it into a mincer or something

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
Probably Carmine's death in Gears of War. Wasn't really expecting it. Now everytime I play it with my friends, we always end up bursting out laughing.

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
...Dammnit. You just spoiled HL2EP2, didn't you?

For me, personally it probably has to be:

Noble 6. That was easily the best death scene I've every had the pleasure to play.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
Everytime Maria dies in Silent Hill 2. That ***** dies more than fucking turkeys on Thanksgiving.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Soundtrackwise i would go with Ghost and Roach's death in MW2. Yea yea, i know. BUT REALLY, Hans Zimmer? You cant resist that man.

Scenewise, i'd go with.... Yea lets just go with Protoss last stand in Starcraft 2. Not really a scene but you get the point. Last stand huah?

swenson

Sep 5, 2009
Thanks for the unhidden spoiler in the first post... not everyone's played Episode 2 yet, you know.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
aLivingPheonix said:
...Dammnit. You just spoiled HL2EP2, didn't you?

For me, personally it probably has to be:

Noble 6. That was easily the best death scene I've every had the pleasure to play.
Definitely that Halo Reach one.

And while you mentioned Halo Reach, I like deaths of grunts when you shoot their methane tanks. They spin, shoot off into the sunset, and explode like fireworks. They may not be the best deaths in gaming, but they are the funniest.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
[HEADING=1]OI![/HEADING]
In case it ain't clear, this thread, and thus this post, has spoilers in it.

Starkiller, from The Force Unleashed [footnote]Ah, shaddup; he was already doomed by canon.[/footnote]. If ya gotta go, it doesn't get much better than kicking the shit out of Darth Vader, beating the Emperor's ass in a lightsaber duel, and then strangling him until you both explode. The runner-ups are Gaz (even though he came back), Doug in Chaos Theory ("No, I wouldn't shoot an old friend."), and Emile, from HALO: Reach[footnote]Same with him.[/footnote] ("I'm ready! How 'bout you?!")

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
laststandman said:
My favorite death ever.
Yeah, I myself could get over that man's suicide run.

I wonder if the Necromancers actually figured this would ahppen? so they could take his corpse for their creepy zombie magic?

Also, Sovereign's death in Mass Effect, he's this god-like warship who thinks the sentient life his buddies 'harvest' are a bunch of miserable, silly, squishy mortals. then balm! He gets blown to pieces, ha! Can't wait for Harbinger to meet the same fate, in fact, I bet there will be a part in ME3 where some Reapers will come along, see Shepard, then start running back to Dark Space before Shepard finds some scripted means of killing them with only some difficulty.

stinkypitz

Jan 7, 2008
Not cool with OPs spoiler, that shit ruins lives. Anyways, my favorite death scene is the end of Snake Eater, I mean, its not a creative death, but no other death is that memorable.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Mine has to be from Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

Raziel.

Since he was the Spectral form of the Soul Reaver, and you needed both Spectral and Physical forms of the Soul Reaver to kill the Elder God, he had no choice but to trick Kain into killing him to absorb and gain the power needed to challenge the doomed fate of Nosgoth.