Best Ending Credits in gaming

DrunkenMonkey

Sep 17, 2012
Credits that follow a great game, then when its rolling I can grab a sandwich, watch it, and bask in the games glory thinking, "damn that game was awesome, let me stay a little while longer while the credits do their thing."

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
Rayman 2s end credits is still probably my favorite (part from Portal).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFI7dCH1Ef0

Its the music mainly that does it.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
The parade at the end of Paper Mario is easily my favorite credits sequence. A fun ending for a fantastic game.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
My favorite credit song was in Dragon age 2, which I loved. It fit what happened while I played and it made me cry >_> It also made me listen more to this band.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
I really like the credits to the Darkness (skip to 4.05)

and while not a game, the credits to the Silent Hill movie are pretty cool

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Persona 4 because it gives you a cheerful song to listen to while you cry tears of joy.

Another one of my favorites would have to be Rayman Origins.

You can destroy the letters used to spell names in the credits to make naughty words. It gets boring after a couple of minutes though.

EDIT:
Hawkeye 131 said:
Please don't leave your name at the end of your post. It annoys the piss out of a lot of people here.

Just a heads up.

sammysoso

Jul 6, 2012
It's all about the music for me.

Mass Effect had great credits, the song was perfect.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Personally, I like interactive credit sequences. Failing that, really good music makes it worthwhile. As mentioned already, Portal, Mass Effect, and Metal Gear Solid do that very well. If it's just going to be a boring credit scroll on a black screen, without even little mini easter egg clips or anything, then I really appreciate being able to skip it.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Well, since Portal has already been mentioned:
Gotta love Akira Yamaoka. The mildly disturbing, eyeless picture of James is a great touch as well.

Very honorable mention: MGS3: Snake Eater.
Hearing that song after what you just witnessed was so depressing.

EDIT: Oh, and how could I possibly forget to mention "Take Me Home" from Prey?

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
One that I can remember was Journey's ending. Because it was so short, revisiting all the places literally took you on another journey of emotions, almost tying the game off in a nice little package of greatness.

Also, can someone explain to me why Arkham City's credits are good? Besides the Joker thing, those were the longest, most stale pieces of text I ever watched for 20 minutes in hopes of something. What we got was nice, but if you take the credits as a whole into consideration, they were 10% cool, 90% painful.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Chester Rabbit said:
Mass Effect hands down for me!
That credit sequence is pretty much what truly drove Mass Effect home for me.
It's just the perfect ribbon to tie off a great experience.
Exactly. The song provides such a fitting end to the game.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Portal and the silent hill games, the UFO ending of SH3 in particular.

The worst end credits I've ever seen would be for the original N64 Turok: Dinosaur Hunter. They go on for about 10 minutes, no seriously. You'd think that you were watching a short film about the end credits of other games because seriously I think less people were involved in the Mars rover than claim to work on that game. You need to watch it to get the cheat codes though. Remember when games didn't have trophies, and so you could HAVE crazy cheat codes? Rainbow bighead disco dinos, I miss you so..

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Transformers War For Cybertron would be my favorite:

Runner up suggested by my flat mate would be Futre Cop: LAPD:

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando.

No sheep where harmed in the making of this game, well. . . . there was that one. But he had it coming!