Best/ favorite song &/ or band

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
Thought I'd come back & change this because these are the same but wanted to reword it & just all around change it because it originally failed.

I think System Of A Down is the best band ever (only one song I don't like BOOM!) because they're so crazy & varied that I can go to a different song for a different mood & it's all generally good. Best song though would be burning beard though.

Opinion!

Original post: So when I find a new song I like, I listen to it a hundred million billion times till I hate it. The next time hear it about a year or so later then its just another song on my phone.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
In fact, I'm doing it right now with this song [http://brentalfloss.bandcamp.com/track/ducktales-with-lyrics-moon-theme]. I hate it too, because I know after another day or two it'll get really average, but it's just so good right now...

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
Reworded in the hopes I get more than one post... not that I care about numbers I just like discussions & I thought people like music but apparently not to hot about typing about it.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
Favorite Band- REM, because they're generally awesome and have more songs I love than any other band.
Favorite Song- Jane Says (live)- Jane's Addiction
Favorite Album- Murmur- REM

anANGRYkangaroo

May 15, 2011
Band? Falconer- Spirit of the Hawk [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L86OuTOj7mQ&feature=related]
All time favorite song- Fade to Black
Right now? Korpiklaani- Vodka [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug68UjcnW1E]

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
electric_warrior said:
Favorite Band- REM, because they're generally awesome and have more songs I love than any other band.
OH GOD!
As a kid I listened to "Out of Time" like an infinite number of times all the way up & back on long road trips & all day at home when I didn't have any friends over, the whole 9 yards!

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
anANGRYkangaroo said:
Band? Falconer- Spirit of the Hawk [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L86OuTOj7mQ&feature=related]
All time favorite song- Fade to Black
Right now? Korpiklaani- Vodka [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug68UjcnW1E]
Wow, Falconer is pretty awesome, if I do say so.

At the Moment my favourite band is (stares at avatar) Warpaint.

They are an incredible all female band, and I have a rather unhealthy obsession with them. Especially after I saw them live a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait to see them at Reading again. I heart Emily Kokal so frikken much, and the aussie drummer (Stella) is possibly one of the best female drummers in the music scene at the moment.

I really don't have a favourite song, so I'll leave you guys with a couple of good ones, enjoy.

Fun Fact, The singer dated John Frusciante from the Red Hot Chilli's at one point, and she did the back in vocals on the chorus to Desecration Smile on Stadium Arcadium.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
MrMrAwesom said:
electric_warrior said:
OH GOD!
As a kid I listened to "Out of Time" like an infinite number of times all the way up & back on long road trips & all day at home when I didn't have any friends over, the whole 9 yards!
I've never really listened to Out of Time, but I do like Near Wild Heaven, Shiny Happy People and, of course, Losing My Religion.

Check out Murmur, it's one of those rare album where every song is as good as the last, although the first song is the best on the album (Radio Free Europe)

Glad there's another REM fan here

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
There's certainly no best band ever, however you could make some sub-categories like...
Best songwriter ever: Bob Dylan
Most influential band ever: The Beatles (or maybe Johnny Cash or Springsteen or Elvis... the list goes on, really)
Best punk band: The Clash (fact!)
Best metal band: Pantera (fact!)

Anyway, my favourite band is The Gaslight Anthem, followed by Gallows and Every Time I Die

My favourite songs are:
Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
Wanderlust - Every Time I Die
God Called In Sick Today - AFI

My favourite album is London Calling - The Clash
Albums that changed my life/influenced me hugely are:
The 59' Sound - The Gaslight Anthem
...And Out Come The Wolves - Rancid
Puzzle - Biffy Clyro
Orchestra Of Wolves - Gallows

...Music threads are my favourite threads

John Crowdis

Jul 23, 2011
Two of my favorite bands, and a couple of the best are Tool and Cynic. Fantastic, intricate, and creative bands.

My Favorite song would be Reflection by Tool, because of it's theme.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
BOOM! is a great song, man!

OT: Devin Townsend. The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.
These are some of my favorite songs featuring this brilliant man. I've included some songs which aren't very alike, to show off the difference between his styles from one album to the next.

I know a lot of people probably don't even check out a third of the songs posted in threads like this one, but PLEASE, if you are going to check out even one artist, let it be Devin Townsend. This man does not receive even HALF the attention he deserves.

If you like what you hear, feel free to PM me, and I'll do my very best to recommend you something along the lines of what you want. His array of songs and styles is vast.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I'm not particularly fond of music with lyrics, I like lyric-less music, or music with chanting (using the voice as a musical instrument instead of for coherent lyrics), but I like disturbed and Linken Park's first 2 albums. Oh, and this:

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Right now, I'm totally in love with this song:

It's not my favourite song, as my tastes evolve constantly and I might like something completely different tomorrow. This is just a song that I quite like right now.

Chelsizzle

Jun 29, 2008
Favorite band(s):
Modest Mouse
Reel Big Fish (seeing them next week.. can't wait)

Favorite song(s):
My Way by Frank Sinatra
The Scientist by Coldplay

Favorite album(s):
Pinkerton by Weezer
Pickin' Up The Pieces by Fitz & the Tantrums

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Anything by Bad Religion. Perhaps I bring this group up too much on these forums but they're just so goddamned good. Anyone claiming to be a Punk Rock fan needs to know and love these guys.

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
Favourite band - Radiohead

Favourite song(s)
Karma Police - Radiohead
Odessa - Caribou
Obstacle 1 - Interpol
Education - Modest Mouse
Come As You Are - Nirvana

Favourite album(s)
In Rainbows - Radiohead
Songs for the Deaf - Queens of the Stone Age