Best game nobody ever played

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Every body has one.You know what I mean. That weird little indie game no one has ever played but you.
Ah, but now its time to redeem your self. That thing you had was special, buts its time to unveil it to the world, that title deserves it and you know it...

For me it was Narbacular Drop.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I think most people would say Psychonauts, I know I haven't played it.

Theres quite a few I know I have but really can't remember.. At the moment I can think of Evil Genius? Loved the crap out of that game when it came out, still nothing really like it out there.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I dunno if Die Hard Arcade on the Sega Saturn counts but I loved that as a kid and I have never encountered anyone else that played it, (it was basically a console port of Dynamite Cop)

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Yotsubane's Crimson Clover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_5bzXxqEdk&feature=related

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Everyday the Same Dream, it's a flash game that's eerie and depressing but well put together.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
Aquaria. It's a better metroidvania than Metroid or Castlevania and it was made by two guys and a voice actor.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
baddude1337 said:
At the moment I can think of Evil Genius? Loved the crap out of that game when it came out, still nothing really like it out there.
Evil Genius was great, but it certainly wasn't the only game like it. Have you played the game that it was based on, Dungeon Keeper? Not to mention Startopia, and arguably Theme Hospital. All great games with the same kind of game-play.

For my choice I'll go with Liberal Crime Squad. Most people have heard of Dwarf Fortress, but even of the many fans that game has few seem to play LCS, despite it being made by the same people. I consider it more fun, and it has one of the most unique concepts for a game I have ever encountered.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Well, if we are talking about indie games, then I think Charles Barkly's Shut up and Jam! Gaiden would be mine. That game was as funny as all get out, yet I only know of one other person on these forums who has played it.

If we are just talking about games in general, I would have to say Bully. Darn fine game, but again, too few people have played it. :(

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Halo 3: ODST. Great addition to the series, for me and the 5 other people I've ever heard mention it anywhere.

Or if you want really obscure, 2 really old style games that I really enjoyed. 1213 by good old Yahtzee Croshaw, and Space Funeral which I found somewhere on the internet. Both old school wicked fun!

OldGus

Feb 1, 2011
7 Cities of Gold.

That's one game that is so simple in design, and yet so addictive, that I'm surprised no one has tried to remake it. Or make a space-age version of it. Or something.

Kirbymike

Feb 15, 2010
Metal Gear Online.
Game seems like shit at first, but has many facets of finesse, detail, and brilliance. Quite possibly the most far from today's modern mainstream team-based online shooter game you will ever get. Frustration level is on par with a laggy CoD game, but can be very addictive, and rewarding when mastered. I'm happy to say I still play the game to this day.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on the PS2. Awesome platformer and puzzle gae. I wish PSN had PS2 games on it, I would INSTANTLY rebuy that if I had the chance.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Sid Mieirs Golf, that game was awesome, it randomly showed up in my house like a set up to some bad horror movie, me and my brother instatly became addicted to it, so much so that I had to hide the disc so only I could play it and not him. Then I forgot where I hid it and it remains unfinished.

You don't play Golf, you make golf courses, it was awesome, you get rewarded for creativity and making difficult but playable courses, and you have ot balance like the length of it, so like a short course can have more people play on it a day so you can make more money, but if its not done right they will be unsatisfied/ frustrated and wont come back, its was awesome.

You could also like hold championships there but it meant like having a certain standard and no revenue coming in while the championship was on.

Hmm, I MUST FIND THAT DISC!

mikeli4194

Jan 10, 2010
Clive Barker's Undying. Creepy ass horror-shooter with a very cool setting and a very cool Irish accent belonging to the main character

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
Praetorians. A great little RTS set in Roman time. YOu could play as either Romans, Barbarians or Egyptians (3 more with the add on) on a variety of different maps. The thing that made it so great? The simplicity. there was only 1 resource (population) which was made to build troops. After that it's just pure fighting, and I loved every second of it. I wish I still had it. Had a solid single player and a fantastic Lan and multiplayer.

The Knightly Gamer

Jan 5, 2011
Best of the 3 said:
Praetorians. A great little RTS set in Roman time. YOu could play as either Romans, Barbarians or Egyptians (3 more with the add on) on a variety of different maps. The thing that made it so great? The simplicity. there was only resource (population) which was made to build troops. After that it's just pure fighting, and I loved every second of it. I wish I still had it. Had a solid single player and a fantastic Lan and multiplayer.
I played that game too and it was great. Now back to the Topic. I would have to say Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. I have only met one person who has played the game and that was here on escapist. It was a great game with an real good story and the combat was really cool.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Beyond good and evil is the obvious choice, pure brilliance, yet few of my friends have ever heard off it, fewer still actually played it. On a more obscure note, i would say Lego Rock Raiders, the favourite game of my childhood, although my opinion is drenched in nostalgia.

I would also like to mention Deus Ex, but that raises the problem that while Games like Deus Ex were played when they were released they sadly are ignored by the majority of gamers today, dispite being superior to many modern releases.

OneStepAhead

May 2, 2011
A PS2 game called; Colosseum: Road To Freedom.
Never met anyone who's heard of it, i picked it up on a whim. :/
It's one hell of a game too.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
NOLF 2, it surpassed the original in the execution of the stealth mechanic and the level design and maintained NOLFs high standard of excellence.