Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Machine Head - The Blackening
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Meshuggah - Nothing
Everytime I Die - New Junk Aesthetic
Lamb Of God - Wrath
Sikth - The Trees Are Dead And Dried Out... Wait For Something Wild
Chimaira - The Impossibility Of Reason

I could go on and on. Too many awesome albums, my brain's gonna explode just thinking about it!

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Reign In Blood!

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Follow the Reaper by Children of Bodom. Just because it's one of very few metal albums where I can listen to all the songs.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
FinalHeart95 said:
Math metal
Colors - Between the Buried and Me
YES! This was the album that really got me into metal. Such brilliant musicians. Alaska and The Great Misdirect are also amazing.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Look-a-Hill said:
Willwillwritehiswill said:
This, just this. They are amazingly captivating live and this album tells a great story.
Captivating? Mastodon are one of the most boring bands I've ever seen live. They just played their songs like robots, no energy whatsoever.
I thought they were wicked. I saw them a few months back at the Bristol O2, one of the most crazy-awesome experience I've ever had. I guess it's all down to opinions though.

Well, here are some of my favorites:

Mastodon- Leviathan

A brilliant balance between progressive and traditional heavy metal, truly epic. Unlike Crack The Skye or Blood Mountain I find that I don't have to be in a particular mood to really appreciate it. Plus it has Iron Tusk on it, one of my favorite songs of all time.

Lamb Of God- Sacrament
It's the perfect LoG album. No filler tracks, awesome riffs (like Redneck, Beating On Death's Door), Randy Blythe's outstanding vocals, great guitar playing... I could listen to it all day long.

Metallica- Master Of Puppets
must I explain?

Megadeth- Countdown To Extinction
Well, I'm a bit squiffy over Mustaine & Co., some songs I love fanatically, some songs I find bland. This entire album however, fits the former. Seriously, there's not a track here I don't like, even with his pretty crappy vocals (although it kinda works on Sweating Bullets, it just fits the whole schizo thing), it's really made up for by awesome riffs like Crown Of Worms.

Anthrax- Greater Of Two Evils

Ok, technically this one is a 'best of' so I should put it up, but it's all re-recordings, and it's phenominal. Anthrax have always been my favorite metal band, so picking a favorite album from them was always going to be hard so GoTE gets it. The thing I love about Anthrax is the punkiness, it's how thrash metal should be. It's the kind of metal that doesn't sound too serious but doesn't sound like a joke, even when singing about Judge Dredd.

undyingdh777

Red Lantern
Jun 25, 2008
Fithakk said:
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast
a genuine classic
Love the avatar, DH ftw

OT: I like so many metal albums titling one "best" is hard, but recently I've been listening to a lot of Rock Sugar.

electric discordian

Apr 27, 2008
Oh crikey Lawnwower Deth
Visual Violence Pitiful Reign
Dreamweaver Sabbat
History of a time to come Sabbat
Jonahs Ark Skyclad
Collection Prestige -Carnival in Coal
The first and second Mr Bungle Album
Anything featuring John Zorn (because Im a sax player)

Forests of Equilibrium cathedral An amazing doom album, recorded before absinthe Pfunk and lots of illicit substances altered their sound forever though they have got heavier again on the last 2 albums.

Also pretty much any folk metal at all Im a sucker for fiddles!

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
D-Mic said:
FinalHeart95 said:
Math metal
Colors - Between the Buried and Me
YES! This was the album that really got me into metal. Such brilliant musicians. Alaska and The Great Misdirect are also amazing.
Yeah, Alaska was really good (All Bodies and Selkies are AMAZING), but Colors is my favorite from them. I still have to listen all the way through The Great Misdirect though.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
FinalHeart95 said:
Yeah, Alaska was really good (All Bodies and Selkies are AMAZING), but Colors is my favorite from them. I still have to listen all the way through The Great Misdirect though.
It's worth it. It's a little proggier than Colors, but it's a great follow-up, nonetheless. Disease, Injury, Madness and Swim to the Moon are both genius.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
D-Mic said:
FinalHeart95 said:
It's worth it. It's a little proggier than Colors, but it's a great follow-up, nonetheless. Disease, Injury, Madness and Swim to the Moon are both genius.
Nothing can beat the country breakdown in Ants of the Sky though. =P

Still, I'll give it a listen. Nothing better to do.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Deef said:
A Predator's Portrait - Soilwork
So much better (imo) opinion than their later work. It's the way they were meant to be heard.

Dethalbum II - Dethklok
The album that made me take them seriously as a band, truly some great death metal in there.
A predator's portrait is class. It's lucky I heard it because I would have totally dismissed them fromt their later work. In flames were pretty similar, they haven't had a good album since clayman, but man that early shit is brilliant.
Dethklok I can also heartily approve of, the second season wasn't as good, but the songs were top notch.

My own list;
SikTh: Death of a dead day
Protest the hero: Fortress
Machine head: Through the ashes of empires
In flames: Colony, or perhaps clayman. I'm undecided.
Strapping young lad: City
Lamb of God: Wrath
Opeth: Ghost reveries
Killswith engage: Alive or just breathing

To be honest, putting together a list like this is a little redundant, seeing how often my taste changes, but those are all great.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
The Sound of Perseverance - Death
Youthanasia - Megadeth
Covenant - Morbid Angel
Hordes of Chaos - Kreator
Atheist - Elements
Cynic - Traced In Air
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles
The Great Southern Trendkill - Pantera
My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
Autopsy - Mental funeral
Pestilence - Spheres
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Slayer - Seasons in The Abyss
Sodom - Sodom
Opeth - Still Life
Therion - Vovin

Hazzaslagga

Sep 18, 2009
In flames-Jester race/whoracle
it's melodic death at it's best shame in flames isn't so good anymore.

machine head-the blackening
it's an epic album and the song halo is a f*cking masterpiece.

Amon amarth-Twilight of the thunder god
Viking/melodic death at it's best

David McDade

Apr 11, 2010
Ok for me its
1. Slayer Seasons in the Abyss
2. Pantera Vulgar Display of Power
3. Metallica Master of Puppets
4. Sepultura Chaos A.D.
5. First two Cannibal Corpse Albums
6. Slayer Reign In Blood
7. Pantera Cowboys From Hell
8. Black Sabbath Black Sabbath
9. Iron Maiden Number of the Beast
10. Motley Crue Dr. Feel Good
ok just hear me out on number 10, this is a joke because as most of you know with out this album we would not have Metallicas Black Album, or their years with bob rock which im gunna pretend were just a cruel joke played on the fans by Metallica....HAHAHAHAHAH FUNNY..FUNNY...
Flawed Logic
Flawed Logic is better than no logic