Best Movie Trilogy of All Time

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Indiana Jones and Star Wars are the first that come to my mine

Oh, thanks everyone else for reminding me of Back to the Future

I love Alien, Aliens, The Matrix, and I think The Matrix: Revolutions is good in its own ways. If the third films in each franchise weren't so weak, I would've add them to the list.

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
I've always been a big fan of Back to the Future and Indiana Jones But I'll always have a special place in my heart for the TMNT movies where it was guys in costumes. Hehehe

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100758/

^_^

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
LoTR is my favorite because all of the movies were good, and they are the only movies I preferred to the books. The books were good and all, but Tolkien crammed all of full of crappy songs and poems, and had an almost creepy obsession with describing meals. The books were still good though, but the movies trimmed them down to the good and necessary bits.

Johnnyweird

May 7, 2008
Movie geek, here, coming to ruin your fun! :D

The Three Colors Trilogy, by Krzysztof Kieslowski; The Apu Trilogy; The Godfather.

As for fun stuff, I like Evil Dead. It truly is a glorious celebration of boyish fantasy violence.

Also, The Vengeance Trilogy (Oldboy, etc.)

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
LOTR here.

I've seen almost all the trilogies here, and i'm gonna have to go with the epic.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Original Star Wars, Original Indy J, Back to the Future, Lord of the Round things all tie for best awesome in my book.

Mr_Cynical

Dec 3, 2007
KamikazeSailor said:
The Terminator trilogy and the Evil Dead trilogy are probably the only trilogy series in history where the third movie was just as good as one of the others, or in the case of the Terminator had an ending that was perfect for the series...
HERESY!!!!!!

Terminator 3 was bollocks, and I mean utter bollocks.

For a start, the timeline was all squiffy: T3 was set 10 years after T2, yet there is a 3 year discrepancy in John Connor's age. He was 10 in T2, NOT 13 (trust me on this, watch the film closely, it tells you he's 10...). And there's the whole thing with Sarah Connor having cancer or whatever. The timing just doesn't match up.

Secondly, the message through the first two films is "The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves" (If I've mis-quoted, I apologise). How can they then turn around and say "You know what? It was all a load of tosh, and you're all gonna die anyway!" Bugger that, I like to think I have a hand in my destiny...

Third: You can tell T3 was gonna be shit, because James Cameron had nothing to do with that film. As far as I remember, they didn't even have the right theme music! wtf?

Sorry. I don't know what came over me. They never even made a Terminator 3. Whatever was I thinking?

Finally, back to the original point, Back To The Future Trilogy FTW!!!!

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
Mr_Cynical said:
Finally, back to the original point, Back To The Future Trilogy FTW!!!!
All of that just to tell me you LIKED all three BTTF movies? The third one was absolute garbage... abysmally bad... I don't even watch it anymore I hated it that much... if I ever had a "Night of Movie Trilogies" I could watch the Star Wars trilogies, both of them, the LOTR trilogy, and the Terminator trilogy, even the MATRIX trilogy, but after the 2nd BTTF movie I would walk out of the room...

I understand the problems with the continuity in the third terminator, but I personally LOVED the whole "Crap we can't actually change anything" twist... it fit perfectly with this whole trilogy of trying to change the future and set their own destinies... and then BOOM, tough luck cause you can't...

I loved the other Terminators, but frankly... if I lived in a world that was destined to be taken over by evil robots and someone CHANGED that, I'd be pissed... and it's refreshing for me to think that there is still hope for reality's takeover by evil robots...

Taxi Driver brought up another good trilogy, I did like Ocean's Eleven and Ocean's Thirteen... Ocean's Twelve I could live without...

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Wait, stop the presses, I just remembered:

Night, Dawn and Day of the Living Dead.

I retract any previous comments. This is the trilogy that will still be be watched 100 years from now. If nothing else to freak people out about how violent and primitive the 20th century was.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Is the Godfather trilogy the "moronic" answer? Because that is the trilogy that immediately came to my mind.
It came to my mind as well, except that part 3 kinda sucked, except for the parts where people are getting killed in interesting ways (Joey Zaza).

But Parts 1 and 2 are so great that this is one case where I'd say it's permissiable to cheat and just overlap part 2 into 3 and pretend 3 never happened.

And then, as a trilogy in 2 parts, it becomes the most awesome trilogy ever.

Really, Fuck reality. Self Delusion is a lot more fun and satisfying.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
poleboy said:
Wait, stop the presses, I just remembered:

Night, Dawn and Day of the Living Dead.

I retract any previous comments. This is the trilogy that will still be be watched 100 years from now. If nothing else to freak people out about how violent and primitive the 20th century was.
Particulary when kids in 100 years want to know about the massive zombie attacks during the 1970's.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Mr_Cynical said:
Secondly, the message through the first two films is "The future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves" (If I've mis-quoted, I apologise). How can they then turn around and say "You know what? It was all a load of tosh, and you're all gonna die anyway!" Bugger that, I like to think I have a hand in my destiny...
Except when your dad comes from the post-apocotolyptic future, it kinda implies there has to be an apocolypse, or you'll never be born. Then you get a huge paradox.

Personally, I didn't mind T3. But then again, T2 annoyed me with the Terminator playing a daddy figure. I liked the terminator a lot better when he was an unstoppable killing machine "It won't Show pity! Or Remorse! And it will never stop, until you are dead!"

snuffler

Jun 4, 2008
Rambo (minus the new one, but the new one was an hour and a half kill fest of awesome so it was good too.)

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
Not counting "Land of the Dead" or "Diary of the Dead" because they came out over a decade latter, "Night of the living Dead" through "Day of the Dead" top my list.

PS- Now I feel like a dirty thief because I see that someone already listed this one! It dosen't matter though, I'm in complete agreement with the former poster.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
There really isn't any trilogys all the ones at 3 have cash 4s (The Hobbit, Ep 1, New IJ etc)

I'll take TMNT even though there is a shit 4th.