Best Musical Score in a game...ever!

DrStupid87

Mar 17, 2011
I feel a bit daft saying this, but I loved the OST to Modern Warfare 2. The music in that game always keeps me going back to the singleplayer despite having done it about 8 times. Especially the music for the end sequence (boss fight, not credits).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HChdE0putu4

Cue emotional music at 2:11

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Best stand alone soundtrack (something I can listen so and love) comes between Final Fantasy 4 or 9.

For best soundtrack in a videogame (the soundtrack that improves the game I'm playing but isn't necessarily good to listen to on its own) has to be Silent Hill.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Secret of Mana

I've posted the main theme, an orchestra playing it, Meridian Dance, Dark Star, etc in all the other threads, so I'll go with a minor one this time

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I'm going with Battle for Middle-Earth II. The music isn't the same as the movie soundtracks, but, to me, would slide in seamlessly with the lotr ost.

[edit] I should not be responding to things when half asleep[/edit]

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Some of my favorite original scores;

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
The Assassin's Creed series, the soundtracks are amazing

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I've hardly played any console games, so that might be skewing my judgement, but I'd say The Witcher (both 1 and 2), followed by Mass Effect. Fantastic music, that really fitted the games very well.

Nosense

May 24, 2010
Ice Azure said:
Nosense said:
Ice Azure said:
Touhou music anybody?

^This

All other entries are lackluster. I can listen to nothing but Touhou music and arrangements for the rest of my life and still die happy.
This even more.

Also, dBu makes some really kickass remixes. I don't think I've ever found a single remix from them I've disliked one bit. More than half the songs on my iPod are from this game, or remixes from dBu.

I am personally a huge WAVE/Morrigan fan myself