best OMG monments in games

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
MIRV in Fallout 3... I was like "Hmm, wonder how different this can be from Fatman... It just shoots the missile afteral... HOLY CRAP!".

Entropy_kC

Mar 18, 2009
Some pretty cool moments in games:

- Running from the Antlion Guard (the crazy green one) in Half Life 2: Episode 2.
- All the finales in L4D when you're running like hell to get to the escape vehicle and there's hordes and tanks and special infected chasing you.
- Samus' final smash in Brawl.
- Getting the Redeemer in Unreal Tournament.
- When you go over loads of boost pads and time your own boosts perfectly between then and go insanely fast in F-Zero GX (Sonic Phantom ftw!)

Probably some other ones, but I can't think of any more right now.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I love it when you get a headshot on someone in a multiplayer game when you were totally not expecting it. It's a great feeling.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
As much as I hated the game I would have to go with the destruction of the Chimeran Flying Battleships in R2 caused by the defense perimeter

Vicente de Lisboa

Apr 14, 2009
Leaving the Dwarf starting area in WoW for the first time, discovering just how BIG that one single portion of the map was, and then walking into Ironforge...

Seeing the Mongols arrive in Crusader Kings.

J-Dubb

Apr 22, 2009
No questions asked finding out who Darth Revan is in KOTOR nothing has ever come close to that OMG in games. Second closest was playing Snake for the first time in Smash Bros Brawl

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
- Some of the saves Martin Brodeur makes in NHL 2K5. I've played the game to death and still get awestruck at least six or seven times a season.
- Final battle at the temple in Oblivion. Hot damn on a stick, that was visually impressive.
- Sticking a phalanx of Spartan hoplites behind a gate in Rome: Total War and giving the enemy a real bolshy surprise after they bash the gate down with a ram and think they can assault the place.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Seeing a trapper team in Guild Wars for the first time.

Oh those yellow numbers never cease to amaze me.

Dragonblade146

Dec 6, 2008
Firing the MIRV.
And scoring a Triple Headshot in Halo 3.
This happened in The Pit
Bullet hit the ground, bounced underneath a spike grenade, head shotted a guy jumping off the ramp to the enrgy sword, bounced off the wall, hit the ceiling and somehow bounced back down, hitting at just the right angle to send it into the overshield area, and recoiled twice taking out 2 guys fighting there.
All was with headshots.
I shit myself.

colin_b

Mar 19, 2009
J-Dubb said:
No questions asked finding out who Darth Revan is in KOTOR nothing has ever come close to that OMG in games. Second closest was playing Snake for the first time in Smash Bros Brawl
That, minus the SSBB. Also, the second or third time I was playing Dead Rising, when I saw the clown. I'm afraid of clowns. T_T

SerbianWolf

Oct 26, 2008
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." Great line and moment from Bioshock when the twist is revealed.

The plane crashing right in front of you in Modern Warfare.

About half of the stuff that happens in Indigo Prophecy before the weird endgame.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
The moment of truth, when you become set on your path down either the dark side or the light side.

You must escape from a crashing space ship that is rolling and tumbling, stuf flying around, stormtroopers shooting at you, running on the celing, along an elevator shaft ... it was unlike anything I had ever seen in a video game before, or have since.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
kill 5 people in tf2 with a crocket(crit rocket)

getting 2 headshots at once,in tf2, one on the sniper I was aiming at and the other on the cloacked spy running infront of him.