Best out of context quotes.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Johnny Impact said:
"The pointy end goes into the other man." You should all know where this is from
Damn, that's one of my favorite films, ever.

OT: From Reddit: "My sister punched prince William because I farted."

Proeliator

Aug 22, 2012
"The first time we went down this hole, we took it slow and carefully, one step at a time, cataloging everything, wearing protective gear, helmets, and flash lights with extra batteries. Watching our steps.

Now we're jumping in feet first in a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt, with a zippo half full of fluid."

It wasn't intended to be so innuendo, but that didn't stop me from posting it as a status. Oh God, I hope I can still get a job once I'm out of college...

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
All of the below said by my best friend. Whenever i can quote him out of context, i always instantly post it on Facebook and tag him in it. They're direct translations from danish, so some of them might not make sense in English (or typically be expressed otherwise).

"I'll just throw it in behind!" (of the car)
"When i was 4 years old, i nailed my dad" (in a game of mastermind)
"Put... put... put it inside!!" (plugging a cable into our new DJ equipment. He was actually stuttering the 'put's in a nasty way)
"It usually works once you put it inside" (same as last one, this time a discussion of cables and DJ equipment an alternate day)
"That one... i could suck on that!"

"I'd like to get in further"

"Some days you spray it in. Next day you suck it out."

"You could become my nasty-prentice" (apparently his short for "apprentice in the nasty arts")

"Whoops. It wasn't you i was supposed to be jacking."

And not really taken out of context, but his one-liners are still golden:
"My cardio is so awesome i can suck d*** on myself!"
"You just have to open her."

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
"Try harder. Much harder on the tits." said by my exchange student friend. He meant to give someone advice on removing zits and he mispronounced zits. Fun guy...

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
From the same series:
"Trinitrotoluene doesn't care what mood you're in..."
"So was my education about electromagnetism wrong, or is the world wrong?"
"Once I can ride a sea turtle, that opens up some options."
"Ooh... guess I just started World War 3. It's been a busy day!"

and my personal favourite (because in context, it makes sense!):
"I HAVE TO BLOW EVERYTHING UP! IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO PROVE I'M NOT CRAZY!"

Anyone know what series these are from?

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
"You didn't build that."

funniest thing I've ever seen, basing an entire campaign around a deliberately out of context quote.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Buretsu said:
Arcane Azmadi said:
"We may need you to play twing-twang."

Bonus points if you guess why I used that particular quote.
My first thought was "I am so going to quote that out of context", but then it doesn't make much sense in-context either. Maybe the whole point is to get you to buy the game just to find out what 'twing-twang' is, but I'll be disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be a cutesy euphemism for lesbian cunnilingus. Yes, I went there.
Good man.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
"You don't like Cocks?"
"Oh, I love Cocks."

You BETTER get the reference!
I do indeed get the reference, if the reference is to that one episode of WWE Raw in 2007 I beleive, soon after Triple H returned from a torn quadricep he comes out to tell Vince he hates animals, and leads him into the quote...I know I didn't need to give so many details but I wanted to see how much I could remember,

OT: I once said "I don't want to point out the elephant in the room" and someone thought I was making fun of their weight, that's the only one I can think of right now

Eomega123

Jan 4, 2011
The quote on my steam profile is "Your parents explode, then Sean Connery winks at you and drives away in a firetruck."

It's a summary of the final scene of Time Bandits, which, if you watch it by yourself, is the stupidest movie ever made, but, if you watch it with friends, is the greatest thing ever created by man.

"I'm sorry I said you have a womb like a Lovecraftian monster!" -my friend, apologizing for saying I'd given birth to another friend's antagonistic tendencies.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
"You guys want some of my meat?"

Asked while chewing on a venison stick and presenting a bag of them to friends. They said yes.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
In high school, my government teacher was teaching us about PACs. He draws a triangle connecting 3 groups. Then he draws another one upside down over connecting another set. As a student comes in the room, our teacher, without looking at his drawing, points to his illustration saying "This. This is the cause of our problems today!" He stopped his lecture because of the horrified look on the student's face. Turning to look at the board, the teacher realized the two triangles formed the star of David and the student thought he was in the middle of an anti-Semitic rant.

Xangba

Apr 6, 2005
DVS BSTrD said:
"You don't like Cocks?"
"Oh, I love Cocks."

You BETTER get the reference!
Isn't that supposed to be Cox? Assuming we're both talking about Scrubs here. Miscommunication five?

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Arcane Azmadi said:
"We may need you to play twing-twang."

Bonus points if you guess why I used that particular quote.
Macgyvercas said:
"We may need you to play twing twang."

Yes, I actually did use that ZP line out of context. And it was awesome.
It's no fun if you just use Yahtzee's joke.