Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
This is more of a question

were you ever told...In highschool that this would be the "best time of your life"? if not when were you told the best time of your life would be?

and I mean seriously highschool??? what blatant lies! I imagine unlike most people here I didnt find highschool particually unbearibly horrible but I certainly didnt enjoy it all that much and it was NOT the best time of my life

also I was in boarding school which may have had somthing to do with it (no matter how good it is living in any institution gets to you after a while)

in fact I found it kind of funny one woman who was filling in as one of the staff was like "ohh! I would have loved to be in boarding school! you get to hang out with all your freinds! seriously this is the best time of your life" I wonder if she would have felt the same had she actually been in boarding school for 5 years....probably, I guess it depends on personality

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
All i do in school is get high and chill with friends, it's been pretty good.

Edit: lol just noticed, 1337 posts

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
I was told this, and I agree with you. High School is shit.

I suppose that many things are missed though. People miss their health, their old friends, the good times.

So I can see where both sides of the argument are valid.

Levitas1234 said:
Edit: lol just noticed, 1337 posts
Edit: That's friggen awesome! You should never post anything ever again...

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I was never told that. If anything, I was told college/university would be the best time.

Also, for the record, I like high school just fine. It's better than being at home, anyway.

Being at school, with distractions, is actually fairly good.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
No, but I was told that high school graduation would be the most important day of my life.

I would have laughed at the person who said that, but then I realized that their life must have been pretty sad up until that point if that's what they really believed.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Was I told that? Yes.

Did I believe it? No.

Was it? It better not have been. My HS was a hell hole for me.

College is exponentially better.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
It's the only time in your life when all you have to worry about is yourself. Noone else is really depending on you. So yeah, it's probably the best, most carefree time of your life, lol

Smokepuddle

Aug 17, 2009
Last summer until recent was the best time of my life and i was expelled after a month of school. I hated high school with a passion.

Gladiateher

Mar 14, 2011
I go to a public high school and for me it's always been great. There are stressors but they can all be overcome. I don't know anything about boarding schools but it sounds like you missed alot and i'm sincerely sorry for you. Everyday I see my friends and talk with them, I go to classes which can be challenging but which always reward my efforts. At night I hang out with friends or play video games or both. I get to come home every day and see my family who I love and who help me accomplish all of life's challenges. I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in October and go to bootcamp in September. Every Friday I go workout with the Marines down at the office and they are all genuinely happy to see me. I don't get picked on which probably helps me enjoy school quite a bit, I'm not very big but I have a reputation as a badass just due to my demeanor . I wouldn't say i'm especially popular, but I love my friends, they aren't sports superstars but the teams couldn't win without them. I can't say i genuinely dislike anyone i've met at my school, i'm friends with all kinds of people from jocks and nerds and everywhere in between at all grade levels. I like to flirt with girls but I've never had a girlfriend when I was younger I thought I was in love buy now I know I was just crushing. Life is sweet enjoy what you have. An hour or two per night to center yourself and improve on one thing that you don't like will do wonders. That's what high school was like for me anyway. I'm gonna miss it.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Considering that my college experience has been significantly better then my high school one... I don't believe it.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Ehhh, I hope not.

Not that my high school experience has been bad, just not all together exciting.

I go to a rather small school, so that means only a few close friends (get along with people decently enough), and once you've dated one girl half the school is now off limits (provided they are her friends and not complete whores)

I was kinda looking forward to College. Late nights, lots of adult content stuff.

Then I settle down into the boring old routine.

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
I did not enjoy high school. However, I'm starting to regret my attitude towards it. I treated it like something to just "get over with". I had no extracurricular activities, and no dates for the entire four years. And there were some girls that I had at least a passing interest in. I've changed a lot since starting college, though (it's amazing what a few months of the right kind of lifestyle will do for your self-confidence and general attitude).

Basically, had I been the person I am now back then, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Wolvaroo

Jan 1, 2008
You'll understand when you're out living on your own and working 5 days a week just to pay the bills. Get home after a long day and you've only got a few hours to enjoy before it's off to bed so you can competently preform your job the next day so you don't get fired and end up on the street.

Then just when you've toiled for months and have saved up a small sum to buy yourself something nice or go on a trip, BAM! Life smacks you back somehow.

If you're lucky you'll get a nice "normal" mon-fri 9-5 job and will atleast be able to spend those few hours and days with friends instead of by yourself because you work night shifts and/or weekends.

Some people get luckier than others. But for me and most people I know, school (post-secondary included) were certainly the best of days looking back. We certainly didn't think so at the time either.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
High School was actually pretty awesome. Really sets the pace for life, and made most of my long term friends. But overall, Id say that college was better.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
People who say that are either lying to you, had miserable college and adult lives, or simply remember things more fondly out of pure nostalgia.

I am so much happier in college.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Oh dear god no. I can confidently say that even though I am only in college High School was NOT the best years of my life. It was better than middle school, but college is miles better and I hope that having a job will be better than this.