Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Whoever came up with that line obviously didn't GO. High school nearly ruined my life, I was literally at the verge of disaster when I finally graduated, my family relationship was falling apart, me and my parents hated eachother, I was gaining wait, getting sick, losing friends, I wouldn't have lasted another damn year xD.

And then I got out. Everything got better in about a month. Now Im relaxed and me and my parents be like chill all up in dis ***** xD. I say the best time in your life is right when you move out around 18-24, full grown adult with a job, a car, friends, and your own place, its just like regular life, plus youth :D.

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
Im in high school and am already considering it the best time of my life. I feel way older then I am.. and I Hate it

Wolvaroo

Jan 1, 2008
Mozared said:
I can't even imagine what it would be like if you had the kind of parents that just kick you out of the house at 18.
Out of the house at 16 guy here. Joined the Armed Forces to help pay the bills and for the benefits. Struggled to finish school and keep a roof over my head. No phone or internet for a couple years. Had a food budget of roughly 1.50 a day, so lots of bread and water. After my stint in the reserves the loss of income and less daily exercise lead to me losing nearly 40 pounds and fainting in public from malnutrition. Couldn't even afford the $50 ambulance fee. Shortly after I was made homeless when the city evicted me to demolish the houses in the area and I couldn't find affordable housing. For a couple days I slept in parks and at 24 hour laundromats. Eventually moved in with my sister and got a new job and slowly got back on my feet.

TL;DR If you don't like school do something about it instead of whining. Because it only gets worse for most people.

Cheery Lunatic

Aug 18, 2009
Kindergarten was the best.

They actually give you time in school to nap. Can't get more awesome than that.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Vault101 said:
Buchholz101 said:
Think about this for a second.

Adolescence, the point in life when hormones cause intense mood swings, depression, thoughts of suicide, sexual tension, anger, impatience, insecurity and fear.

If these are the best years of my life, then I might as well just go end it myself, 'cause this life ain't gettin' any better.
personally I think its the worst thing you can say to somone what your really saying is

"so when its over its all down from here...then youll be as depressed as me!! might as well go jump in front of the next bus you see!"
My point is that the phrase itself about High School being great is a load of crap. That ending sentence that you were referencing was meant to be interpreted as sarcasm, not a sincere statement.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Knowing all I know now I want to go back and redo it. And go to a different school. High school sucked.

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
No most people told me high school was going to suck. It did for the most part and now I try to forget it.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I got told high school, i got told college, I don't buy any of it. Life is what you make of it and everyones experience is different. But don't live in the past and keep looking forward thats how I feel about it.

I liked high school though, I was with probably the most unpopular kids in school so we never had to worry about people thinking less of us. Also bulling was replaced with gossip so nothing really affected us often. I also got to figure out I was a nerd in high school and accept it. Better than college but only because of the friends I had.

EdwardOrchard

Jan 12, 2011
Zeithri said:
Though if I could, I would relive it and do things differently.
This. This is why people will say that, "High school is the best time of your life." Nobody, ahem, NOBODY, -actually- had the best time of their lives in high school. However, after its finished, how many people have regrets about the things they did?

When people give you that line, they are not saying, "Yeah, high school was awesome! I had so much fun. I never had as good a time as that!"
What they are really telling you: "I have regrets about my own high school days. I wish that I'd have joined that team, or that club, or asked out that girl/guy. I should have studied more, or studied less. Been more active, or just relaxed. Now that you are in high school, don't make the same mistakes I did or you'll regret them too."

They then proceed to drop the obligatory Sunscreen video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwVVpwBKUp0&feature=related

Grigori361

Apr 6, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c&feature=player_embedded

Best Time ever right here.

dkcecil

Mar 8, 2011
I hated high school...and I mean, I hated it with the rage of the sun. I'm having a great time now the only thing I wish was the same is time. I remember when I was younger and I had so much time. I used to play games for hours and hours, sleep all day, and just generally waste time. Now, I barely have enough time to do anything. I still get in the occasional epic gaming session but that is once in a while when it used to be the norm.

Now, I come home from work, have dinner, talk with my wife and next thing I know it's 11. I play some Xbox for an hour or two and go to sleep. What happened? I can't even remember the last time I was bored because I'm always doing something.

Still, I enjoy being able to buy stuff. When I was younger I was broke all the time.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I've been told that it's College. I've also heard that College can be the worst time of your life.
But high school? NO. NO, NO NO NO NO. I hate every moment of it. But hey, I'm still living with my family, which means I get to stay home all the time and be happy.
There is nothing good about high school.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
Geezus, I hope this aren't the best years of my life, they are pretty dull thus far, and considerring I only have 1 and a fourth year of HS left, I don't see things really turning around to dramatically.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I hated high school. I wasn't bullied, but at the same time I had no friends then because I wasn't human enough.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
college will usually be tougher than high school but besides that you will have much more fun. And of course you can also distance yourself from highschool or who you where in highschool. I know i've been in that process for awhile now.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
College, and chasing my dreams from 18-27 I'd say was my best time.

High school was a pathetic joke... I wouldn't mind having those years back to spend more time in college.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Personally, I hated high school. I remember my principal telling me these were the best days, and I couldn't help but think "this is as good as it gets?" I loved the first two years of college though, I was lucky enough to make the best friends I could imagine while there. For me it's not about focusing on what's the "best" part of your life, but enjoying every bit of life you can and being the kind of influence on this world you can be proud of.