Best Video Game Endings Evar.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Best Video Game Endings. The one I accidentally placed in Off Topic was my mistake. Wow that was stupid. Anyways, tell me some awesome game endings.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
No offense but we've had this same thread done a hundred times...

But I'll say what I always say: Episode 2.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
ProfessorLayton said:
No offense but we've had this same thread done a hundred times...

But I'll say what I always say: Episode 2.
No, I just did a search, there are topics that are close to this one, but they are more focused, like saying Most Disturbing Ending or biggest plot twist. Somewhere along those lines. At least on the first page of the search.

Ymbirtt

May 3, 2009
How long were you expecting this thread to go on without this:

Also, MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT:

I think it's still better than the EP2 ending.

Pink_Pirate

Jul 11, 2009
That said probably one of my favourite endings would be FF9... although it is hard to say if it is the best ending... and ending can, after all, only be as good as the story its concluding, and even then its a matter of personal preference. Do you want an ending that answers all the question, giving you a satisfying conclusion to the story, but eliminating chances of a sequel. Or do you like open ended ending that, while they do not necessarily set up a sequel, they do leave a lot of thing unanswered letting you come to your own conclusions and thus making it a far more personal experience.
For me FF9 represents one of the best, if not the best, conclusive ending in video games, it gives a long epilogue concluding all the personal journeys of the characters, and this work really well become of how likeable all the characters are and how well they are set up and develop throughout the game. The final scene when the main romance is finally concluded is also brilliantly executed and brings me to tears every time.
Unfortunately most open ended games are disappointing since they are normally just blatant setups for a sequel. Off the top of my head i can't think of any...

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
I know not everyone would agree, but I really liked the Red Dead Redemption ending. It's been a while since there was an ending to a game that actually required some analysis.

J4D3N

Jun 6, 2010
TheZapper said:
I know not everyone would agree, but I really liked the Red Dead Redemption ending. It's been a while since there was an ending to a game that actually required some analysis.
I definatley agree with this, it was certainly an ending i was not expecting

Wrists

May 26, 2010
it was certainly an ending i was not expecting
I found they foreshadowed it quite considerably, I think that made it even better because it gave it a sense of inevitability.