Best Video Game Endings Evar.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
TheZapper said:
I know not everyone would agree, but I really liked the Red Dead Redemption ending. It's been a while since there was an ending to a game that actually required some analysis.
Do you mean analysing the entire end section, as opposed to the "final" cutscene?

OT: Mafia - come on people!

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
John Funk said:
WarCraft 3: Frozen Throne. Tell me that wasn't amazing.
Too right. A couple of words comes to my mind when I see that ending.
Death will come.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Seriously, the entire last bit of that game was freaking amazing. From the crazy twist near the end to the tragic story turn to the pivotal climax of the story, and following to the revelation that the entire game, with the narrations, had been the prince telling his story, then the final boss and the bittersweet ending that still gives me chills to this day... wow. That game was incredible.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
xXAsherahXx said:
ProfessorLayton said:
No offense but we've had this same thread done a hundred times...

But I'll say what I always say: Episode 2.
No, I just did a search, there are topics that are close to this one, but they are more focused, like saying Most Disturbing Ending or biggest plot twist. Somewhere along those lines. At least on the first page of the search.
You better look harder next time because this thread is probably one of the most done threads on this site.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
Halo 2. I knew exactly what was going on and everything was wrapped up nicely, number 3 felt so forced as Halo 2 ended the series so brilliantly.

Just kidding.

I felt Morrowind's was pretty cool -
You defeat the bad guy, get tons of riches and everyone adores you. Plus my character was free to take a vacation.

Avelestar

Apr 17, 2010
Mass Effect 1 for me (I have yet to play 2, lack of funds and time :( ). I left it feeling very satisfied at what I'd done and the choices I'd made along the way to get there. But at the same time I knew I still had alot more work to do, and damn if I'm not going to do it the moment exams are over!

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Portal didn't come to mind immediately, but after it being mentioned it does occur to me as a pretty good ending for a game. Moreso because I didn't expect much from Portal and ended up very satisfied.

Mass Effect 1 had a great ending too, even though the last boss fight dragged on. It was a very climatic, cinematic experience, something 2 lacked until the last level IMO.

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne was an amazing ending. At first a awe-inspiring moment, but has more depth the more you think about it. Shame the game left more unsolved mysteries than it solved, but the actually ending itself was great.
Got me thinking too, much later. Perhaps Arthas isn't bound for an evil glory, maybe he's just achieved the power he saught, but is left alone on his throne with no one to follow him because of all the evil he's done to get there. Probably not the way it's intended to be interpretted, and pretty much invalid after WoW's continuance, but I'm happier with my version.

To add one not mentioned yet, I adored the ending to The Darkness. Took me a moment to get the full effect of it, but to me it was a deceptively clever and emotional ending that is just rare in a game.

So yes, take your pick!