Best video game music?

GeneUnit

Feb 26, 2011
The Ace Combat series' music is amazing! http://rpgmusics.com/ace-combat-6/the-liberation-of-gracemeria

Retronana

Nov 27, 2010
I'd argue the Halo franchise has some of the best music by far.
Chrono trigger had an awesome soundtrack as did Super smash brothers brawl.

On second thought Super smash brothers brawl probably has some of the best music in any video game and plenty of it.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
Walking badass with minigun against an entire Russian garrison in Call of Duty: Black Ops. By far my favorite moment in the game, if only because that moment combined with the music makes you feel like God.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
Metroid Prime. Around 95% of all the tracks in that game are jaw-dropping, and 95% of the rest are at least very good.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Bethesda and Bungie always seem to have amazing soundtracks. If you want a different style of music, go for Valve's games. Sublime stuff.

P.S. Can't wait for Skyrim's soundtrack, among other things. So excited...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4, and the music from the Assassin's Creed series, especially the from the second game, it's so good.

God of War 3 has some pretty awesome music too.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Most final fantasy game.. edit most squaresoft/enix games. Umm Red dead, Monkey Island, Legend of zelda, and of COURSE....Dark Wizard. That game had some of the most Triumphant and eeire, haunting music ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9liRfNw5zE

Edit: Just stumbled onto this, if any of you remeber the old roleplaying game "Shining in the Darkness" somebody went ahead and re-mastered the music. A good amount of win if you jump follow some links for a while. Check it out if your interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzvdYPw-geE

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Mass Effect 2 has a great soundtrack
And from what I heard up until now, Deus Ex 3 is going to have a great soundtrack as well, and it really fits the game well. But how can you fail when you have Michael McCann composing the music.
But I have to say, the best soundtrack ever goes to one of my all-time favourite games ever.... Unreal Tournament. It has a great soundtrack, and it really fits the game well. I have always been a sucker for older games music

I believe this deserves a video, well here you go, just an example of the awesomeness you can await when playing that game

and of course, this as well

TheBlitz

Jun 6, 2011
Just about anything from Dynasty Warriors. What can I say, I'm a sucker for speed metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlS7MH_Xs8c

Edit: Anything from 1:00 just gets me every time.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
The music from the Kingdom Hearts series is probably some of my favorite game music, especially the drammatica renditions of it. Mass Effect is a close second there.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Overall? Lets be honest here, almost certainly World of Warcraft. The games probably got around a hundred songs now and you just can't match the kinda budget Blizzard are able to throw into these things. Full orchestral scores directed by professional composers and with a budget that probably topples many full motion pictures! I don't even play WOW anymore and haven't in months, but I'll admit to owning the soundtracks and listening to em every once and awhile regardless.

Still, wasn't actually all that impressed with the Starcraft 2 soundtrack. Go figure.

ANYWAY, Blizzard aside, I've always been really impressed with Relics work with the Dawn of War series. It's just so damned ambient and perfectly fits each race its meant to represent, whether brooding and heavy like the Chaos theme:

Or the more dramatic, mystical soundtrack of Eldar in Dawn of War 2:

Actually... now that I think about it, RTS games in general tend to have amazing soundtrack. Hell, even WOW's soundtrack is built from the music made for the previous Warcraft rts. And then there's Age of Empires, which had some of the most moody and beautiful ambient pieces I've ever heard. Don't believe me? Just listen.

So mellow and relaxing, mmmm...