Best Videogame Quote (NO Bioshock)

Nightvalien

Oct 18, 2010
g3ko said:
well, this one hasn't been mentioned, and call me a nostalgic, buuut:

"Kain:
At last...
I must say I'm disappointed in your progress. I imagined you would be here sooner.
Tell me - did it trouble you to murder your brothers?

Raziel slowly descends the stairway, keeping his eyes locked on Kain.

Raziel:
Did it trouble you when you ordered me into the Abyss?

Kain's only response is ironic laughter. He steps back toward one of the arcane dials and prepares to turn it.

Kain:
Eternity is relentless, Raziel.
When I first stole into this chamber, centuries ago, I did not fathom the true power of knowledge.

Kain throws the switch, and the Chronoplast device responds.

Kain:
To know the future, Raziel - to see its paths and streams tracing out into the infinite...
As a man, I could never have contained such forbidden truths.
But each of us is so much more than we once were. Do you not feel with all your soul how we have become like gods?
And as such, are we not indivisible? As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion...

Kain descends the main staircase, and moves toward the second-tier dials.

Kain:
Our futures are predestined -
Moebius foretold mine aeons ago. We each play out the parts fate has written for us.
Free will is an illusion.

Kain punctuates his statement by throwing the second switch. Raziel glares up at him from the floor of the chamber.

Raziel:
I found the Tomb of Sarafan, Kain.
How could you profane a priest by turning him into a vampire?

Furious, Raziel launches himself at Kain - who easily stops Raziel in mid-air with one hand, and holds him by the throat, at arm's length.

Kain:
How could I not?
One must keep his friends close, Raziel - and his enemies even closer.

Kain effortlessly hurls Raziel to the lower floor of the chamber, and then drops down himself, approaching Raziel's sprawled figure.

Kain:
Who better to serve me than those whose passion transcends all notion of good and evil?

Raziel rises slowly, enraged and humiliated, and wheels on Kain.

Raziel:
The Sarafan were saviors, defending Nosgoth from the corruption that we represent.
My eyes are opened, Kain - I find no nobility in the unlife you rudely forced on my unwilling corpse!

Raziel lunges at Kain. Kain evades the blow, but Raziel attacks again and pins Kain against the wall, his forearm to his throat.
Kain is unfazed by Raziel's attack - he is composed, even slightly amused. He allows Raziel to pin him there momentarily, and continues to taunt him, their faces inches apart.

Kain:
You may have uncovered your past, but you know nothing of it.
You think the Sarafan were noble, altruistic?

Kain breaks Raziel's grip and propels him away with a blast of telekinetic energy. Raziel flies backward and slams into a buttress with bone-shattering force.
Kain laughs and moves toward the final dial.

Kain:
Don't be simple.
Their agenda was the same as ours.

Kain throws the final switch. The arms of the Chronoplast device descend, and the portal flares into life.

Kain: (mockingly)
You nearly had me, Raziel...

Kain vanishes in a flash of light, and reappears on the upper tier, in front of the portal.

Kain:
But this is not where - or how - it ends. Fate promises more twists before this drama unfolds completely.

Kain turns and strides deliberately through the portal. Raziel gets to his feet and races up the stairway. He pauses briefly, then leaps through the portal to pursue Kain.
Raziel finds himself floating in darkness, and hears an unfamiliar voice calling to him out of the ether. As Raziel drifts to the floor and the chamber coalesces, Moebius the Time Streamer steps out of the mist to greet him.

Moebius:
Raziel...
Redeemer and destroyer.
Pawn and messiah.
Welcome, time-spanned soul.
Welcome... to your destiny. "

Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver 2 intro
edit: just learned to embed youtube vids
Damn it i was going to quote that.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
WouldYouKindly said:
Sparrow said:
"Can it wait? I'm in the middle of some calibrations."

Oh come on, like you weren't all thinking it.
As a matter of fact, a dozen people already thought of it. As a matter of fact, the guy who posted right before you thought of it.

OT: "War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other."

Niko Bellic
Hey, who do you think you are - the damn King of game quotes? You act all high and mighty, but... oh.

[sup]You and your devious name. That right there is cheating.[/sup]

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
bluepotatosack said:
burningdragoon said:
mikespoff said:
Bioshock didn't really impress me in the quotes department.

I did like a lot of the dialogue in Dragon Age, though - take this one from Sten, for instance:

"Either you have an enviable life, or a pitiable memory, to know nothing of regret."
Got that backwards. It's "Either you have an enviable memory, or a pitiful life, to know nothing of regret." Good quote though.
That can't be right. I'm pretty sure he had it.
It's pitiable; I said pitiful whoops, but here it is 2ish minutes in.

<youtube=7ht78xBxJVg>

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
"the very rock yawns with anticipation of your next, fascinating move..."

or really anything the Mentor says in dungeon keeper 2

secondcircle

Jul 26, 2009
"Snake. We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing the only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."

Only video game quote I ever bothered to memorise.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
"Communism is the DEFINITON of failure" - Liberty Prime FO3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_60248&v=R_bx_9QYt7k&feature=iv
Watch this and you will be enlightened (Note: not Liberty Prime quotes)

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
necromanzer52 said:
Damnit. I wasn't going to mention bioshock, but now I can't think of anything else.

Edit: Ok I have one:

This is rupture farms...
"56? 56?!? Awww, man, now that's all I can think about!"

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
burningdragoon said:
bluepotatosack said:
burningdragoon said:
mikespoff said:
Bioshock didn't really impress me in the quotes department.

I did like a lot of the dialogue in Dragon Age, though - take this one from Sten, for instance:

"Either you have an enviable life, or a pitiable memory, to know nothing of regret."
Got that backwards. It's "Either you have an enviable memory, or a pitiful life, to know nothing of regret." Good quote though.
That can't be right. I'm pretty sure he had it.
It's pitiable; I said pitiful whoops, but here it is 2ish minutes in.

<youtube=7ht78xBxJVg>
Huh, so it is. My mistake.

I do think it makes much more sense the other way, though.

Kufaz

Sep 29, 2009
Relinquish your weapons!

I'll relinquish one bullet. Where do you want it?
~Renegade Shepard

Rex Fallout

Oct 5, 2010
Why no Bioshock? Not everyone would say... Oh wait.

I'd go with: "in a world filled with misery and uncertainty, it is a great comfort to know that, in the end, there is a light in the darkness." -Joshua Graham

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
"I'm going to make you my *****!" ~Asagi

"You make me want to punch kittens." ~Gig

"I kill more people by 9am then most people do all day!" ~Gig

"What the crispy shit is this?!" ~Gig

"I'm gonna rip off your head and shit down your neck!" ~Gig

"They probably just had to go to the bathroom... all at the same time... and got lost on the way back..." ~Odie

"No, your problem is that you're a retard." ~Gig

"It's like he has a radar to track down tornadoes of crap to jump into." ~Gig

"Are you always this dumb or did you wake up on the wrong side of the stupid this morning?" ~Gig

(Soul Nomad and The World Eaters)

"Exploding sock-puppets!" ~Eidon

"Now this is just silly." ~Tony

(Magination)

TheRookie8

Nov 19, 2009
The Asari Consort: "I offer a gift of words, an affirmation of who you are and who you will become. I see you. Your uniform fits as though you were born wearing it. You are a soldier through and through. Proud, solitary, alone, a wall between you and everyone else, but it protects you, makes you strong. It is that strength that people are drawn to. It is why you lead and others follow without question. You will need that leadership in the battles to come. This may be who you are, but it is not who you will become. It only forms the basis for your future greatness. Remember these words when doubt descends."

This is one of many dialogue outcomes for the original Mass Effect. Tons of good writing. If you want to see a great video that goes with this dialogue, look up "Mass Effect Strive" on youtube. The creator knows how to make a good trailer.