Best voice acting in a video game

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Killzone series- Brian Cox, Malcolm McDowell, Ronnie Cox, Ray Winstone.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow- Patrick Stewart, Robert Carlyle, Jason Isaacs, Natascha McElhone.

Ambient_Malice

Sep 22, 2014
Black Ops 1: (Gary Oldman)

Black Ops 2: (Kamar de los Reyes)

Syndicate 2012: (Brian Cox, Rosario Dawson, Michael Wincott)

Crysis 3: (James Vincent Meredith, David Kennedy, Kosha Engler, Wolf Kahler)

Special mention should go to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and Binary Domain. (Let's face it. There are way too many "awesome underrated voice acting in games" examples.)

mrdeclandeadly

Feb 24, 2015
OpticalJunction said:
the original bioshock has pretty great voice acting.
+1, I thought Atlas was particularly good in that game. Though all the Bioshock games have great voice actors.

It's too hard to pick the best voice acting in a game, there are too many brilliant performances to choose from. Some have already been mentioned. Not surprised at all that The Legacy of Kain series has popped up a few times; the whole cast was fantastic.

I'll always have a soft spot for Max Payne, but not every character in that series was cast perfectly, and going back to the old ones, it really does sound a bit dated. Diana from Hitman is another great one along with Agent 47 himself. Vaas from Far Cry 3. I'll probably remember loads more as soon as I hit post, but it's a tough pick to find a favourite.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011

Yes, Johnny Yong Bosch is in everything. And he doesn't have many different voices that he uses. But this speech? Completely nailed it.

I'm a big fan of the voice acting in BlazBlue. Thought ArcSys would do a similar job with Guilty Gear Xrd, but eh...it's just okay.

Aerith

Feb 25, 2015
I am going to have to go with Batman: Arkham City. From The Joker to Batman to Harley to The Penguin, it was all amazing. Especially The Penguin! Made me fall in love with Nolan North as a voice actor.