Best/Worst Actors and Actresses of the Year

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Megan Fox.

We are talking into consideration two films in particular here.

Transformers 2 and Jennifer's Body.

sauerkraus

Mar 24, 2009
Harry Potter was the worst actor.

Shia Lebouf <? wasn't too bad considering he had a shitty part in a shitty movie with a shitty script.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Best actor is hard for me, I've narrowed it down to a couple:
Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach in Watchmen
Hugo Weaving as Kev in Last Ride
Brad Pitt as Aldo Raine in Inglorious Basterds
Robert Downy Jr as Sherlock Holmes
Sam Rockwell in Moon
Sharlto Copley in District 9

And as for best actress:
Sigourney Weaver in Avatar
Ellen Page in Whip It
Dakota Fanning in Coraline
Zooey Deschanel in 500 days of Summer
Penelope Cruz in Broken Embraces
Emma Stone in Zombieland

As for worst, well again that's hard. I didn't really watch many movies with bad actors or actresses this year. However if I think of something I will let you all know. For now though I shall continue the bashing of Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf even though the latter I kinda liked in Holes.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Best?

[http://media.photobucket.com/image/sharlto copley/damage_control_sweetheart/D977.jpg?o=80]

Worst?

[http://media.photobucket.com/image/megan fox transformers 2/yin-chan_101/transformers/transformers_2_megan_fox.jpg?o=18]

*shudder*

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Worst:
And here is a demonstration of how Kristen Stewart "acts":

Best:
Acting so good in your first movie is just...amazing.

sauerkraus

Mar 24, 2009
zipzod said:
sauerkraus said:
Shia Lebouf <? wasn't too bad considering he had a shitty part in a shitty movie with a shitty script.
True, it's hard sometimes to differentiate bad acting from a bad movie. Transformers 2 was so bad, finding anything good in it is a difficult task.
The reverse works as well. Take, for instance, Jonah Hill. He's in funny movies, sure, and his characters can be amusing. But he's just so inept at delivering his lines. I saw him in Night at the Museum 2(not worth seeing) a few weeks ago, and I swear he must have been reading from a piece of paper. He was no better in his other roles this year. Hill's an eligible candidate for worst actor of 2009.
Yeah, even Johnny Depp couldn't have pulled off a good performance in Transformers.

Gir1yG4m3r

Dec 22, 2009
Krezor said:
best:
bill o`reilly (not sure with the spelling) as Rorshash (not sure with the spelling)
Neil Patrick Harris
Abigail Breslin (everybody in Zombieland was good, but she is amazing and will be one of the best actresses of the coming century)
Zoe Saldana (nothing astonishing but I personally really liked her in Avatar)

Actually Zoe's acting saved some of the movie. I don't know how she did it, but her emotions really effected me. I cried just because of how much feeling seemed to be in her voice.

I also agree about Abigail. Brilliant girl, hehe.

NPH is always awesome.

Gir1yG4m3r

Dec 22, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Worst:
And here is a demonstration of how Kristen Stewart "acts":

Best:
Acting so good in your first movie is just...amazing.
OMG yes I totally forgot about him. Yes, he did a very good job.

Kristen's teeth make me want to go get a nail file and get at them...

Ziltoid

Sep 29, 2009
Jory said:
Keanu Reeves is the worst actor of any year.
QFT, did The Day the Earth Stood still come out this year? Also Kristen Stewart is like a young female version of Keanu Reeves.

Christoph Waltz was my favorite this year by far. I also really liked George Clooney in both Up in the Air, and Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Krezor said:
Wadders said:
Krezor said:
best:
bill o`reilly (not sure with the spelling) as Rorshash (not sure with the spelling)
Neil Patrick Harris
Abigail Breslin (everybody in Zombieland was good, but she is amazing and will be one of the best actresses of the coming century)
Zoe Saldana (nothing astonishing but I personally really liked her in Avatar)
Do you mean Rorschach? Because that was Jackie Earle Haley who played him.
Yeah, you`re right. Mixed up the names cause I was discussing how much I hate Fox at the time I wrote the post.^^
Ahh haha, that's perfectly understandable, Fox do indeed suck ass :D