Best/Worst Final Fantasy minigames?

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
Which do you consider to be the best/worst minigames of the whole series, spin-ofs included?

I'm gonna take a cop-out and say:

Best: Blitzball (FFX)-kickass concept and music and I like the team management system

Worst: Blitzball (FFX)- All the math (0_0)

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Hmmm... I only really played FFVII...
So, best would be Chocobo racing (Probably)
and worst would be... Hmmm... the Moogle minigame machine in Gold Saucer. Pretty pointless.

aww yea

May 3, 2009
Best: That bike minigame from FFVII! thats a classic

Worst: That game to do with coins or something in X-2, i cant remember what its called i just remember it being horrible

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
The best is dressing up as a teddy bear and giving out balloons. It's more a plot device than a minigame, but it's amazing. (FFX-2)

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
FFX

Dodging 200 lightning strikes in a row with no visual clue to how many you have dodged so its both boring and annoying

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
aww yea said:
Best: That bike minigame from FFVII! thats a classic

Worst: That game to do with coins or something in X-2, i cant remember what its called i just remember it being horrible
Spherebreak.

Best: Blitzball (X)

Worst: Blitzball (X-2)

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Out of the ones I can remember off the top of my head, Triple Triad's probably my favorite. It was easy if you avoided picking up the more complicated rules, but if you had those, it got pretty interesting to figure out the best way to win.

I hate Blitzball with a passion, even just the small amount that was required to progress in the game (and most of the rest of FFX, for that matter, but I'm pretty sure the game as a whole doesn't count as a minigame).

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
FF VII - Crazy Cycle for best

Worst: defending Mt. Condor. id reather just skip the sequence and fight the *****

THEMILKMAN

Jun 16, 2009
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Out of the ones I can remember off the top of my head, Triple Triad's probably my favorite. It was easy if you avoided picking up the more complicated rules, but if you had those, it got pretty interesting to figure out the best way to win.

I hate Blitzball with a passion, even just the small amount that was required to progress in the game (and most of the rest of FFX, for that matter, but I'm pretty sure the game as a whole doesn't count as a minigame).
What? You hated FFX? Damn, am I gonna have to slap a ho? JK. Sorry but FFX is my favorite. It had the best characters and story IMO.

Out of curiosity, which FF is your favorite and God help you if you say 7! JK. 7's not bad just EXTREMELY overrated IMO.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Best: IX's card game. (I never played VIII, which I've heard has a much better card game)
Worst: X's Blitzball. (It's just so lame compared to the cutscene version. Also, it's really hard to get good at it. Such a letdown.)

SeanthePsycho

Nov 11, 2009
Best=Chocobo Treasure Hunt from Final Fantasy IX. It was fun, you get some nifty items and treasures as well as upgrading your Chocobo and it can quite literally suck a good hour away from the actual quest. "We gotta go save the Desert Kingdom!" "In a minute, I gotta find the Tresure Map to get Blue Chocobo." And after all your hard work, you get the gem that will allow you to summon one of the greater and more awesome creatures in the game.

Worst=Lightning Bolt dodge in Final Fantasy X. I can understand that this mini-game is used to challenge the gamer to get Lulu's upgrade item for her master weapon, but seriously? I have to dodge 200 bolts in a row without being attacked by monsters. Oh, you can have an item called "No Encounter" but the item requirement is so rare you only meet one enemy in the game that carries it and its super rare drop, not to mention you can't revisit said area.

I also laugh at the fact that doing this would get the best weapon fully upgraded in the game...supposedly. I quite literally broke the Sphere Grid and Customization system by getting the same enemies to drop items I needed for 1 MP cost, Double Magic Cast and Ultima for about three different characters, which could deal out 11,000+ damage per spell.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Final Fantasy XII

Best

Triple Triad - Final Fantasy VIII

Worst

Snowboarding - Final Fantasy VII