Best/worst flavour of crisps?

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
For me the best flavour has to be Worcester Sauce or Steak and onion. Mnnn tastes so good.

Worst is a tie between Cheese and onion and BBQ beef. Disgusting.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I've always had a taste for Salt and Vinegar crisps, for some reason I really like acidic tastes (I also love lemon juice). As for worst, probably prawn cocktail, tastes like the name minus the tail.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Salt and vinegar all the way for me. Can't get enough of the damn things...

Worst is cheese and onion. I just don't get how they even remotely taste like either of those things :/

I'm also not really a fan of any crisp that claims to be meat flavoured, as they just end up tasting synthetic (and, just to prove my point, they're often labelled as suitable for vegetarians!)

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Cheese and Onion is ye olde faithful.

I've never been a fan of Prawn Cocktail or the blue bag of Doritos, Cool flavour or something?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Pickled Onion's the worst, probably; that stuff is nasty. That or Tomato Ketchup. The very best is likely either Worcester Sauce or Roast Chicken. Ready Salted does not qualify. Pretty much all flavours of Lays brand crisps are foul.

...Yep, it's probably Worcester Sauce - there's no odd flavour quite like it. Prawn Cocktail comes close, but falls valiantly short for its efforts.

Dec 14, 2009
Colour Scientist said:
Cheese and Onion is ye olde faithful.

I've never been a fan of Prawn Cocktail or the blue bag of Doritos, Cool flavour or something?

Hnnnnng...

The Irish make better things with potatoes than the English.

This revelation both shocks and intrigues me.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
The flavors might be slightly different in the US but I'm a fan of garden salsa, BBQ, and sour cream & onion. The best mainstream brand on this side of the Atlantic is called "Sun Chips."

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Heres some of my favourites

I cant think off the top of my head a flavour that I dont like though

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Best is whatever's the spiciest. The worst is salt and vinegar. I can't understand who decided that salt and vinegar crisps should be a thing.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Barbas said:
Pickled Onion's the worst, probably; that stuff is nasty. That or Tomato Ketchup. The very best is likely either Worcester Sauce or Roast Chicken. Ready Salted does not qualify. Pretty much all flavours of Lays brand crisps are foul.

...Yep, it's probably Worcester Sauce - there's no odd flavour quite like it. Prawn Cocktail comes close, but falls valiantly short for its efforts.

Wut, they've been back for a while now where've you been?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
The Irish make better things with potatoes than the English.
You made us work with nothing else, what did you expect would happen?

OT: Hmm, this is a tough one. Though I only get the kettle chips now and even then only occasionally (bloody determination to eat healthier), the ones with "Mature Cheddar and Red Onion" written as the flavour. It's fucking Cheese and Onion alright!?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Of the more common flavours, All Dressed are good in small amounts but I tend to just go with the old standby of BBQ if I'm buying a whole bag. The Loblaws grocery chain where I live do tend to carry some more unique flavours in their own store brand though, and I absolutely love their General Tao Chicken flavour. That would easily be my favourite overall but I haven't even seen it for some time so I'm not sure it's made anymore.

As for worst, I have to say Sour Cream and Onion. There's just something not right about that flavour. If we're extending it beyond your normal chips/crisps I have to go with pretty much any variety of Doritos. Not only do they taste nasty but I find myself almost unable to breathe if someone opens a bag in the same room as me due to how they smell.

dyre said:
The flavors might be slightly different in the US but I'm a fan of garden salsa, BBQ, and sour cream & onion. The best mainstream brand on this side of the Atlantic is called "Sun Chips."
As good as Sun Chips are, I don't think I'd classify them as being quite the same as your standard potato chip/crisp. Though when speaking of Sun Chips there really is only one flavour, that being Cheddar.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
These are among my favourites:

A world without prawn cocktail skips is a world I don't want to live in. I also love these:

I think of these as superior to Cheeto's. They are definitely cheesier and are rather moreish.

My most hated flavour of crisps is usually any type of ready salted crisp/chip because I just find them boring.

fhmy

Aug 2, 2010
I've always been fond of salt and vinegar. It has this wierd masochistic appeal to it when you've been eating for a while. As for worst, I'd say any of the crazy as all fuck flavours they have in China. I had something like lemonade flavoured crisps once. Not the greatest.

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
I have to say I want Worcester Sauce but salt or salt and vinegar are generally the best. Worst, I had Mountain Dew flavored ones, horrible. Lay's has a "Do us a flavor" with horrific ideas like banana nut ice cream and meat loaf saying any thing would be yummy as a chip, I beg to fucking differ. Ice cream is never a valid chip flavor.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Another vote for salt and vinegar being the best!

Worst flavours are normally the limited edition weird ones like Walkers English breakfast flavour, yuk.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
As far as chips go I love sour cream and onion but I'm also open to BBQ, original, even salt and vinegar and normally I hate vinegar.

Also twisted chips are amazing, does Britain have them?