Best/worst flavour of crisps?

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
I'm a boring person who loves Ready Salted over all else. Seriously, there's nothing like some decent [http://www.ecogreenstore.co.uk/images/lightlysalted.jpg] handmade crisps with a bit of salt on 'em. >.>

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
The best is a tie for me between Steak and Onion and Three Cheese Jalapeno.

As for the worst I just can't stand anything Sour Cream and Onion

Rellik San

Feb 3, 2011
Best: Pickled Onion Monster Munch, anyone who says otherwise is a filthy god damned liar and should burned at the stake.

As for worst: Anything that's meant to be sea food related. Seriously, prawn crisps don't taste like prawn.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Sean Hollyman said:
For me the best flavour has to be Worcester Sauce or Steak and onion. Mnnn tastes so good.

Worst is a tie between Cheese and onion and BBQ beef. Disgusting.
Best I've had so far are Sour Cream and Cheddar, ruffled preferably. Second best is a kettle-cooked jalapeno variety.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
1. Sea salt and fresh black pepper
2. Calbee's Heatwave
3. Regular

n-2. Sour cream and onion.
n-1. Sea salt and vinegar
n. Ketchup.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Best has to be a tie between sour cream & onion (I think?) from ikea and chicken & thyme from lays. Yeah, I sh*t ye not: one of my current favourite crisps is a (supposed) Swedish specialty only available at a furniture store, three towns over. The other one, chicken & thyme, was a limited supply experiment by lays and was only available in my country for a few months.

Did I mention I'm a bit of a crisps hipster?

Worst one? Ehhh there's been plenty of misfires but I tend not to bother remembering their names, for obvious reasons. Probably one of those carrot based ones.

Honorable mention to oxfam's banana crisps for being surprisingly not awful.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Sean Hollyman said:
For me the best flavour has to be Worcester Sauce or Steak and onion. Mnnn tastes so good.

Worst is a tie between Cheese and onion and BBQ beef. Disgusting.
...crisps are Potato chips, right? I'm partial to BBQ flavored chips, myself, but a lot of people I know don't like them either.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
For me my favourite is salt and vinegar. Yum

The worst is one of those random and "creative" ones, where crisp brands once in awhile decide to reease something like mustard and grilled leek flavour, or something like that. They usually taste nasty for me.

Out of the normal flavours, dill pickle is my least favourite, I like real dill pickles, but the crisp flavour is always nasty. Bleh

mjharper

Can
Apr 28, 2013
My default if Sour Cream and Onion Pringles.

But I'm also rather partial to Wasabi flavoured crisps.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
The worst flavour of crisps I've had was the 'All-Day Breakfast' flavour Walkers did during that create a flavour competition a few years ago, with onion bhaji in a close second for being cheese & onion without the cheese.

My favourite is probably paprika or roast beef and horseradish. Something a bit spicy but not over the top.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Terratina. said:
I'm a boring person who loves Ready Salted over all else. Seriously, there's nothing like some decent [http://www.ecogreenstore.co.uk/images/lightlysalted.jpg] handmade crisps with a bit of salt on 'em. >.>
Ready Salted crisps are delicious, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :D

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
You know what kind of chip needs to be a thing but sounds and likely would be horrible as just about any company would make the flavor far to strong? Sardines or anchovies, yep the thing everyone thinks they hate but likely don't I add sardines to many sauces, roast vegetables, every salad I have ever made and most importantly to this thread Mashed potatoes because they are fucking amazing for all the reasons Worcester sauce is actually they may be a component of Worcester sauce now that I think about it.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
Colour Scientist said:
Ready Salted crisps are delicious, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :D
I'm... not alone? *sniff*

Thank you.

And there has been too many time I've mistaken the red of Ready Salted for the pink of Prawn Cocktail during midnight feasts in the dark. One taste and I throw the bloody packet out. xD

I'm so wasteful.

Henkie36

Aug 25, 2010
I've always liked the non-flavored crisps. The most disgusting ones I've ever had, by a country mile, is ham and tomato ketchup. I swear to God that is true. Ham and ketchup. They were handing it out as a free taste sample, my mother and I both tested it adn found it equally horrible, so we made a dash for the nearest ice cream parlor just to get rid of the taste. The lady handing them out wasn't very happy. This was twelve years ago, and they still stand very firmly among my worst foods I have ever tasted.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
There is a disturbing lack of adequate love for ketchup flavoured potato chips in this thread.

Picking myself up some on the way home from work today.

Stores also have two newish ones I haven't tried yet - a baked potato one (cheese, onion, bacon and sour cream flavour) which frightens and excites me a bit, also a bacon and sour cream one.

Need to try them eventually.

I think there was also a maple syrup one around for a bit which I didn't around to trying.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I'm one of those mutants who doesn't like potato chips.
Give me pretzels instead.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
What are crisps?
*Reads*
Oh, you mean chips!
If you're talking about chips, just say chips.
Sour Cream & Onion, cheese, and honey BBQ are among my favorites.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
X-13, it was some Doritos test batch. Tasted like McDonalds Cheeseburger.