Best Worst Movie Title Ever: Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Best Worst Movie Title Ever: Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick

Did you hear about the movie called Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick? Seriously, that's its name, and it's being cast as we speak.

Over in Hollywood, there's a new movie in development called Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick, which is possibly the best name to grace a film since Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!. No, really, that's what it's going to be called, based on a casting call that's recently surfaced on the Web.

The movie is being directed by Hollywood newcomer Tina Pavlides. Here's the casting notice for Annalise, the film's main character:

Female, 21-25 years old, open ethnicity. She is a member of the Steampunk Samurai Biker Chicks, and tough as nails. A natural beauty, but not a girly-girl, she is involved with with Mott, but not afraid to use her sex appeal to get what she needs from Cal and Jondo. She can take a punch as well as give it, and is not to be trusted, no matter what. Please note any fight, sword, or motorcycle experience.

According to io9, Annalise's boyfriend Mott is a pirate who steals fuel, which is in short supply in the film's post-apocalyptic Los Angeles setting. Mott finds himself drowning in gambling debt, so Annalise arranges an unspecified heist to help him out.

The movie is apparently going to start filming next month, so there isn't any art to accompany its revelation. The image seen here has nothing to actually do with the movie; it just felt appropriate to put into an article about a woman who uses sharp objects in a steampunk setting. Steampunk Samurai Biker Chick sounds utterly ridiculous, but it also sounds like it could be a great candidate for Bad Movie Night when it eventually comes out.

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/5693594/someones-making-a-movie-called-steampunk-samurai-biker-chick-were-in>io9

Image source

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Here's hoping for a steampunk katana which has a pistol in the hilt or something. Which talks. And turns into her motorcycle.

This film could be god awful, or it might be a masterpiece of hilarity depending on how it's written. Both will end up being pretty funny for me either way, so I can safely say that I'm looking forward to it.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Amnestic said:
Here's hoping for a steampunk katana which has a pistol in the hilt or something. Which talks. And turns into her motorcycle.

This film could be god awful, or it might be a masterpiece of hilarity depending on how it's written. Both will end up being pretty funny for me either way, so I can safely say that I'm looking forward to it.
Here's hoping for the later.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Fuel crisis in a steampunk setting? Either it'll be a remake of Mad Max hilariously replacing fuel tankers with huge sacks or coal, or it's 'steampunk' in name only. Betting on the latter.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
That isn't even close to the best movie title out there. The best one, by far, goes to this [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568341/] little gem: Some Guy Who Kills People.

Really, that's a thing. There is (or, well, will be) a horror film with that title.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Understand, this kind of titling/premise seems to be increasingly popular with Hollywood right now in general, as it gets attention. This movie is liable to be a craps shoot due to unknowns being involved.

Consider that right now we have guys like Speilburg and Harrison Ford involved in movies like "Cowboys and Aliens".... and yes, this is after Harrison Ford's comments on the Han Solo role that were reported here on "The Escapist". Plus let's not forget Geoffry Rush's soon to be famous line about Ninjas from the trailer of another apparently fairly big budget and reasonably well budgeted movie with a premise that is equally ridiculous. :p

Basically when it seems that a movie like "Cowboys and Aliens" has blockbuster potential simply on the merits of who is involved, it kind of makes it so you can't criticize anyone's choice of title, OR central movie premise with a straight face. We've got Speilberg, Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, and Ron Howard all with their names involved here. :p

http://teaser-trailer.com/movie/cowboys-and-aliens

I mean cripes, it's like "Snakes On a Plane"... straight and to the point, you have snakes, and they're on a plane. Here you have Cowboys, and you have Aliens, and they are together in the same movie... "Cowboys and Aliens". All they need now is Samuel L. Jackson.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Female, 21-25 years old, open ethnicity. She is a member of the Steampunk Samurai Biker Chicks, and tough as nails. A natural beauty, but not a girly-girl, she is involved with with Mott, but not afraid to use her sex appeal to get what she needs from Cal and Jondo. She can take a punch as well as give it, and is not to be trusted, no matter what. Please note any fight, sword, or motorcycle experience.
Wow really? Does the movies start with "It was a dark and stormy night..."? That is so hysterically bland the name of the movie makes up for it

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
AvsJoe said:
That isn't even close to the best movie title out there. The best one, by far, goes to this [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568341/] little gem: Some Guy Who Kills People.

Really, that's a thing. There is (or, well, will be) a horror film with that title.

IMDB said:
Budget: 1,000,00
Some investors have a pretty awesome sense of humor. Or IMDB put several extra zeros on there.

It's not a movie, but my favorite title belongs to a book by Cracked columnist David Wong; "John Dies in the End". I just find it so incredibly hilarious.