Beta Feedback Thread

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
This is a thread where you can share suggestions, bugs and general feedback about the V2 forums.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
My friend Martintox and I have been using his thread to test things: https://forums.escapistmagazine.com...elback-silver-side-up-2001-classic-review.25/

In addition to the formatting stuff we've left as comment in that thread, I was able to add a poll to the thread, and sticky it in that subforum, without being the original thread author.

Also, anybody can sticky any thread at any time, including when creating a thread.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Addendum: I can move that thread if I want, and I can view past mod actions taken on it.

Methinks some moderator permissions need more stringent set-up.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Addendum: I can move that thread if I want, and I can view past mod actions taken on it.

Methinks some moderator permissions need more stringent set-up.
Same. More even. Seems I can do everything a mod can. I can edit, move, delete, lock and sticky both threads and posts. I can give out warnings, except to Nick and real mods like NewClassic.

Since I'm here, might as well ask. How did you do links in one of those quote-like boxes, like you did here?

Nick Calandra

Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Same. More even. Seems I can do everything a mod can. I can edit, move, delete, lock and sticky both threads and posts. I can give out warnings, except to Nick and real mods like NewClassic.

Since I'm here, might as well ask. How did you do links in one of those quote-like boxes, like you did here?
Looks like we set the permissions, but not the full node permissions. Should be sorted now.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
What's an account upgrade? I need one to see any of these messages, but when I click the link I'm told there are no available upgrades to purchase?

Also do Gif avatars work?

Nick Calandra

Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
What's an account upgrade? I need one to see any of these messages, but when I click the link I'm told there are no available upgrades to purchase?

There's some weird shit going on with the permissions. I'm digging into it. Gimme a few.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
This is now my viewing experience:

oops.png
On the upside, I can't do those mod shenanigans anymore, so I'm guessing mod powers were taken away, but messages *from* "mod" accounts can't be seen by non-mods.

Or maybe it's just me.

Nick Calandra

Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
OK I think it's sorted now. Let me know.

Nick Calandra

Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Ooh boy this is going to be annoying, I can't even see my own posts. I'll attach files of what I see, and hopefully you'll see them. After this I'll try, I dunno, clearing my cache again...
Nah it was a backend issue with how permissions were set, I think it's sorted now.

Nick Calandra

Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Ya'll shouldn't be able to mess with mod tools now either, if you can confirm.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas

No idea, honestly. I just posted the link without anything else, and that's what happened.

Let me post a range of links and see what happens.

Nick Calandra

Administrator
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA

Cool thing I can do, is actually put your post counts at the amount you had from the previous forms.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
While I appreciate what seems to be our post amounts being added...I don't suppose our original join dates will also be changed to reflect this, will they?

I am one of the eldest Escapist members by join date (and possibly by real life...God I'm old :cry:) and would greatly appreciate my March 15, 2008 join date to be proudly brought into the new forum.

IT'S THE ONLY THING I HAVE!!!!! 😭😭😭

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
While I appreciate what seems to be our post amounts being added...I don't suppose our original join dates will also be changed to reflect this, will they?

I am one of the eldest Escapist members by join date (and possibly by real life...God I'm old :cry:) and would greatly appreciate my March 15, 2008 join date to be proudly brought into the new forum.

IT'S THE ONLY THING I HAVE!!!!! 😭😭😭
Kneel before my great 8500 posts, ye' little 8300 post newb!

]

Reactions: tippy2k2