Bethesda Announces Release Date For The Pitt

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bethesda Announces Release Date For The Pitt

Fallout 3 [http://www.bethsoft.com].

The Pitt will begin with an encounter with an escaped slave who claims that slavers in the ruined city have discovered a cure for mutation. From there, players will have to gain entry to The Pitt and decide how they're going to approach the various denizens and quests waiting inside.

The game will introduce new weapons and other items as well as all-new Perks and Achievements, and promises a return to the more "traditional" style of choice-driven, morally ambiguous Fallout gameplay that was set aside in favor of the combat-oriented action of the first DLC, Operation: Anchorage [http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/opanc.html].

The Pitt will be released for the PC and Fallout 3 website [http://www.xbox.com], where a handful of new screenshots have been posted.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bethesda-dates-fallout-3-the-pitt]

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! So happy. Cannot come soon enough!

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
I'm really looking forward to this one, Anchorage was decent but this looks a lot better. The one I absolutely can't wait for though is Broken steel, goodbye brickwall ending.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I'm really looking forward to this, but the one that I really want is the Broken Steel one.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
/drums fingers and waits for the expansions to be available outside of Games for Windows.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
I enjoy Fallout 3, but I'm the kind of person who liked being able to see what he bought/hold a hard copy in my hands in the event that something happens to the hard drive.

This looks great, but I'm going to hold out until they release a combination of Operation Anchorage, this, and Broken Steel, hopefully on hard copy/CD.

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
Kalezian said:
really? steam makes magical free content that none of the developers of said content have to spend any money developing? these are not mods Rutawitz, this is actual content that is made by people that know what they are doing. im not sure if you have ever been in a economics class, but theres a saying: there is no such thing as a free lunch....... ill give you some time to think about that
Err, what about the free TF2 DLC, for example? You know, the class updates and new maps that 360 players will have to pay for if/when they get to have them? Or the L4D DLC? Get off the high horse and look at Steam because apparently you haven't done that yet.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
DragunovHUN said:
Kalezian said:
really? steam makes magical free content that none of the developers of said content have to spend any money developing? these are not mods Rutawitz, this is actual content that is made by people that know what they are doing. im not sure if you have ever been in a economics class, but theres a saying: there is no such thing as a free lunch....... ill give you some time to think about that
Err, what about the free TF2 DLC, for example? You know, the class updates 360 players will have to pay for if/when they get to have them? Get off the high horse and look at Steam because apparently you haven't done that yet.
you forgot to mention the new maps they've also made available throughout the updates

DragunovHUN

Jan 10, 2009
uppitycracker said:
you forgot to mention the new maps they've also made available throughout the updates
That's right, i forgot the L4D DLC aswell. Edited post. Damn, Valve are great guys aren't they?

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
This one looks more like fun, and more like Fallout. Methinks I'll be downloading it. It makes me happy to have a PC, on account of not having to pay for this.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
ValvE releases their DLC for free, but only because they're awesome. It's not industry practice to do that.

Ionami

Aug 21, 2008
Destroy Gundam said:
I enjoy Fallout 3, but I'm the kind of person who liked being able to see what he bought/hold a hard copy in my hands in the event that something happens to the hard drive.

This looks great, but I'm going to hold out until they release a combination of Operation Anchorage, this, and Broken Steel, hopefully on hard copy/CD.
Your Xbox Live account holds the info on what you DLed... if anything happens you can always just reDL it.