Bethesda "Disappointed" There's No PS3 Skyrim DLC Yet

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Kroxile said:
I'm trading mine in as soon as I get a day off and time to do so.

I'll buy the goty edition when it inevitably comes out used just to get my cake and eat it too. Fuck you, Bethesda
Paying for their game once and then promising to play future versions anyways isn't exactly something I think they feel extremely slighted over. Just sayin'.
[hr]
I'm sure they have significant reason, they wouldn't just throw money away because they feel like it. If they really hated the PS3 they wouldn't have released the game on it at all.
That said they could stand to release more interesting DLC, the first one only sounds any fun as an evil character, I don't want troll followers. =/
This next one seems to already be simulated by a small collection of mods, I guess we'll see how much of it is actually new though.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Legion said:
This is one of the reasons for why you don't show favourites when it comes to platform DLC. They should have held back the Xbox 360 and PC versions and released them all at the same time.

Not just to avoid pissing off certain sections of the consumer base, but also to make sure the quality is up to an acceptable standard. As the Xbox version of DawnGuard is incredibly buggy, with any luck the PS3 owners will get to play it without all the little issues, which might make it worth the wait.
It should have never been released on the PS3 at all.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
nothingspringstomind said:
I'm just tired of waiting now. Bethesda can go fuck themselves with how long the PS3 DLC's take. I sat through this bullshit with Fallout 3, and when that arrived it broke the damn game until a patch that took 6 months to appear.
Then don't purchase Bethesda's games...?

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Volan said:
I'm really angry at everyone saying, "well, you should have bought it for the PC or the Xbox."

I paid good money for this console, and I want to bloody use it. I don't think it's fair for them to be treating me terribly for spending the same amount of money on a different machine, and I don't think it's fair that people like to step on those that don't have the same console and privileges as themselves.

It doesn't matter what I'm playing, as long as I'm actually getting to play things. So to everyone saying, "you should know better to not play it on the PS3, go buy it for something else, idiot!" - screw you. That's not being sympathetic, you're just being arrogant. Go play your precious Dawnguard.

I'm not angry at Bethesda, just disappointed and impatient. But I am angry at fanboys who like to take every opportunity to let down other people.
Now you know what it's like to be a Wii owner. Congratulations

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Legion said:
This is one of the reasons for why you don't show favourites when it comes to platform DLC. They should have held back the Xbox 360 and PC versions and released them all at the same time.

Not just to avoid pissing off certain sections of the consumer base, but also to make sure the quality is up to an acceptable standard. As the Xbox version of DawnGuard is incredibly buggy, with any luck the PS3 owners will get to play it without all the little issues, which might make it worth the wait.
But people totally bought a two hundred dollar console, a sixty dollar game and a twenty dollar DLC in this economy right?

Otherwise, the fact that they are practically Microsoft's ***** is all I can say. They have been for several years now and they keep getting worse and worse.

Two-A said:
What kind of anwser is that? You're talking your own game. You should at least have a concise explanation of why it hasn't been released yet.

Jove said:
I got a question.

Why do you idiots keep buying Bethesda games off a PS3? Sometimes I feel like the only logical person here where I just buy the 360 version or PC for modding sake.

It's obvious Bethesda has difficulties making PS3 ports. Hell Its been obvious since the PS3 version of Oblivion. Yet you continue to buy it and Fallout 3 and Skyrim, and yet your still sitting raging and crying at your keyboards.

You get a Bethesda game for either Xbox 360 or PC. It's that simple. Otherwise, it's your own fault for being idiots once again on buying something from a company that obviously have trouble porting a game on. Just ask From Software on how their PC port of Dark Souls went.
Oh I don't know, maybe they don't have a 360 or a computer powerful enough to run Skyrim, but they still want to play it?

Not everyone has both consoles and a state-of-the-art PC, you know.
1) Because they don't have a reason other then "we were bribed to release it on the 360 first and since their biggest competitor is Sony the PS3 is getting long in the future" which is essentially what happens whenever anyone does this console-exclusive bullshit.

2) If you want a powerful enough PC to run 7 year old hardware it will cost [I'm assuming you have the case, internet and basic things already] around 100$. By default, pretty much every game released this generation should work if you buy slightly newer stuff from like 4 years ago.

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
It saddens me that everyone's so harsh on Bethesda.

I don't blame anyone, and that can be very irritating if not upsetting because everyone on PS3 wants those DLCs and Skyrim mechanics to work as well as the next guy but I must say- I believe they really are trying. If they didn't care, they'd just say something in the lines that EA would say.

They also stated that they have teams working on the issue, multiple even. Not to mention they've had problems with PC and Xbox 360 (hence the patches and updates to fix those problems too). Everyone knows they're always having trouble with bugs and PS3 itself is the hardest to overcome due to the terrible coding the console has.

So give it time... and yeah it's unfair to say that but again please do give Bethesda a chance and when they (hopefully) fix those problems and PS3 users can have the DLC if not other expansions given... they'll be the company I highly respect. They've done a whole lot for us, working 5 years or more on each game like the Elder Scrolls (not all games but the big ones yes) so they do care just some technical issues aren't simple trust me.
A year ago, they said they had a deal with Microsoft to delay PS3 DLC development, and they repeated it later extending the time.

If they don't deserve to have customers feel slighted by their actions, then why did they cash the cheque?

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
In many ways, I wish Bethesda would stop pretending they care and just develop for PC only, or PC and Xbox, or whatever they feel they can manage. Just give *someone* a quality product, on time.

At this point, it would have been easier and less hassle to just save up, upgrade my PC, and play Skyrim on that.

Instead, I have a PS3 copy that still stutters, even after the lag patch, and a distinctly cool feeling towards Bethesda and its 'disappointment'.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Two-A said:
What kind of anwser is that? You're talking your own game. You should at least have a concise explanation of why it hasn't been released yet.

Jove said:
I got a question.

Why do you idiots keep buying Bethesda games off a PS3? Sometimes I feel like the only logical person here where I just buy the 360 version or PC for modding sake.

It's obvious Bethesda has difficulties making PS3 ports. Hell Its been obvious since the PS3 version of Oblivion. Yet you continue to buy it and Fallout 3 and Skyrim, and yet your still sitting raging and crying at your keyboards.

You get a Bethesda game for either Xbox 360 or PC. It's that simple. Otherwise, it's your own fault for being idiots once again on buying something from a company that obviously have trouble porting a game on. Just ask From Software on how their PC port of Dark Souls went.
Oh I don't know, maybe they don't have a 360 or a computer powerful enough to run Skyrim, but they still want to play it?

Not everyone has both consoles and a state-of-the-art PC, you know.
Aprilgold said:
1) Because they don't have a reason other then "we were bribed to release it on the 360 first and since their biggest competitor is Sony the PS3 is getting long in the future" which is essentially what happens whenever anyone does this console-exclusive bullshit.

2) If you want a powerful enough PC to run 7 year old hardware it will cost [I'm assuming you have the case, internet and basic things already] around 100$. By default, pretty much every game released this generation should work if you buy slightly newer stuff from like 4 years ago.
1) I know console-exclusive crap sucks, don't tell me about it. But I was kind of hoping they would have an actual explanation.

2) Even with that relatively low pricing, there are people who may not be able to afford a computer that runs Skyrim. I don't think they should be called idiots for that.

awdrifter

Apr 1, 2011
I'm sure the lack of ram on the PS3 has a lot to do with it. It's situations like this that a gaming PC is still needed.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Legion said:
Hopefully when you say "show favourites" you mean "don't sell exclusivity for the first three DLC" because that's what it is and not them being all crazy Xbox fanboys.

RaikuFA said:
I call bullshit. They just don't want to do it.
Yes because supplying a buggy AAA title to the fans of a certain system and leaving it in a state of disrepair is the best way to run a business.

squ1re said:
While the development kit for the PS3 is difficult it shouldn't qualify as an excuse to (as some people see it) "neglect" your customers. The real salt in the wound comes from the fact that Bethesda has announced a second DLC without even any window of release for Dawnguard on the PS3. That is what really stings because it implies a lack of caring to get the DLC on the PS3. The excuse of the development kit being really difficult can only carry so long in a situation like this. The fact that it has been able to carry as long as it has in our current culture of instantaneous satisfaction is remarkable in and of itself. I say excuse of a tough development kit because obviously they can get it working when need be or else Skyrim on PS3 would still be the mess it was upon release. So it is understandable for PS3 owners to be a little upset at this news.
There is no news of a release for PS3 because Bethesda don't want to give you the inferior product everyone is whining about.
I mean sure if you want to rush them but right now Bethesda is in a damned if you do and damned if you don't state.
Plus Dawnguard brings some entire new mechanics to the table, there is a whole lot going on and Bethesda clearly need time to fix it.

irmasterlol said:
Maybe I'm just being naive, but I like to think they're trying to make sure we avoid the various game-breaking issues that plagued the original release.
*claps* Well done for being reasonable. +10 respects.

squ1re said:
I think we would all like to believe that. However, when the DLC in question released at the beginning of June (so source code is to a point deemed acceptable for launch and now it is just a matter of porting) and now it is almost September with no word or release window even announced is where things begin to break down. Especially when a second DLC is announced it kind of comes off like a big "fuck you, we don't care" to the angered consumer base. But that is just speculation, the real "fuck you, we don't care" comes from the fact that when pressed about the issue by a consumer the answer received isn't even an answer but instead a statement that they are disappointed as well. That is like going to work knowing you haven't finished a report or going to class without your homework and when the boss/instructor asks where it is you say "I'm sorry, I'm disappointed in me too." Didn't they just finish jumping all over Interplay for basically the same situation concerning a Fallout MMO?
Second time I quoted you I know but I'm just working down the page.

What do you expect them to say though? Do expect them to do a press release of "Nah fuck it, we don't care about PS3 tbh" or would you rather have them say "Actually yeah we're disappointed that our PS3 version is sub par when compared to the others and that the ps3 users are getting rough deal"
I mean you can be a cynic all you want but that is just going a little far on the whole deal.

DracoSuave said:
A year ago, they said they had a deal with Microsoft to delay PS3 DLC development, and they repeated it later extending the time.

If they don't deserve to have customers feel slighted by their actions, then why did they cash the cheque?
Source?

As far as I know they have the first three DLC as exclusive and the release of the other DLC is done at least a month after Xbox.
Unless you can find where it says specifically development then I'm going with "No, you're wrong."

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Bethesda's been doing this since Oblivion came out, the ps3 version of a game has issues which may get fixed eventually recently this has gotten better with New Vegas and Skyrim being patched into fairly well running games where Fallout 3 and Oblivion still have issues from launch. DLC is always a timed exclusive for the 360/pc and takes anywhere from a 2-6 months before its released on the ps3, excuses that it's taking additional time to get the dlc running well always given by Bethesda, and then the dlc is released with the same issues that plague 360/pc owners since release. The ps3 has been getting getting treated like a second class by Bethesda for years and I don't think it'll end anytime soon especially since they've been doing it for years and are so transparent about it.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Lyri said:
Legion said:
Hopefully when you say "show favourites" you mean "don't sell exclusivity for the first three DLC" because that's what it is and not them being all crazy Xbox fanboys.
Oh, I don't mean "favourites" in an emotional sense, just that one platform has been given more of an advantage than another.

As somebody who quoted me mentioned, by holding back the release of a DLC they increase the chances of people moving on from their game onto something else, so they get DLC out to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

The problem this creates for Sony is that people are for more likely (if they don't already own it) to get the Xbox 360 or PC version of the game in order to be able to play the DLC.

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
Hahaha, I traded in my copy too after 3 months of playing it. No skin off my nose; it got bought for me by someone I didn't care for any longer, so I got a crappy £11 for 3 months of gameplay through the actual story, fiddling around in a few of the other side quests and generally getting bored of it because for most of that time, it was laggy as hell.

Whatever. I'll buy it when there's a game of the year edition, and most likely for PC too.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Legion said:

I've played 50 hours with Dawnguard on my 360 and haven't seen a bug in sight. Maybe one little thing like the AI turning around a few times before walking in the right direction but other than that, nothing really comes to mind.

And I agree that it's worth the wait, but it really pisses me off to no end when some dumbasses completely swear off all things Bethesda just because they can't wait a few weeks for a patch or DLC with them CLEARLY being the long-time loyal fans they are, waited almost 6 years from Oblivion to Skyrim.