Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Despite the end of Microsoft's 30-day exclusivity, Skyrim's first DLC may not appear on other systems.

While Xbox 360 owners have been enjoying Dawnguard, the first Skyrim expansion, for over a month, PS3 and PC gamers haven't been so lucky. The DLC was announced as a timed Xbox 360 exclusive [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114177-Skyrim-DLC-Coming-to-360-First], with the expansion supposedly coming to other systems 30 days later. Well, it's been 30 days, and Dawnguard is nowhere to be found on the PS3 or PC. Even worse for non-360 gamers, according to a Bethesda exec, there's not even a timeline for when they'll get to play the Skyrim DLC.

Marketing executive Pete Hines issued a statement about the expansion on Twitter, saying, "We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I'd tell you." That sounds like there's no guarantee Dawnguard will ever make it to the PS3 or PC, even though Microsoft's 30-day exclusivity has now expired.

This isn't the first time Skyrim and the PS3 haven't gotten along; though all three versions of the game were filled with glitches, the PS3 version in particular was lag [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115154-Skyrims-PS3-Lag-Gets-A-Patch-This-Month]. It's not known if development issues or other problems are causing the Dawnguard hold-up, but with not even a vague release window, PS3 and PC gamers probably shouldn't hold their breaths. And since the only thing we know about Skyrim's next batch of DLC is that it will also be a timed Xbox 360 exclusive, this won't be the last time other gamers are left out.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/360323/no-timeline-on-dawnguard-release-date-for-pc-and-ps3/]

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
B... but I just reinstalled it and started playing it again to get ready for it...

The fuck, 'Thesda? The fuck?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. Dawnguard has bugs. We should be relieved they are taking the extra time to make sure their product works before they release it... unlike pretty much anything Bethesda has ever released in the past.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
I miss when games and their content were built for PC, and then they were ported to everything else later.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Toasty Virus said:
What the fuck?! Are they serious?

How hard can It be to make the DLC for PC and PS3?
Granted how buggy they make shit that isn't for Xbox I'd say very hard .

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
twistedheat15 said:
Toasty Virus said:

I don't know. With current patches you could argue the PS3 version actually performs better than the 360 version now.

Apr 28, 2008
Well, I was holding off on vampire/werewolf overhaul mods because I wanted to try this first. But fuck it, I guess I'll just use those. I was willing to buy this Bethesda, now I doubt I ever will unless it goes on sale. Provided we even get the chance to buy it.

EDIT: Found this. If you play on the PC, we got our OWN vampire overhaul! With blackjack, and hookers! Well, not blackjack or hookers, but still!

We don't need no Dawnguard! [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17077] Oh, and we don't just got vampires, oh no, but werewolves as well!

BOOM! [http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12687]

Suck on that, Bethesda. Hope the money from Microsoft was worth it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Suki_ said:
Fappy said:
I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. Dawnguard has bugs. We should be relieved they are taking the extra time to make sure their product works before they release it... unlike pretty much anything Bethesda has ever released in the past.
The only problem is their past history goes against what you are saying. Fallout 3 dlc came out over a year later on the PS3 and it still had all the same bugs as the 360 version plus more.
I never played any of the DLC for Fallout 3, so I hadn't heard. Well, let's hope hsitory doesn't repeat itself here.

sonofliber

Mar 8, 2010
so you give the middle finger to the ones that make you what you were?, fuck you microsoft ***** i hope you go bioware route and burn in hell

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Hey Bethesda! Would you like my money? No? Okay then, I'll go give it to Robot Entertainment so I can get Orcs Must Die 2 instead.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Fappy said:
I've got to agree. There simply isn't any other reason they'd do it, this further delay will result in nothing else but less sales when it does come out. Unless something has went seriously, catastrophically wrong the PC/PS3 versions, I really doubt they plan on not bringing it out on those platforms at all.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Part of me is disappointed, but on the other hand it means I might actually have time to go outside and see the sun this year. Rather fitting actually.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Maybe the'll fix it make it bettar. The review made it seem rather bland (OTHER THAN FLYING)

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
"THIS IS TOTAL BS WE HAVE A RIGHT TO GET IT RIGHT NOOWWWWOWWWOWOWOW!"

Stop whining. Criticize, okay. But don't be an entitled twit.

Chances are they're having problems, the problems will be resolved, and then DLC for everyone. Trust me, they want to take your money.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I'm not exactly foaming at the mouth to get this anyway.

But when you do get it ready, it better have all the bugs fixed already, Bethesda. We love you, but don't test us. We give you extra time, you do extra work.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Fappy said:
twistedheat15 said:
Toasty Virus said:

I don't know. With current patches you could argue the PS3 version actually performs better than the 360 version now.
So I AM the only one still suffering from the Lag issues pre-patch 1.4

Honestly, I can wait... but holy shit GIVE US PATCH 1.6 already. What's that? You are are merging patch 1.6 into 1.7 for PS3 owners?

Hang on:

Bug Fixes
General memory and stability optimizations
Fixes crash related to new water shaders
Fixes rare crash related to dragon landings
Using vampiric grip and swimming no longer prevents swimming animation from playing afterwards
Xbox only- Fixes logic error with loading screens from add-ons
Xbox only- Improved recognition with Kinect voice commands
Xbox only- Kinect-enabled dragon language shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish work properly
Xbox only- Fixes issue with Dawnguard Kinect-enabled dragon shouts for French, German, Italian and Spanish

1.7 is primarily an Xbox patch, with Dawnguard fixes... WHY DA FUCK DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT, IN ORDER TO GET 1.6?

Bug Fixes
General stability and memory optimizations
General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes
Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks
Fixed rare crash with lighting
Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games
Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs
Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted
Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played
Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon
Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly
Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up
Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly
Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly
Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime
Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly
Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly
Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater
Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled
Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled
Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled

Nope... NOPE! I stupidly bought skyrim on ps3, knowing their history with the platform. I'm just going to shelf it and wait for the Ultimate Edition release for PC (when it hits budget prices).

I love skyrim... but you are making this game into an ordeal, rather then an experience.