Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news"? Are they playing dumb? We already knew that this was a timed exclusive, and for it to not be exclusive anymore, it has to be released for PC and PS3.

I think Skyrim's success made them think they can do whatever they want without consequences. We'll see what happens next time they release a game.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Ragsnstitches said:
I feel you bro. I had to lecture my girlfriend why she needed to get the 360 version instead of the PS3 version when the game was initially released. I complain about the 360 version... I can only imagine how much I'd ***** if I had it for PS3.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
That sucks... Good thing I'm not affected!

Seriously though, that's very bad for PS3 users.

As for PC users, I have no sympathy for you, all of you get more content through Mods anyway so you shouldn't complain.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Seems like Bethesda is going the Bioware route: giving the people that made them who they were the middle finger once they made boatloads of money. I expected no less.

Viper114

Dec 3, 2008
This is extremely disappointing, for sure. But we'll see what happens, I suppose.

But really, this whole timed exclusive DLC crap needs to stop. All it does is piss 2/3 of the customer base off.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Hey guys remember when Bethesda was a good solid company that stood by its customer with quality service and solid products?

Yeah, me neither.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Fappy said:
I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. Dawnguard has bugs. We should be relieved they are taking the extra time to make sure their product works before they release it... unlike pretty much anything Bethesda has ever released in the past.
This is pretty much what I'm hoping it is.

Although it's a bit unnerving them saying they've not actually said it's coming to other systems.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
Aerosteam 1908 said:
As for PC users, I have no sympathy for you, all of you get more content through Mods anyway so you shouldn't complain.

Muahahahaha... It's true.

I want to be annoyed by this, but then I think of all the delicious mods I can download, I'm sure many of which are way better than what Dawnguard has to offer and I chuckle softly to myself.

Seriously though, poor ps3 owners :(

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Well Bethesda I think that fuck you is appropriate here.

I mean seriously do they not want money?

Glad I'm already bored of the tedious repetitive combat, dialogue, and giant pile of worthless loot and gold.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
I think there's a difference in tone between a marketing official saying "We're busy with [stuff] and can't give a date for release" and "Oh right, that fanbase. Yeah, we might have something for you in the future. Might."

I don't doubt that Dawnguard will appear for PC and PS3 eventually, it just comes off as dismissing longtime fans, especially those willing to spend money on their products, for some undisclosed reason.

Now, if you'd excuse the following, irrational outburst:
Guys, you use a Construction Set for plugins to the core game. It's been that way for over a decade. It's raw data and interpreted scripts. I'm sure it ain't simple, but you didn't create three games, you ported one game to each platform somehow. You're not reinventing the wheel. You knew you'd make DLC, you know how it works, so what the heck is keeping you?

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
I am wondering why if there is a serious bug problem on the ports they do not just come out and say it rather than saying that they haven't even made plans for it.

Most gamers will understand if you are withholding content to make it better and those who do not will be labeled a impatient 12 year olds.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
That's weird. It's not like Bethesda to delay stuff, especially indefinitely. But I don't think there's much need to worry. It'll come out sooner or later. Maybe the longest PC and PS3 users will have to wait is until the GOTY edition, but it should come. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
What a bunch of twats.
Now that I have Skyrim on PC, I can't comprehend how I ever played an RPG on console. So fucking clumsy.
That Xbox first DLC shit is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Way to be a buy out bunch of pricks, Microsoft.

BUT WAIT! Hey, 360- I've had this for months!

Thank you, Valve. I love you, even with your delays.

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Wow this is stupid.

Announcing that they have nothing to announce.
Why not just say you have an itchy ASS CRACK on your twitter feed, since THAT is more constructive.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Hey Bethesda, do you know what these delays will lead to?
Less money.

I never bought ANY of the DLC for New Vegas because guess what?! I lost interest in the DLC and game after countless months of waiting for it.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
BUT WAIT! Hey, 360- I've had this for months!
Snip
Thank you, Valve. I love you, even with your delays.
Oh boy, Valve gave us the worst campaign ever made before xbox.

Woo.

Meanwhile, Dawnguard is supposed to be fucking awesome.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Fappy said:
I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about. Dawnguard has bugs. We should be relieved they are taking the extra time to make sure their product works before they release it... unlike pretty much anything Bethesda has ever released in the past.
This is pretty much my attitude too. In the mean time, I should really making some headway in that main quest.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Well looks like Skyrim has been relegated to play again when all dlc has been released and is on sale, with the steam sale happening while I was waiting for Dawnguard I've got plenty of other games to play. Although it is kind of poor for Bethesda to say the dlc has no timeline after stating so many times that it was dlc exclusive for 30 days, it did kind of build up the expectation that news of a pc and ps3 release date would be announced after the 30 day period was up, in fact in would quite logical to assume that would be the case. However that is assuming they have not run into problems and need more time. I do recall the release of the Honest Hearts dlc for New Vegas got delayed by a couple of months because of bugs, it is possible that something similar maybe happening with Dawnguard.