Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Pearwood said:
Neronium said:
Not that hard to do an LP of an RPG, you could just show you going through the missions and cut out long trips as long as the people know the location of where you need to go. There is also speeding up the footage.
Bit dry though, there's only what, 3-5 different enemy types within a dungeon?
Yeah it could get dull, but I'm sure they'll find ways to do it. Hell I know Skorch82 manages to do it for New Vegas.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I didnt mind the extra wait for the dlc, but i am a little annoyed and more than a little dissapointed by this. Its verging on treating PC/PS3 users with contempt and will make me think twice about buying their next game if this doesnt get released.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i could pretend to be outraged by this but i honestly got sick of skyrim a long time ago. and never really cared much about the dlc to begin with. sill, it seems like bethesda only really cared about the 360 version of skyrim (and dawnguard). seems to me that it would have been easier to just make skyrim and exclusive

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Neronium said:
I remember having to deal with this when I had got New Vegas for the PS3. I could wait, but it always annoys me when a gaming company takes the money of another company to deny DLC for others. I really feel bad for other PS3 users because they've had to deal with this with basically every game made by Bethesda. For Oblivion the expansions like Wizard's Tower and Mehrunes Razor don't exist; Fallout 3 DLC took ages to come out for with what I understood (got the GoTY edition); New Vegas DLC was released so late and so buggy taking forever to be fixed, and not everything has been fixed (got it on the PC recently, loving it); now they have to deal with Skyrim's DLC fiasco. Again I really feel bad because it seems that Bethesda hates the PS3 or something. PC owners luckily can mod their games so it's not too bad.
I never got any of the DLC for New Vegas mostly because the game hardly worked on its own. Getting any DLC for it probably would've rendered it completely unplayable.
Really the wost thing about being a ps3 owning Bethesda fan is the crappy ports. You're right, they do seem to have something against the ps3. Now I mostly just play the ps3 version to test it out. If I really like it, I'll get goty for the pc.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Neronium said:
I remember having to deal with this when I had got New Vegas for the PS3. I could wait, but it always annoys me when a gaming company takes the money of another company to deny DLC for others. I really feel bad for other PS3 users because they've had to deal with this with basically every game made by Bethesda. For Oblivion the expansions like Wizard's Tower and Mehrunes Razor don't exist; Fallout 3 DLC took ages to come out for with what I understood (got the GoTY edition); New Vegas DLC was released so late and so buggy taking forever to be fixed, and not everything has been fixed (got it on the PC recently, loving it); now they have to deal with Skyrim's DLC fiasco. Again I really feel bad because it seems that Bethesda hates the PS3 or something. PC owners luckily can mod their games so it's not too bad.
I never got any of the DLC for New Vegas mostly because the game hardly worked on its own. Getting any DLC for it probably would've rendered it completely unplayable.
Really the wost thing about being a ps3 owning Bethesda fan is the crappy ports. You're right, they do seem to have something against the ps3. Now I mostly just play the ps3 version to test it out. If I really like it, I'll get goty for the pc.
You'd be surprised actually, the game worked perfectly for me with the DLC. The patches the DLC had fixed a lot of the issues with the game and I could never stop playing it. I've done 44 characters and completed them all...I have a lot of free time.

Stripes

May 22, 2012
SkarKrow said:
Well Bethesda I think that fuck you is appropriate here.

I mean seriously do they not want money?

Glad I'm already bored of the tedious repetitive combat, dialogue, and giant pile of worthless loot and gold.
So bored you had the time to get angry about having to wait for another go at it.

Of course after this is announced all the PC users lose their shit and start throwing every insult at a company they claim should treasure them when it has some problems. Bethesda are great to you people, when they have what is clearly problems (timed exclusives are BS cash grabs but they clearly and doing this out of malice) you show them you dont care for reason. What you mean by loyalty is 'I will by your stuff when I enjoy it and throw a fit when things dont conform exactly to my views, then go pirate it'. Of course this isnt all PC gamers nor the majority. These are the same people who will claim they are valuable customers, its a joke.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
And so then I opened up Steam today and found Dawnguard available for purchase.

Um, Bethesda? Words? Can you use them? Preferably in sentences that describe "here's what we actually meant because we understand we made no sense before?"

Neronium said:
Pearwood said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Well, I'm a little put out about it, since a couple of my YouTube subscribers have asked me to do a Let's Play of Dawnguard and I was actually rather interested in it.
A video let's play of an RPG? You'd better be an editing god to make that one work mate.

I personally think that they've sneakily extended the exclusivity period rather than them working on fixing all the bugs before they release it on other platforms but got to admire the optimism people have here. Hope to be proven wrong.
Not that hard to do an LP of an RPG, you could just show you going through the missions and cut out long trips as long as the people know the location of where you need to go. There is also speeding up the footage.
Or you can do what I did [http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7785CC0C0057A726&feature=plcp] and just make a whole lot of videos, preferably of one or two major questlines and a handful of other stuff.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
Admittedly I was upset about this, but it looks like they've been trolling us.

Check out Steam right now. Dawnguard is available!

EDIT: Looks like I was scooped while posting! Stealthy Carnivore is Stealthy.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Damn it Ninja'd. Woooo! No more forum trolling for me! Bethesda can't take my money fast enough!

DeltaWolfson

May 9, 2011
Who wants to start this chanting with me and keep it going till they get off their ass and make for all systems. SAME PRODUCT, SAME SERVICE! SAME PRODUCT SAME, SERVICE! SAME PRODUCT, SAME SERVICE! SAME PRODUCT, SAME SERVICE! SAME PRODUCT, SAME SERVICE! SAME PRODUCT, SAME SERVICE! They need to know that Sony and The PC world is so sick of Microsoft being spoiled and gets all the good services!

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
Man I am happy. If I was told that it wouldn't come to PC I was close to boycotting Bethesdas games...

You need to be careful with my heart Beth. I love you but I don't want to be EA treated :(

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
They release the game on all systems at once, but not the DLC? What a load of cockamamie bullshit.

ishist

Jul 6, 2010
And here I am waiting impatiently for my direct deposit to hit the bank. WTF Government? It's 40 minutes late!

UncagedDuchess

Nov 7, 2011
I suppose I'm one of the few gamers that has Skyrim on all platforms and I can tell you that while the PC has some fantastic mods and the 360 has Dawnguard and the other DLC exclusives that are yet to be released, I still prefer my PS3 version. The PS3 seems to get the shitty end of the stick but I still prefer it. Even with all the lag, bugs and other bad bits.

Enizer

Mar 20, 2009
i think this has been taken out of context as bethsta seems to have been going for a surprise release for some reason

anyway this morning i can see dawnguard for sale on steam, so that puts those issues to rest.

cant check the PS3 though as i dont have one

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Charli said:
snowburst92 said:
well all i have to say is... HAHAHHAHAHA shudda bought the better console then xD
Not to be rude, but the Escapist isn't a gang of 14 year olds championing either of the consoles or PC. All should be treated respectfully.

Also who cares, if you don't want to give it to us Bethesda, PLENTY of backlog after the steam sale we can play. And I'm sure Ps3 owners can find some other shiny games to occupy the void.
Honestly Skyrim was at the back of my mind by now, if you don't want to keep it fresh in our mind and keep it relevant to us that's your loss, not ours.

for the record im 20 and british and have both ps3 360 and pc lol. but tbh what has PS3 got going for its self tht pc or 360 cant compete with? 360 has so many exclusives ps3 exclusives arnt worth it imo and live is generally better, i used to think ps3 was better until i actually got a 360 but imo pc will always be better because of what u can do with it.

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
Fredrikorex said:
Welll... shit.
I guess I should start hating Bethesda now, but I'm having too much fun with other games to care.

I just hope they release it for PC someday.
I hate microsoft hence why i dont use windows :p i use ubuntu and i dont play 360 often i have both ps3 and 360 just 360 has alot more going for it then ps3, ask ure self this what has ps3 got tht 360 cant deliver?