Bethesda has Three New Games in the Works, Two of Which are Apparently Huge

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Cold Shiny said:
and I guarantee they will be huge, empty worlds with no interesting characters. Despite being so empty and boring, they will be so riddled with bugs it will make the game basically unplayable without mods. But when these new games come out, people will praise them for how awesome they are, and even count the bugs as a plus because "they give the games personality".

Well, at least the modding community will get a lot of practice.
I literally finished Pillars of Eternity yesterday.

Other than the Mass Effect 3 ending it had, the other problem was exactly the huge, empty world with no interesting characters.

For that matter I replayed Baulders Gate 1 & 2 and Fallout 1 & 2 a couple of years ago. Exactly the same thing can be said about them. I played these a couple of time now and I cant remember anything memorable about any of them (except maybe Fallout 1 - the benefit of being a really short game I think)

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
I have a sneaking suspicion that they might be working on something VR related or at least VR compatible/focused.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
This isn't really exciting if Bethesda continue to apply their same philosophy of "populate world with content designed around levels 1-10 in difficulty, then run algorithm to scale everything up a level". Because then you just end up with a game that you either replay endlessly at low levels or spend your life hitting F5 in case you run into a Deathclaw in some kid's play pen.

Oct 22, 2011
RaikuFA said:
I heard a rumor that a New Vegas 2 is in the works. I'd be happy but don't see the point. At long as they don't do the settlement thing from 4.
I'd be glad IF they'd outsource NV2 to someone else. I'm not even hard on Obsidian doing it. I'd be just content with Bethesda takeing the "numbered" Fallouts at this point and leaving the "spinoffs" to someone else.

Someone else came up with a thesis that in F5 they'll double down on base building elements, turning it into full blown Post-apo Farm Sim/Vaultcraft.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Poetic Nova said:
008Zulu said:
Poetic Nova said:
And all will be buggy as fuck, and overpraised like hell. Per usual Bethesda tradition.
The non-English speaking janitors, Jose and Pedro, can only do so much as Bethesda's Quality Assurance team.
And that's assuming they have a Quality Assurance team. Rumors go that the whole QA floor is full of cobwebs, never seeing use.
I think there's a skeleton in there as well.