Bethesda Hasn't Given up Hope on Wii U, Vita

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Bethesda Hasn't Given up Hope on Wii U, Vita

"Never say never," says a Bethesda PR rep, regarding the possibility of Bethesda games on the Wii U and PSVita.

Bethesda, best known for the Fallout and The Elder Scrolls series, has released games for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, with plans to support the PS4 and Xbox One. What they haven't published on, however, are neither Sony nor Nintendo's handheld efforts (the PSVita and the 3DS), nor Nintendo's Wii U. But that could possibly change in the future. Bethesda VP of PR and marketing Pete Hines said "We'll wait and see. I would never say never. There are a lot of talented folks doing a lot of cool stuff, and maybe opportunities arise."

Hines says that there is a lot of things Bethesda has done that people don't associate with them. For example, the company has published mobile titles in the Dishonored and Rage franchises, although the latter was more or less "John [Carmack] going, 'hey, I can get this to work on that, it'll be fun,'" so the possibility of Bethesda opening up to other platforms is definitely there.

"We don't have anything announced for Wii U. We don't have anything announced for the handhelds. Are there opportunities that could come up there that could make sense and be the kinds of things we would want to do? Absolutely. But what we have going on right now doesn't fit with that."

Nonetheless, Hines says that Bethesda isn't going to force development on these platforms if it doesn't feel natural. "Maybe somebody internally says, 'hey, I have this great idea to do this thing on this platform.' If that makes sense and it feels like something Bethesda would do, okay," he said, adding: "But we're not just going to bang a round peg into a square hole. That's not how we work. It doesn't make sense for us."

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/22/bethesda-never-say-never-on-wii-u-vita-support]

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Please gimme a Knife of Dunwall style Dishonoured game for the Vita Bethesda.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
If they were to port New Vegas onto the Wii U then I'd have my most played game on that system right there. I love New Vegas so much and despite having it on the PC and 360 I wouldn't mind it being on the Wii U. Just make sure it's not as bad as how the PS3 port that I originally started with was, okay Bethesda.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Wait, did you just say "Skyrim series"? It's The Elder Scrolls, by the by. That's almost as bad as an article I read when Skyrim first came out where the reporter called it 'Oblivion: Skyrim'.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Voulan said:
Wait, did you just say "Skyrim series"? It's The Elder Scrolls, by the by. That's almost as bad as an article I read when Skyrim first came out where the reporter called it 'Oblivion: Skyrim'.
My bad!

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
That would be pretty cool if they used the gamepad as a Pip-Boy...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Neronium said:
If they were to port New Vegas onto the Wii U then I'd have my most played game on that system right there. I love New Vegas so much and despite having it on the PC and 360 I wouldn't mind it being on the Wii U. Just make sure it's not as bad as how the PS3 port that I originally started with was, okay Bethesda.
Touch Screen gamepad could have a pip-boy skin and work as it in real time, that's be kind of cool.

Aerosteam said:
That would be pretty cool if they used the gamepad as a Pip-Boy...
Easier to be ninja'd when you're tired XD, but it's still a great idea, just give this guy the credit for it. I'll take credit for the skin/faceplate thing though XD.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Bethesda.

You could finally make Elder Scrolls Travels not shitty and forgettable.

[small]Now's your chance.[/small]

PhoenixUp

Mar 9, 2010
Sweet Jebus, if we could get a graphically overhauled Morrowind on the Vita...
Well, it would likely destroy my life, but it would be awesome.

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
I would shit a brick if they made a portable Elder Scrolls/Fallout game for the vita, let alone some of their great titles like Dishonored. I'LL PAY ANY PRICE BETHESDA!!!

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I think it's just that they don't see any money to be made in those consoles.

I think pretty much any of the games they've made would be great, being ported to the Vita.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
That's what I was thinking. Then we could use the Pro Controller as the main controller instead of the gamepad. Heck make the gamepad optional and the pro controller the main one and I'll be happy. Heck if their games were put on the Vita I'd also have a reason to get a Vita. :D
Come on Bethesda, you have a huge opportunity here.

The_Echo said:
Bethesda.

You could finally make Elder Scrolls Travels not shitty and forgettable.

[small]Now's your chance.[/small]
I remember that game...not your best work Bethesda...not your best at all.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Give me a Morrowind or a Fallout game on the Vita and you will have my undying fanboyism.
In fact, imagine an old school style Fallout game on the Vita, it's an amazing idea!

BernardoOne

Jun 7, 2012
Just see how many Bethesda games are on Wii and PSP.

So no, there isnt really anything coming from them at all for those consoles. ever.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
BernardoOne said:
Just see how many Bethesda games are on Wii and PSP.

So no, there isnt really anything coming from them at all for those consoles. ever.
Good thing we are talking about the Wii U and the PS Vita then huh?

The problem with the Wii and PSP was that their specs weren't that good when compared to their newer counterparts. Plus heck even if they were to port over games like Daggerfall or Arena, or even Fallout 1 or 2 they still would do good since those games don't require much space and are good games.

ChrisCarTheMarauder

May 3, 2013
Let's not act like they'd do a good job of developing anything innovative enough for the Wii U controller.

They literally make the worst user interfaces in any game I've ever seen.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
ChrisCarTheMarauder said:
Let's not act like they'd do a good job of developing anything innovative enough for the Wii U controller.

They literally make the worst user interfaces in any game I've ever seen.
I can agree with that. Skyrim is almost unplayable on PC without UI mods. It's just shocking.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
Bethesda, best known for the Fallout and The Elder Scrolls series...
I wasn't aware they were known for the entire Fallout series now; last I checked they only did Fallout 3.
But eh, details.

On Topic: Well, not that anyone from Bethesda is listening, but might I suggest a Fallout Tactics style game for at least one the handhelds?