Bethesda Introduces Skyrim's New Faces

Jymm

Sep 18, 2010
EboMan7x said:
Anyone mind saying the names of the different races? I can't really tell them apart.
I did a google search "The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim faces" and found that Gamespy has the faces labeled by race.

OT: These faces are certainly more grittier than Oblivion's were.

PseudoDuck

Bacon Robot
Oct 18, 2009
Every single one of those looks terrifying.

I don't like the look of the Orcs though. They seem too humanised, kinda like green Nords with big teeth.

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
Yokai said:
As humans go, they clearly put the most work into the Nords.
Considering that Skrim takes place in the Nord homeland of...errr....Skyrim, I'd say that there is a reason for this that I can't quite put my finger on...lol

All joking aside, they do look great!

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
PseudoDuck said:
Every single one of those looks terrifying.

I don't like the look of the Orcs though. They seem too humanised, kinda like green Nords with big teeth.
Thank you! This has been a peeve of mine since the first batches of characters have been coming out. You described them very accurately, "Green Nords with big teeth".

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
WOW! in oblivion i could barely see the difference between men and women now you can, also seems we may be able to create some actual good looking characters

huge step up

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Well, gentlemen. Get started on picking out how your in-game wife will look!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Leftnt Sharpe said:
War Penguin said:
Leftnt Sharpe said:
Clever Girl.......Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?
No, I'm having trouble with that, too. Well, actually, I have the feeling that the last set was the Nords, so that wasn't that much of a problem, but everyone else, yeah, kind of hard to tell.

But I doubt that would matter. The more I see the Argonians, the more I think to myself "f**k Imperial! I want to be a lizard man!"

Also I'm not a big fan of any of the females in this game [small](Argonians excluded)[/small]. Their lips seem way to big an glossy, as well as their eyes. Still, I'm sure I could change that, of course, so no biggy.
Well if I was to hazard a guess I would say, including non-human races, that the order goes: Argonian, Breton, Dunmer, Altmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Orc, RedGuard, Bosmer, Nord. But I could be completely wrong about that.
Yeah, I'd say that's about right.

Studs MacKenzie

Aug 6, 2011
It's amazing what a difference 5 years makes. Oblivion NPCs still haunt me to this day... (think: Universal King Kong 3D radio commercials)

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
The dark elves look a little bit too much like something from startrek other than that this is awesome. Im gonna die if Skyrim gets any more awesome and I cant play it, we need a beta leak like with Deus Ex

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Everyone looks so splotchy, but the meshes are way better than oblivion. I'll still be loading custom textures and meshes though, my own are always better (and naked).

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Okay, these look really good, but can Bethesda let us make a character that ACTUALLY LOOKS HAPPY? Why does every character have to be scowling by default? And usually, if you try to give them a smile, you'll just end up messing up their facial structure.

Please, Bethesda, let me have a character that doesn't think life is pain.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
The graphics are better, but as faces go, they don't look as good as Oblivion.
Look at the Dark Elf, that's not a face...

I'm still going to play and love the game of course.

Tanfastic

Aug 5, 2009
Yes! I can play an Argonian again and have it look awesome! (Sorry Oblivion... your Argonians didn't cut it :/)