Bethesda Offering Free Goodies When You Watch or Stream Games On Twitch

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bethesda Offering Free Goodies When You Watch or Stream Games On Twitch

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1412/1412452.jpgIf you like watching or streaming Bethesda games on Twitch, you'll soon be able to earn rewards by doing so.

Bethesda is starting a new program that will give free, in-game rewards to gamers who watch or stream the company's games on Twitch. Called "Twitch Drops," it will allow users to link their Bethesda.net account with their Twitch account to receive free goodies.

The first Twitch Drop event will take place during Bethesda's E3 showcase, which starts on June 12 at 12 AM ET (June 11 at 9 PM PT for you West coasters). While the showcase is going on, Bethesda says it will "be distributing Drops all evening long for The Elder Scrolls: Legends - including card packs and in-game currency."

On Wednesday, June 14, Drops will roll out to all Legends streams on Twitch. Beyond that, the company says that its "vision for Drops is to allow anyone who is streaming or viewing a Bethesda title that is powered by Bethesda.net to earn Drops." More details are promised "in the future" about games that the program will support.

You can find all the info about Twitch Drops over on Bethesda.net [https://bethesda.net/en/article/5u6EjT9da8mIIeAao6Asu4/introducing-twitch-drops], and you can link your Twitch account with your Bethesda.net account while you're there.

[gallery=7487]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Well, card games of any kind seem to be very popular to be streamed and it's free so I see no harm it it. People get stuff for the game they enjoy watching in the first place. Could be interesting, if its just an additional way of getting in-game items, not the only way or having exclusive Stream Items or something. I doubt we will see in this specific case, but in other games some developer my try that stunt.

Saelune said:
Horse Armor for everyone!
Loop Stricken said:
Lusty Argonian Maids for everyone!
Hmmm... Time for MAD SCIENCE!
Lusty Argonian Horse Armor for everyone!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
At first, I thought, "Oooo, I might get some ES games for free." But then I remembered I already have them all.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Bindal said:
Well, card games of any kind seem to be very popular to be streamed and it's free so I see no harm it it. People get stuff for the game they enjoy watching in the first place. Could be interesting, if its just an additional way of getting in-game items, not the only way or having exclusive Stream Items or something. I doubt we will see in this specific case, but in other games some developer my try that stunt.

Saelune said:
Horse Armor for everyone!
Loop Stricken said:
Lusty Argonian Maids for everyone!
Hmmm... Time for MAD SCIENCE!
Lusty Argonian Horse Armor for everyone!
i would buy that.. dont judge me

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
In other words, Bethesda wants to draw attention to Legends so that it has a chance of competing with Hearthstone (and maybe Gwent idk) and actually start making money for them rather than being dead in the water as it is now.