Bethesda Opens Pre-Orders for $350 Limited Edition Bluetooth Pip-Boy

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Bethesda Opens Pre-Orders for $350 Limited Edition Bluetooth Pip-Boy

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1328/1328965.jpgIn the wake of their E3 press conference last night, Bethesda has announced the new Pip-Boy Deluxe Bluetooth Edition.

If you've always wanted a Pip-Boy, Bethesda has one for you, provided of course that you're willing to spend $350. Sure, you might have picked up the Pip-Boy Edition of Fallout 4,

Unlike the unit that shipped with the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition, the Pip-Boy Deluxe Bluetooth Edition doesn't require you to insert your phone. Instead, it's got its own screen and software. Most of the knobs, dials, and buttons on the Pip-Boy actually work, and you can pair it with your cell phone to make and answer calls, read your messages, and play audio files. If you don't pair it, you can still use the device as an alarm clock, or just as part of your latest Fallout cosplay costume.

Even the holotape drive pops open on top, revealing a holotape that is actually a USB drive. It comes with a stand that will both charge the device and act as a larger Bluetooth speaker when the Pip-Boy is onboard.

Bethesda will only be selling 5,000 of the Pip-Boy Deluxe Bluetooth Edition, and the odds are that it will sell out quickly, so if you want one, you should probable head over to Bethesda.net [http://store.bethsoft.com/pip-boy-deluxe-bluetooth-edition.html] and pre-order it. The device is set to ship November 11, 2016.

[gallery=6286]

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Given that it looks just like the Fallout 4 pip-boy but with the phone built in, I'll have to pass. There's a reason the Pip-Boy edition was only $60 more, and it's not because some billionare philanthropist donated them high-quality materials so they wouldn't have to charge as much.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
"This product is only available to the USA, Canada, and Australia."

I guess not then..

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I wouldn't buy this if I was a millionaire. Sadly I'm sure there are enough suckers in the world that this will sell out fast.

At $350 it's like they just decided "Fuck it, how much would the eBay reseller fuck heads charge for this?" And went with that

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Quellist said:
I wouldn't buy this if I was a millionaire. Sadly I'm sure there are enough suckers in the world that this will sell out fast.

At $350 it's like they just decided "Fuck it, how much would the eBay reseller fuck heads charge for this?" And went with that
I'm an ebay reseller fuck head. The way I see it is that if someone is willing to pay close to or over a thousand dollars for something like this I may as well make a profit. I bought the Fallout 4 Collector's Edition, waited a month, and then resold it on ebay for $1,200.00.

Apr 5, 2008
Just ordered it! 5k limited edition, why not!? It will look good...still boxed next to my still boxed ltd. ed. Portal gun o.o

Annoyingly, only ships to US, Canada and Australia (of all the places!). I'm in the UK so I've had to get creative and pester family abroad to accept delivery for me (not the first time I've asked, so they're accustomed to it :) ). But then when I get it back here eventually it'll be even more limited :)

I like that it ships Nov 11. Skyrim Day :)

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Bat Vader said:
Quellist said:

I'm an ebay reseller fuck head. The way I see it is that if someone is willing to pay close to or over a thousand dollars for something like this I may as well make a profit. I bought the Fallout 4 Collector's Edition, waited a month, and then resold it on ebay for $1,200.00.
And if everybody thought like you the world would be in a sorry state...oh wait, nevermind :p

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
for the first time ever im actually tempted to get something like this but thats a hell of a lot of money

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Bat Vader said:
Quellist said:

You're joking ... $1,200.00 for some cheap plastic pip-boy? I've really got to get into the plastic tat market it seems.